Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:37:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fanatic (Fred Durst made a film)

Started by worldsgreatestsinner, July 26, 2019, 08:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Yup, it's like that. What other haircut would an autistic have, if you're Fred Durst?

Forgot to mention an extended bit where the "douchey actor" plays Limp Bizkit for his son, apropos of fuckall. Felt like Durst's attempt at a kind of Lars Von Trier "fuck you, critics!", but it came off more sad and weird than anything else.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Cheers. I'll probably catch it on Amazon Prime UK, or YouTube if somebody does that thing where they invert the video 180 degrees and nobody cares enough to get it taken down.

dissolute ocelot

It's impressive that with this and Gotti (2018), John Travolta has been in what some critics have called the worst film of the year 2 years running. What's next for him? A Battlefield Earth sequel? Swordfish 2? Something else in a dress?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on December 11, 2019, 04:00:34 PM
It's impressive that with this and Gotti (2018), John Travolta has been in what some critics have called the worst film of the year 2 years running. What's next for him? A Battlefield Earth sequel? Swordfish 2? Something else in a dress?
I sort of admire his willingness to do whatever the hell he wants. He could, one presumes, keep quiet for 6 months or so, then get a friendly director or studio to cast him as the third-billed guy in some mega-budget movie and spend the rest of his career as the beloved character actor / occasional star of big-budget movies. But he's out there with Nicholas Cage, appearing in pretty much anything.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Like a lot of people I assumed that after Tarantino gave his career a much needed shot in the arm with his role in Pulp Fiction, that Travolta would have a bit of a renaissance and start appearing in slightly better films, after years of doing Look Who's Talking sequels, but no, after Pulp he went back to doing absolute guff. I mean, is Battlefield Earth really the sort of thing you'd consider if you were of sound mind?

The only thing I like about Travolta is an interview I read with Badly Drawn Boy years ago in the NME. One of BDB's mates saw him walking through departures at Heathrow, and shouted out, "Oi John, do that walk you do at the start of Saturday Night Fever" and Travolta, without skipping a beat, launched into that sort of strut thing he does in the film.

bgmnts

I watched Gotti in its entirety and don't regret it..

Noodle Lizard

Get Shorty was alright, but yeah it was pretty bad after that. Michael and Phenomenon are two of my favorite crap 90s movies, especially the former, and Face/Off hasn't aged well at all - curiously, Travolta and Cage's 90s careers followed a similar trajectory, and they've ended up in somewhat similar positions now (though I think Cage has a bit more clout overall).

Then again Travolta was in that OJ series which was pretty highly-praised. I'm still not sure if I think his performance in that was good or bad though.

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on December 11, 2019, 07:10:25 PM
Get Shorty was alright, but yeah it was pretty bad after that. Michael and Phenomenon are two of my favorite crap 90s movies, especially the former, and Face/Off hasn't aged well at all - curiously, Travolta and Cage's 90s careers followed a similar trajectory, and they've ended up in somewhat similar positions now (though I think Cage has a bit more clout overall).

I think Cage has made a wise move with going back into hipstery cult stuff like Mandy and that Colour Out Of Space. He's even supposed to be in a Sion Sono film soon. Maybe Travolta should do something similar.

Dewt

Did somebody really play Limp Bizkit in this film? Amazing

Icehaven

I will watch this, for some reason, and immediately regret doing so.

Also love some of the comments;

QuoteImagine if someone would've told you back in 1999 that you'd watch a horror movie trailer in 2019 for a movie directed by Limp Bizkit's frontman starring John Travolta lol

lol indeed.