Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:52:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Campaign for the Labour Party.

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 28, 2019, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 15, 2019, 01:16:37 PM

Is there any kind of organising for driving people to the polling station/helping campaigners get around that is usual?

Should be through the Labour site. Alternatively, go flypostering? Print a load of these off and grab some sellotape, wallpaper paste, staple gun...

https://twitter.com/jakegrxz/status/1194666898484539392

https://twitter.com/LabourDesign/status/1194254693205233664

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 15, 2019, 10:19:55 PM
Should be through the Labour site. Alternatively, go flypostering? Print a load of these off and grab some sellotape, wallpaper paste, staple gun...

This. Do. It.

pancreas

We're making beer mats for a Wetherspoons blitz

Schmo Diddley

Went door knocking (Stockport) this morning for the first time. Very close to bottling it on a few occasions but went through with it and glad I did.

Quite a few saying they'd vote Labour, a few undecideds and no-one saying no or being rude to me, although there were a couple for the others.

A couple saying they couldn't vote for Corbyn, one referencing anti-semitism being why he was undecided (although left leaning and probably going to vote labour), one woman saying she worked in the NHS and couldn't vote labour because Corbyn was going to break up GlaxoSmithClyne to make his own drugs. What the fuck!

But overall it went well and found it enjoyable. But we have a 14k majority there so it's a safe seat.

pancreas

I did Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland.

Conservative 23,643, Labour 22,623, Liberal Democrat 1,354.

LDs should stand down, but of course they won't.

I think we can do it. This time we'll be much better organised. 2017 Blenkinsop stood down and nicked all the data so the whole thing was in chaos and the GTVO campaign was basically fucked.

pancreas

Quote from: Schmo Diddley on November 16, 2019, 06:27:59 PM
But overall it went well and found it enjoyable. But we have a 14k majority there so it's a safe seat.

When you feel you're ready, you need to get yourself to Altrincham and Sale.

https://www.mycampaignmap.com/constituency/E14000532

That's got an outside chance of going red, I would think.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: pancreas on November 15, 2019, 11:12:50 PM
We're making beer mats for a Wetherspoons blitz

Are they NorthEast specific? If not, can I buy some for down here?

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Schmo Diddley on November 16, 2019, 06:27:59 PM
Went door knocking (Stockport) this morning for the first time. Very close to bottling it on a few occasions but went through with it and glad I did.

Quite a few saying they'd vote Labour, a few undecideds and no-one saying no or being rude to me, although there were a couple for the others.

A couple saying they couldn't vote for Corbyn, one referencing anti-semitism being why he was undecided (although left leaning and probably going to vote labour), one woman saying she worked in the NHS and couldn't vote labour because Corbyn was going to break up GlaxoSmithClyne to make his own drugs. What the fuck!

I love the Stockport candidate. Saw him speak at a Momentum event and he seemed like such a decent guy.

I was encouraged by today's turnout for canvassing. Also, seemed to be getting a lot more positive responses than in the past, with lots asking for posters. Even the old National Front candidate held off the abuse.

pancreas

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 16, 2019, 08:13:07 PM
Are they NorthEast specific? If not, can I buy some for down here?

Well, one of them was going to be but maybe we'll design two.

Schmo Diddley

Quote from: pancreas on November 16, 2019, 06:41:53 PM
When you feel you're ready, you need to get yourself to Altrincham and Sale.

https://www.mycampaignmap.com/constituency/E14000532

That's got an outside chance of going red, I would think.

Interesting, I work at Altrincham and it's full of Tory cunts. Will definitely help out there, maybe next Sunday (not got a lot of free time with a 2 week old girl and working full time).

idunnosomename

It's Southport we might finally win round here. And Blackpool North and Cleveleys. Would be happy to go down Manc way. Wish I knew optimum way to make myself useful tbh

beanheadmcginty

Converted my dad into a Labour voter earlier. He was under the impression that Corbyn had no plan for a second referendum. I explained that was bollocks and he couldn't really explain why that's what he thought (he reads no newspapers but spends his spare time on twitter trying to stop people being religious). He then questioned the recent broadband announcement and I pointed out his broadband was shite and he agreed it was affecting his twitter work. Then he said that when he worked for BT (or GPO as it was called) in the 60s and 70s as phone engineers all him and his mates did at lunchtime was get drunk and play tennis. How would anything get done? I then instantly replied "what do you think the bosses of BT do these days at lunchtime?" and a light bulb went off in his head and he was fully converted. Job done.

pancreas

Nice.

