Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:21:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Campaign for the Labour Party.

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 28, 2019, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Quote from: kitsofan34 on December 02, 2019, 10:31:19 PM
What are the ethics for the official campaign if I get involved in distributing these kinds of things, do you think?

https://twitter.com/darren_cullen/status/1201585383097720837

https://twitter.com/darren_cullen/status/1201612688746590209

Think it's fine if it's not promoting a particular party linked to a particular party. IIUC.

peanutbutter

Just gave a guy some money to help cover his train tickets for canvassing in a marginal, anyone here doing that or would do so if train prices weren't ridiculous?

pancreas

8 days to save the world.

Was knocking in Spennymoor and postie delivered a letter from that curb Austin urging everyone not to put Corbyn in power. Fucking cunt.

Harry Badger

Managed to get my Trump-voting (dual citizenship), Farage-admiring Brexit-voting friend to vote Labour in a crucial Tory-held marginal.

It does help that the sitting MP is Alun Cairns who she has met and described as 'a midget and a cunt'.

imitationleather

Quote from: pancreas on December 03, 2019, 02:58:19 PM
Was knocking in Spennymoor and postie delivered a letter from that curb Austin urging everyone not to put Corbyn in power. Fucking cunt.

Is his anti-Corbyn campaign being funded by the Tories or something?

Ian Austin must be one of the worst human beings.

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on December 03, 2019, 07:29:51 PM
Is his anti-Corbyn campaign being funded by the Tories or something?

Ian Austin must be one of the worst human beings.
i got that letter today. look at the small print at the bottom. it's a CCHQ communication, paid for by the party and sent from their office to basically everyone on the voters' register. on canvassing today, some guy I knocked up, enthusiastic labour voter, asked me about what the fuck it was and who he was. I told him and performatively popped it into his wheely bin.

Note it doesn't say vote tactically or anything. It says vote conservative and Johnson.

imitationleather

Wow. So it actually is funded by them!

Definitely one of the worst human beings.

idunnosomename

it's basically a tory mail-out that he's endorsed and presumably sent out to labour-leave constituencies to try and grab a few votes. he is a fucking awful narcissistic thug. only john woodcock rivals him I think

Leo2112

Austin and Woodcock were both political aides to Gordon Brown.  With staff like that no wonder he fucked it up.

idunnosomename

i wonder how "some kind of bigoted woman" on a hot mic would go down for legend bozza

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 30, 2019, 10:24:46 PM
Went to that Market Research thing today. Turns it was organised by The Times...

The articles have started being published online now and as I suspected, they bear little resemblance to what I saw (although I was only in one of the 6 or 7 groups). There were definitely some very postivie things said about Corbyn but these are all but ignored, or given a begrudging mention then brushed aside.

Look at this load of bollocks:

QuoteMr Corbyn did not emerge well either when voters were asked to describe him in a word what animal best epitomised him: "weasel", "hyena", "wet lettuce", "arrogant", "sheep", "out of touch" (OK, that's three words).

Famous animals like the wet lettuce and the out of touch, there.

QuoteHe was also described as being like a panda "falling out of a tree and not really knowing what he is doing" or, as Wayne, 54, from Halesowen in the West Midlands, wryly remarked: "Wasn't he in Steptoe and Son?"

How wry.

The Mr. Received Wisdom cunt is quoted ta length, unsurprisingly.

QuoteBernie speaks for many when he spells out the agonising decision ahead. Mr Corbyn "cares but his manifesto doesn't add up, his tax plans would damage the economy" he says "and when 85 per cent of the Jewish community say he's an antisemite I think we are compelled to listen. As for Boris it's just untruth after untruth. He seems to think we are idiots."

"I'm still toying with the idea of voting Lib Dem [but] they've wasted an opportunity,'' he says citing Jo Swinson's promise to revoke Brexit. "They thought they could be the arch-remainers but they have become remain extremists. For me, I was politically homeless because Labour have gone miles to the left and Tories have gone miles to the right. I just wanted someone to be sensible, reasonable and pragmatic."

Absolute fucking wanker.

As an aside, I'm on this. Shittest game of Guess Who ever. Mr Received Wisdom is up in the far right corner in his boring fucking grey polo shirt.

greencalx

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 04, 2019, 10:39:03 AM
The articles have started being published online now and as I suspected, they bear little resemblance to what I saw (although I was only in one of the 6 or 7 groups). There were definitely some very postivie things said about Corbyn but these are all but ignored, or given a begrudging mention then brushed aside.

That's really interesting. Maybe tip off someone like the Novara media crew?

Jerzy Bondov

Chollis

why are so many of them not looking at the camera? have some fucking respect

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on December 04, 2019, 10:43:16 AM
You are bottom row, third from the right, and I claim my five pounds

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrong.

Quote from: Chollis on December 04, 2019, 10:50:36 AM
why are so many of them not looking at the camera? have some fucking respect

We all had 5 photos taken; looking at the camera, up, down, to the left and to the right.

Pie Pie Eater

Sin Agog

You guys are crap at Guess Who? You haven't even eliminated the ones with blue hair yet.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on December 04, 2019, 11:24:02 AM
Middle row fifth from right?

He was the softly spoken Irish man. He was a cunt too. Loudly dismissed any comments that Corbyn contributed to the peace process in Ireland. He lives in Keighley though so he's already got his comeuppance.

jobotic

holyzombiejesus

Beardy baldy? No. Had no dealings with him.

Neville Chamberlain

Neville Chamberlain

Sin Agog

I believe HZJ was an indie kid back in the '80s, but I can't make out any rain macs in those pictures.

SteveDave

Dex Sawash

Absorb the anus burn

Conversely Crimewatch UK has got a lot better.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: Sin Agog on December 04, 2019, 01:20:25 PM
I believe HZJ was an indie kid back in the '80s...

1st on the left, 5th row down?

Every single CaB user is 1. Glasses, 2. Suspicious hairline, 3. Old but not old, 4. White man

Third row from bottom, second from right

QED