Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:23:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Started by The Boston Crab, July 25, 2019, 10:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Just off down the shops to get this. Can you shag the bird with the red leggings?

Consignia

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on August 09, 2019, 12:55:46 PM
Just off down the shops to get this. Can you shag the bird with the red leggings?

If by shag you mean torturously listen to her go on about her sad noble upbringing all the time, then yes.

Jerzy Bondov

Excellent. They didn't have any copies in the CEX sadly.

Jerzy Bondov

I've got this now. Didn't realise you played a teacher and not one of the students. Don't want to shag any of them now, that would be gross misconduct.

I've gone with the red team as it seemed to have the least irritating tossers in it. I thought the shut in girl was annoying but on the battlefield sniping cunts she's great. No worries love.

What happens if you choose the Classic difficulty where you can lose people in battle? Surely if you lose Edelgard or someone it will totally fuck the story. I understand in the old ones you'd recruit new people, but in this do they have whole voice acted characters waiting in the wings? Surely not.

Consignia

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on August 14, 2019, 11:26:07 AM
I've got this now. Didn't realise you played a teacher and not one of the students. Don't want to shag any of them now, that would be gross misconduct.

You can shag the teachers, though, right. Including that inappropriately dressed one.

What happens if you choose the Classic difficulty where you can lose people in battle? Surely if you lose Edelgard or someone it will totally fuck the story. I understand in the old ones you'd recruit new people, but in this do they have whole voice acted characters waiting in the wings? Surely not.

I think, although don't know as I'm playing on baby difficulty, that losing key characters such as the player character or class leader is a failure condition.

brat-sampson

Quote from: Consignia on August 14, 2019, 12:21:50 PM

You can shag the teachers, though, right. Including that inappropriately dressed one.
I think, although don't know as I'm playing on baby difficulty, that losing key characters such as the player character or class leader is a failure condition.

Yup, if you're on classic then if your house leader goes it's a restart. Or not, because you just rewind time and save them. But if you lose a class member and don't rewind they're OOOT.

brat-sampson

Chapter 9, slowly bolstering my ranks and got a few lads at Lv 20, which is enough to basically smoke most of the what the game's throwing me at this point.Love it though, this is a fun strategy power fantasy where Byleth, Felix and Annette go around 1-shotting folks while Ingrid flies about opening chests.

Apparently I'm nearly half-way through, played for 20-odd hours. My own fault for FULLY exploring the monastery once a month and throwing in a couple of battles for grinding here and there.

Does this stay good?

Played this for 45 hrs in about a weekend, got to part two. Not touched it since, just can't be arsed. Got back into Dodonpachi DaiOuJou and this just seems boring as fuck in comparison. Gonna give it a go this afternoon though. I need to get back to the characters but ugh, I just don't give a shit now.

Can you fuck them is what I need to know. I put a real shift in with a few of these and if that's been time wasted, I won't bother. Do you see the fucking?

Consignia

Yep, you get to see willies and front bums. The whole lot.

I've just been putting an hour or so every couple of days. It's great fun when it's about the battles, but I've really lost all sense in what the hells going on a mock battle this week, followed by saving the country the next. I just want to play toy soldiers.

Couple of battles and a couple of cups of tea and I'm right back in it. Story and characters are always more compelling than one might assume or remember. Battles are ace.

Oof. Justin gone through some significant plot advancement and this is back to its best. I gave it a rest because I didn't want to burn through it and then couldn't be arsed getting refamiliarised but an afternoon of cricket on the radio and this on the big telly and I'm wanking with fanny batter. What a game.

Consignia

Yeah, just hit the "bad thing" too. I do like it completely reframes the setting so the twee school antics are kind of off set. Also, the fact the story has such a huge fork in it means I'm going to have play through at least once more.

Despite dipping my toe into Astral Chain and having a bloody good time with it, Fire Emblem continues to totally rule. I'm doing much less exploration now I'm well into the second half so I'm likely missing a lot of the support dialogue and character stuff but the main story is rattling along and continuing to intrigue me. The combat continues to be excellent and I enjoy every single battle. It's pretty much my surprise GOTY at this point, perhaps alongside Cuphead which I found pretty loathsome on the XB1 but completely consumed me when it came to Switch.

Kelvin

Gonna have to play this in November, I think. After the glut of Nintendo games we're currently experiencing.

Pokemon can get fucked.

Consignia

Finished my first route today. Clocked in about 30 hours, and got a good few characters recruited. Pretty much ended going down the evil route, so I'm going for a less evil one, hopefully good one next. It really does get going in it's second half, where it sheds most of it's trappings that the setting gave it.

The gameplay is great though, I'd love a skirmish story free mode available after the main campaign to really maximise some of the higher level stuff that's only given to you late game. Like in Valkyria Chronicles.

Very curious what the DLC will bring. More of the same would do me but I don't know how they'd expand without requiring a replay. I have no imagination though and I don't yet know how it ends, either.

I finished my first playthrough yesterday with the Blue Lions. In the second half, I skipped the support chats and side stories for the characters I was less interested in but it was excellent to the end. Very enjoyable and quite tough final battle and I was very happy that I ended up with Mercedes in a joyous, pious big tit lezza wedding. I don't know if I'll ever play through again but I'm definitely tempted to see what the Black Eagle storyline is like from the other perspective. A very unexpected pleasure and one of the GOTY for me.

Consignia

I'm surprised how much I like it second time through. Still skipping half the conversations, but getting the gist. Having a good understanding of all the mechanics means you don't have to piss around either, recruiting way more people this time and ensuring I get more than one horsey person.

Going down the neutral route this time after taking Edgelord's previously.

Thursday

Saw this in CEX the other day and thought about getting it because I've got some credit and then today I decided I would get it, but it was no longer there :(

So if anyone wants to sell their copy to my local CEX  that'd be good.

Thursday

Checked again and it was there today! Looking forward to going "Full England Cricket Team" with my students.

I made a few posts but deleted them because they're not something I would ever want my family to read after I died. Be interested to see how you get on with it.

Consignia

Quote from: Thursday on September 14, 2019, 02:36:49 PM
Looking forward to going "Full England Cricket Team" with my students.

Planning letting them die very cheaply, with your only respite being your opponents fairing worse because of environment effects?

Consignia

I have an archer joke too, but that's in my back pocket.

Thursday

I think Boston Crab is the only other one who posts here and in the cricket thread, so that line was specifically aimed at him... God just thinking about how small the venn diagram of people interested in Fire Emblem and cricket is. How come nobody else is as awesome as us?

Consignia

I like Cricket too, I just don't post about it. Let me just say Lysithea is the Steve Smith of Black Mages.

Thursday

I don't post about the cricket either, I just shout abuse at the team.

Thursday

To be honest, I don't particularly fancy these anime children, more into the teacher that dresses like a sex worker. Sick, I know.

Consignia

Good news, you can marry every character apart from your dad.

In fairness, the whole romance stuff is silly. There's absolutely no chemistry between anyone, and marriage scenes come out of nowhere in the epilogue. The pairings come across as random as fuck, largely based on who you deploy together. I think the have would have richer without it, just leaving the scripted support scenes.