In other news, the dialogue app is back up and running and you can use it during normal canvassing hours tomorrow. It calls you then the app connects you to people and you can phone-canvass them while on the shitter.

djtrees

Where can you download the dialogue app? I'm in a totally labour constituency, but am thinking about trying to do something to help. I'm a labour member, and a win feels almost within touching distance. I want to help get there. I know there is some good advice on this thread, so cheers everyone.

Buelligan

Yep, I just wanted to say how hugely I admire you all for pitching in, giving up your free (and cosy) time, to do this work for all of us.  I'm not joking when I say it's heroic.  You are heroic, please don't stop though!

pancreas

Quote from: djtrees on November 17, 2019, 05:25:45 PM
Where can you download the dialogue app? I'm in a totally labour constituency, but am thinking about trying to do something to help. I'm a labour member, and a win feels almost within touching distance. I want to help get there. I know there is some good advice on this thread, so cheers everyone.

It's not an app per se. It's a website. dialogue.labour.org.uk. It will walk you through. First few calls will be a struggle, but you'll quickly get your patter up to scratch. Start with your own constituency and skip until you get Labour to pick up some confidence. Then hit the marginals.

garbed_attic

Some of you might find this list of printable facts about Corbyn and the IRA useful:
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1196126254711418882/photo/1

Keep up the good work!

Schmo Diddley

Momentum also use an app called Slack to mobilise support. Can't quite remember how I got it but you need to be invited - request through their Facebook page or something and they'll send you the link.

Through that you can text people, phone people, 'research' rival candidates, data input and video splicing. They've got tutorials on what to do and then you can opt in to do whichever task you'd like.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: gout_pony on November 17, 2019, 06:33:07 PM
Some of you might find this list of printable facts about Corbyn and the IRA useful:
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1196126254711418882/photo/1

Tory Fibs is fucking brilliant... Essential resources. Thanks.

Pie Pie Eater

Not sure this will have any impact at all, but y'know, might be a nudge for the odd person:

I changed my home wifi network's name to VoteLabourForFreeBroadband so that people connecting nearby will see it in the list of networks. Might want to change it to something like *VoteLabourForFreeBroadband* actually if * characters are allowed. Also I changed my phone's name to VoteLabourForFreeBroadband and have set up a personal hotspot so that people connecting to wifi in a cafe or whatever when I'm nearby might see it.

Dex Sawash

Pie Pie Eater

Heh, well then I'd have to *actually* share my internet connection with anyone who wanted to wouldn't I?

kitsofan34

Just door knocked with a cast member of "Benidorm". Beat that.

idunnosomename

i mean i suspect any of our labour candidates are higher up the celeb rank than that

madhair60

Got a labour voting mate who's very "tories are gonna get in, doom and gloom, just being realistic", any advice on how to make him pack that shit in? cheers

pancreas

Quote from: madhair60 on November 21, 2019, 01:32:44 PM
Got a labour voting mate who's very "tories are gonna get in, doom and gloom, just being realistic", any advice on how to make him pack that shit in? cheers

Is it Paul Calf? Tell him to shut his cunt mouth.

madhair60

it isn't but i will try it anyway.

edit: hes crying

Buelligan

Will they be voting Labour?

Quote from: pancreas on November 21, 2019, 01:58:18 PM
Is it Paul Calf? Tell him to shut his cunt mouth.

This made me laugh.  Thank you.

kittens

sitting about on my arse saying i'll definitely do canvassing, i must do it, and not doing it. stupid boy. i'm away this weekend but i'll do it sunday afternoon when i'm back, mark my fucking words.