Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:54:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ballad of my poor face anus, aka my ear

Started by alan nagsworth, July 25, 2019, 11:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

Went to the UCC on the advice of NHS 111. When I got there they told me they couldn't perform any such service, so I was basically given incorrect advice. Very glad the waiting room was dead because if I'd waited any longer than 30-60 mins for that news I would have been fairly fucked off.

Apparently my GP should be able to do it so I'm praying they have an appointment for the after-5pm slot which is only available on Fridays. If not then it's either a case of going to this gig and having a crap time or spending £90 on a weekend private job which I sincerely do not want to do, but I really need rid of this. Gig or not, the seemingly indefinite wait that I could otherwise be facing is ... irksome to say the least.

alan nagsworth

Fuck thiiissssss.

Called my GP. They only do ear shit on Mondays for some fucking reason. Someone wanna tell these cunts it's not like "casual Friday" or "leg day" or any shit like that. Every day's fucking ear day. Everyone who has an ear problem that can be fixed should be able to attempt to schedule that fix in for any goddamn day of the working week. They took a cup full of my turd to fix the stomach problem and I've not had my results a month or so down the line even though my problem resolved itself but STILL. You fucking OWE ME THIS. I used a table knife to break out chunks of my stool from the toilet bowl for you. SUCK THE DIRT OUT OF MY EAR OR FUCK OFF FOREVER.

Anyway I have no other option now except waiting about indefinitely and not hearing a goddamn thing so I went private. £60, 11:30 tomorrow morning all my problems will be over, all of them, the years of depression and anxiety, the credit card debt, the constant struggle I face trying to even be an active artist let alone a successful one. Ear guy is gonna fix the fucking LOT.

I swear this is such a wretched fuck of a problem to have faced this week. One ear being way clearer than the other (though still pretty shagged) is totally disorientating. I was stood waiting for one of three lift doors to open earlier and I could not tell which one dinged to signal its arrival, genuinely confusing. I thought it was number 3 but it was number 1 for fucks sake. Eating crisps watching a film yesterday and all I could hear was crunching. If more than two people talk it's like a fucking Ornette Coleman solo or some shit inside my head. Not to mention how sullen and short-fused and totally fed up it's made me feel as a result. Fucking bizarre.

Tomorrow I'm being a total melt and going to a wanky listening party for the new Bon Iver album and I'm gonna have the cleanest ears in the fucking room hearing fidelity those other WAXEN PLEBS could only DREAM OF. Cannot fucking wait.

H-O-W-L

Don't have many words to express it but trust me when I say I share your pain. Only just got free of an aaaaawful blockage myself and it literally ruined everything because it became an easy way for me to anxiety-spiral.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 11, 2019, 08:53:07 PM
Don't have many words to express it but trust me when I say I share your pain. Only just got free of an aaaaawful blockage myself and it literally ruined everything because it became an easy way for me to anxiety-spiral.

we're in this together friend

NoSleep

You might want to consider purchasing some earplugs for upcoming gigs, the ones specially designed for music that just reduce the volume rather than muffle everything. Aside from protecting your ears for posterity it may cushion the shock of exposing your fresh ears to an audio onslaught they haven't directly experienced before, at least in a number of years.

Elacin ER-20

NoSleep

When I was working a lot in commercial recording studios my ears sealed up a number of times in protest to the continuous exposure to loud music (not my choice, but some customers were unrelenting). Rest would always be the cure for this. My brother (who works in studios in Germany) tells me some recording engineers there would take their holidays in log cabins far away from noise of any kind.

alan nagsworth

Ah yeah, I have a pair of plugs for gigs already! They sort me right out. I was at a gig a few months back and suddenly it felt like something was poking my right ear drum and it hurt so that night I ordered some. Solid decision, everyone should be wearing them.

I got my wax sucked out today and am extremely happy about it.