Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The quality of writing on the BBC News website

Started by Noonling, July 24, 2019, 07:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

QuoteThe reputation of French author Louis-Ferdinand Céline, seen here in 1932, was tarnished by vitriolic anti-Semitism

I read that and thought, no, hang on, I thought Céline was an antisemite.  And he was.  But it's unclear isn't it?  If you didn't know, you might think he and his reputation were attacked by antisemites.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50475648

As an aside, I know someone whose maternal grandparents fled to Sigmaringen and whose other set were Jews living in occupied France.  I am not even lying.

chveik

the grandmother of a friend of mine took dance classes from Céline's wife in her youth.

also the title is a bit misleading. there are still people alive today that have lived through the collaboration.

Bennett Brauer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50915895

Local story nicked and sexed up. Tortoise's bedding caught fire and the smoke alarm went off. The fire didn't spread and the house wasn't on fire.

Expect to see the tortoise on The One Show soon.

BlodwynPig

Wish theyd put journalist names with the story so i can stalk and menace them like a beige michael myers

Neomod

evilcommiedictator

I've read the Tortoise was a lifelong Labour voter but couldn't vote this time around due to Labour's stance on shell companies

Icehaven

Look at this cracker from the story about Harry and Meghan:

Quote from: BBC WebsiteBut Harry and Meghan reached people that other royals didn't. They were part of the reinvention and refreshing of the institution.

Well done to them for being so reaching and for the refreshing.

Norton Canes

Mystery Chinese virus: How worried should we be?

QuoteCoronaviruses can cause symptoms ranging from a mild cold all the way through to death.

This new virus appears to be somewhere in the middle

NoSleep

QuoteThis new virus appears to be somewhere in the middle

Of China?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 10, 2020, 11:58:16 AM
Gurgle gargle goo gah

damning editorial on the Russian report delayed during the election, gaaaaah GAAAAAHHHHH

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: icehaven on January 09, 2020, 05:49:35 AM

Their coverage of Harry and Meghan is hilariously bad. They are getting very very upset about something which is barely news at all: I can understand why the Daily Mail feels the need to whip up hatred at people who've announced they're fed up with all the hate, but there's no need for the BBC to do likewise. Although in fairness if Posh Spice announced she was withdrawing from the public eye I'm sure the BBC would give it equally pompous and self-righteous coverage.

touchingcloth

QuoteTrainers, creps, sneakers, kicks - whatever you call them, they're big business. Many popular trainers are designed by some of the biggest names in the world and can be sold for thousands of pounds.

U wot. No.

touchingcloth

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 19, 2020, 08:40:05 PM
THOUSANDS OF POUNDS!??!?!?!?!

EACH. Want a pair? Two thousands of pounds, mate.

My opinion of the day: anyone who has ever spent or thought about spending that amount on a trainer is a cunt who deserves to be kicked to death with their own shoes.

imitationleather

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 19, 2020, 08:33:57 PM
U wot. No.

Actually grandad, if you've not already died of old age since you posted that, creps is a very common term for them among people who are not sent a letter by the Queen every birthday.

idunnosomename

the bbc website reads like a pretend newspaper you make for English (language) class at key stage 3

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on January 19, 2020, 08:42:43 PM
Actually grandad, if you've not already died of old age since you posted that, creps is a very common term for them among people who are not sent a letter by the Queen every birthday.

You're mistaken. You're thinking of the thin things made by a French, and then you are misspelling it.

A crep. "My left crep is pinching a bit". Nah. Put to death immediately if you say this. Crepped into grave.

Dex Sawash

Pink Gregory

Somewhere in Bristol is a barber/trainers shop called Cuts n' Creps.

And I survived to tell the tale.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Pink Gregory on January 19, 2020, 10:48:30 PM
Somewhere in Bristol is a barber/trainers shop called Cuts n' Creps.

And I survived to tell the tale.

Where in Bristol is this? Does kittens go there? I bet he does, the kunt.

idunnosomename

no image is too large for me, i have a pentium processor

sevendaughters

Here's what I grabbed

British basketball has reacted with "sadness" to the "shock" news that Robert Archibald, the only Scot to play in the NBA, has died at 39.

FEEL VERY "SAD" NOW

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: icehaven on January 09, 2020, 05:49:35 AM

Well done to them for being so reaching and for the refreshing.

Ah, so that's how they'll support themselves. They'll launch a brand of beer: Hameghan.

Cuellar

Not the website and admittedly no fault of any editors, but at the Auschwitz memorial service on BBC news 24,Dr Mengele shows up on the subtitles as Dr Middle England.

Sick of the lefty bias if I'm honest