Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:53:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Underneath the Stars Festival this weekend

Started by Puce Moment, July 27, 2019, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puce Moment

Anyone going?

Billy Bragg, Unthanks, Kate Rusby etc. A folky, uncorporate festival with tons of acoustic performances and a very relaxed atmos. Hot free showers and clean places for poos and wees

I haven't been to a festival since 1998.

https://underthestarsfest.co.uk/

imitationleather

Be sure to take your own drugs along. Since the darknet dealers don't bother turning up anymore. :(

Puce Moment

Trying to work out if the lack of Cabbers at this fest is a good or bad thing. Going to go with the former for now.

I mean, guys - an audience with Ruth Jones?

pancreas

Can't go, but I note it's one of Rusby's songs, and would be right up my alley. I really like some of her stuff, particularly The Girl Who Couldn't Fly, which is essentially perfect. Unfortunately her voice isn't what it used to be. Still writes the odd corker, though.

Puce Moment

Quote from: pancreas on July 30, 2019, 06:21:02 PMCan't go, but I note it's one of Rusby's songs, and would be right up my alley. I really like some of her stuff, particularly The Girl Who Couldn't Fly, which is essentially perfect. Unfortunately her voice isn't what it used to be. Still writes the odd corker, though.

I've seen her live a few times - the last was April this year and I have to say that I have not noticed any issues with her voice. She has altered or softened her cadence from that very folky sound that people seem to acquire when singing folk (the Unthanks and Eliza Carthy have done much the same in my opinion).

The Festival is actually organised by Rusby and her family.