Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Campaign for the Labour Party.

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 28, 2019, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

i almost do want to just say he fully represents the will of the party membership ie, us, diversely aged people on your doorstep but fuckit, he probably wont vote. which is better than tory

Twit 2

"Yeah well they would say that wouldn't they."

idunnosomename

this load of poo has popped up on the bbc front page under the chief rabbi stuff without proper updates

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45030552

if you live in london please pop down to marylebone and take a big fat dump outside broadcasting house

garbed_attic

While I think there is anti-Semitism within Labour Party rank and file... I'm not convinced that it doesn't exist even more virulently within the Tory Party. I am also not inclined to be convinced out of supporting Labour by Rabbi Mirvis, having read this interview:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/gaza/11033513/Chief-Rabbi-Israel-would-not-survive-without-weapons.html?mobile=basic

QuoteChief Rabbi Mirvis said that while criticising Israeli policy did not constitute anti-semitism, it did "create a context within which anti-semitism can thrive".
And he insisted that without its military Israel would not be able to survive as a nation.
"During this war it has been a truism that if Hamas would lay down its weapons, there would be peace," he said.
"If Israel would lay down its weapons, there would be no Israel.
"Israel has faced a direct, unmasked attempt to destroy Israeli life with some three and a half thousand missiles being fired purposefully at population centres.
"The Israeli government has understandably and justifiably defended her citizens.
"When it comes to proportionality, thanks to the Iron Dome we haven't seen tens of thousands of casualties in Israel."
But he had to be asked twice before condemning the remarks made by comedian Joan Rivers who suggested the Palestinian victims deserved to be dead.

https://twitter.com/tomedwardsbbchw/status/1199009976305496066

BREAKING: A
@UKLabour
activist has been attacked in Herefordshire while on the #GeneralElection2019 campaign trail. The victim, a woman in her 70s, was thrown onto a car bonnet in Bromyard and left with bruising and suspected broken ribs. More details right now on
@bbchw

Meanwhile what happens when the government and right wing parties use violent language against Corbyn and Labour...

pancreas

idunnosomename

Nutcases. Do remember to speak up on keeping canvassing groups together and everyone in sight.

Buelligan

Great little film here from Paul Mason on DoubleDown News talking about tory lies, what we can expect from the media, campaigning and the future for us all.  Five minutes well spent IMO.

idunnosomename

Went a-canvassing to assuage some of this shit. Didn't come up once. Some polite old Tories who still took the MP newsletter and so enthusiastic Labour voters. All this stuff doesn't make that much difference outside the Twittersphere

pancreas

Good day in Bishop Auckland for me today, possible since we're all on strike atm. I managed to get someone to put up a poster, so the candidate offered me a kiss as a prize, which I impolitely declined. She's a bit haughty, which sometimes works on people and sometimes doesn't. Stupid bint actually slagged off Corbyn in a letter replying to one almost certainly sent by the opposition—ended up on Twitter. Eurgh. Needs all the help she can get really, because she seems to have alienated much of the local help, but hopefully we'll be able to defend it. At least she upgraded the leaflets, after everyone complained about the cards she was using. Perhaps it got back to her that I had referred to them as fucking dogshit in the WhatsApp chat.

Pie Pie Eater

Not much to report lately in Edinburgh, except that it's fucking difficult to get into tenements sometimes. I've made a lot of progress with people I know this week. Put a post on Facebook about my campaigning and got two PMs from people who were previously soft Labour but wavering - think we have their votes. One largely on just hearing someone be unmitigatedly enthusiastic about Corbyn. Got a vegan at work by mentioning the animal welfare manifesto. Also have a couple of people interested after seeing them post about politics and PMing them. I think the latter is a good way of breaking the ice in terms of political discussion - "I see you posted X, just wondering if you're planning to vote Y because of that?"

Twit 2

I told a woman at work (who is 18) and had no opinion on politics that she had to vote, that she's not allowed to vote Tory because she works in the public sector and that women died for her right to vote.

I know that makes me a paternalistic mansplaining wanker but that's one more vote in the bag guys! (I didn't go as far as telling her to vote Labour but I briefly explained their policies whilst also explaining the Lib Dems are cunts.)

holyzombiejesus

Just tell her about the 5% payrise for public sector workers in the manifesto.

colacentral

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on November 26, 2019, 11:44:04 PM
Not much to report lately in Edinburgh, except that it's fucking difficult to get into tenements sometimes. I've made a lot of progress with people I know this week. Put a post on Facebook about my campaigning and got two PMs from people who were previously soft Labour but wavering - think we have their votes. One largely on just hearing someone be unmitigatedly enthusiastic about Corbyn. Got a vegan at work by mentioning the animal welfare manifesto. Also have a couple of people interested after seeing them post about politics and PMing them. I think the latter is a good way of breaking the ice in terms of political discussion - "I see you posted X, just wondering if you're planning to vote Y because of that?"

I've said it before but that animal manifesto really does need pushing, as it has nothing to do with class and will resonate with even the very wealthy. Fox hunting was a major factor against Theresa May last time. Any dog lovers, vegetarians etc can be got at with it.

Paul Calf

I'm seeing a lot of people spend a lot of time finding reasons that we can't afford to employ more nurses, work a four-day week, nationalise public utilities or raise the minimum wage. And these are people who are notionally in favour of these things, and would benefit from them.

One guy who I know from school spent hundreds of words doing this and when I suggested that he join the Labour Party and use all this effort to help work out how to do it, said "I'd have hoped that would have been sorted out."

What concerns me is that the last couple of decades of political apathy might just have been people waiting to be told what to do.

Buelligan

Or people, not all people but some people, actually believing that people in general including themselves, deserve to live poorly, to have a shit time, to struggle, because it's no more than they deserve. 

Like when people sneer and spit back the accusation that you're being utopian, as if people shouldn't dream of and work towards, believe in, a world where people don't have to live and die on the streets or feed their kids from foodbanks or sink into debt until they give up fighting.

We have to change this.  We have to resist and erase this mindset.  Everyone deserves heaven.

ZoyzaSorris

Just went a bit mad yesterday drunk on hope getting a sudden feeling we can do this and chucked 20 quid to Momentum, 20 quid to Labour, bought some posters that I'm gonna try and get people to put up and a little Corbyn/Labour pin badge I'm going to wear until Election day (and one of those hemp Corbyn T shirts which give a donation to Momentum). Spent about 80 quid! Worth it. I feel like it's time to start showing proud public support in the face of this unhinged blanket establishment assault.

BlodwynPig

"Hello sir, I'm wondering if you have registered to vote"

"Yeh. But I'm not voting for the Marxist scum, Corbyns"

"Could I ask why?"

"He's an anti-jew and will not press the red button and will tax me all my earnings"

"You sound like a man who doesn't like to be told what to think?"

"DAMN FOOOKING RIGHT... I LISTEN TO NOBODY"

"Who will you be voting for?"

"Joris Bohnston, GET BREXIT DONE...now fuck off my property you scruffy lentil eater"

Buelligan

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on November 27, 2019, 09:24:36 AM
Just went a bit mad yesterday drunk on hope getting a sudden feeling we can do this and chucked 20 quid to Momentum, 20 quid to Labour, bought some posters that I'm gonna try and get people to put up and a little Corbyn/Labour pin badge I'm going to wear until Election day (and one of those hemp Corbyn T shirts which give a donation to Momentum). Spent about 80 quid! Worth it. I feel like it's time to start showing proud public support in the face of this unhinged blanket establishment assault.

Well done Zoyza.  Get on those doors.

holyzombiejesus

I saved up during the summer and in September bought myself a lovely new coat. Gore-tex, sealed seams, all that kind of stuff. Bright fucking blue. Every 'team photo' that they take at canvassing events, I'm there looking like some loitering tory. I've been edited out of the one taken with McDonnell yesterday. It's my wife's fault; she said if I got a red coat then my complexion would look even ruddier.

Looks like the Labour Party Graphic Designers @LabourDesign have got all their posters and stickers up in free printable formats. Anyone know how much/ where to get stickers printed?

tinyurl.com/LABGD

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 27, 2019, 09:29:32 AM
"Hello sir, I'm wondering if you have registered to vote"

"Yeh. But I'm not voting for the Marxist scum, Corbyns"

"Could I ask why?"

"He's an anti-jew and will not press the red button and will tax me all my earnings"

"You sound like a man who doesn't like to be told what to think?"

"DAMN FOOOKING RIGHT... I LISTEN TO NOBODY"

"Who will you be voting for?"

"Joris Bohnston, GET BREXIT DONE...now fuck off my property you scruffy lentil eater"

Reality worse than fiction:

'Corbyn's gonna open all the borders and let in all them immigrants what are raping all wor kids!'

Blinder Data

Picture of seats tipped to go to the Tories by the MRP model last night: https://mobile.twitter.com/YouGov/status/1199821561773068289/photo/1

If anyone lives near these you know what you need to do

colacentral

The biggest margin on there is Barrow and Furness - no surprise as their Labour MP is John Woodcunt.

idunnosomename

Not anymore. He's not even standing as an independent either

colacentral

I mean it's no surprise when he's been their Labour representative up until now - being a sex pest and a cunt, and slating Corbyn every chance he gets. The image of Labour there will be atrocious.

idunnosomename

It's also because lily-livered Crobbins wont fire nukes so whats the point of us making them?!?

holyzombiejesus

What are thoughts on stickers? On the verge of getting a few hundred (maybe 50 of 8 different designs) printed up to stick on lamposts, the train and bus stops etc but am concerned that it may backfire and get considered graffiti? Is there any evidence of what kind of postering/ stickers/ campaign stuff like that is most effective?