Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:51:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Campaign for the Labour Party.

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 28, 2019, 06:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pie Pie Eater

Quote from: HasNothingToSay on December 09, 2019, 11:06:11 PM
can anybody with more info tell me whether or not they need it and if so whether they'll be able to mobilise it in time? already given them some and don't just want to shovel in more money if it's not going to be useful

I guess you could buy someone's coach ticket to a marginal on Thursday, although I don't know how you might find such a person

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Pie Pie Eater on December 09, 2019, 11:20:02 PM

Does anyone know what the latest time is that it is deemed socially acceptable to do Dialogue app / phonebanking? I was a bit reluctant to do some this evening as I was only free at about 8:30pm.

I think it's around 20:15. Dialogue won't let you make any calls after that. I'm going to have to go delivering leaflets and letters until about 10pm on Wednesday night. Got loads of posters to put up round town too but may have to bin them now as won't get chance. My big 'Vote LibDem, Get Tory' one is still up in the train station although al the policy ones round town have been ripped down. Got my wife to go door knocking with me to get the vote out on Thursday which will be weird.

pancreas

Gecko is coming to GTVO on Thurs. We can't decide between BA and MSEC. There's going to be 50 or so going to BA from Newcastle.

holyzombiejesus

Remember when Stella Creasy called Momentum "absolute melts"? Just looking at that Momentum coach ticket page. Fucking brilliant. Is this the biggest mobilisation of grassroots campaigners ever?

idunnosomename

well hopefully she's changed her mind on that. but fuck me 80% labour she aint gonna lose that seat

idunnosomename

You can coach over to us in Blackpool South whoo!
I told a non-voter on the door today that the conservative candidate was "really nasty" which was probably a bit much but also I could have said he was an utter cunt. which is true

Leo2112

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 09, 2019, 11:25:45 PM
the momentum coach tickets hardly break the bank

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/momentum2

Brilliant site that, push it wide on yer social medias everyone.

Mr_Simnock

Been fantastic to read about all you lot who have been out and about canvasing and putting yourself out there for an amazing cause, really has been the highlight of CaB for me for some years.

holyzombiejesus

So, after about 5 weeks of rude dickheads and obnoxious wankers, I lost it with someone tonight. Ironically, it wasn't even on the doorstep. I'd been out posting some addressed letters to various constituents and stopped by the station to sellotape up 3 posters in the shelter. A man walking past with his dog started shouting that I was flyposting and that he was going to call the police. I told him that I was just using sellotape and they'd come down on Thursday after 10 but he carried on, ranting about how I was breaking the law and that he wanted my name so he could call the police and that I would find myself in court. I laughed and asked 'are you for real?' and he got dead angry and started running towards me with an angry look on his face. I stood my ground and asked what he thought he was doing and he started pecking my head again about me breaking the law. It was pissing down with rain, I was missing my little boy's bathtime and I'd just had enough so I turned round and said 'you know what, go fuck yourself' and walked off. I could hear him yelling at me but I just walked home. Guess that's a vote we won't be getting. I wish I'd followed him home and flyposted his windows but I guess that would have got the party in to trouble. Hope I've not caused anyone any trouble but for fucks sake a man can only take too much. On Sunday a man said that I had caused the financial crash and that I was lying about the United Nations report in to child poverty in this country.

Absorb the anus burn

Big fucking hug holyzombiejesus... Fuck that cunt.

holyzombiejesus

It's a bit bad because I live in quite a small village and this happened quite close to my house so I guess I could bump into him when out with my little boy but I'll probably just deny all knowledge. Ah, just realised I had my hood up anyway. Would love to superglue Labour fliers all over his windows and car tonight though. I think he lives down this really annoying lane where almost every house has a plaque outside saying "Thank you for allowing me to park outside my own house".

jobotic

Yeah great work HZJ. And all of you.

Feel like I've done fuck all apart from shit my pants.

Zetetic

Rizla

Fuck that, HZJ. Put it about that he's a paedo.

honeychile

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on December 10, 2019, 09:36:00 PMOn Sunday a man said that I had caused the financial crash and that I was lying about the United Nations report in to child poverty in this country.

I've only been leafletting, not canvassing, but even so a bloke stopped me at his doorstep on Saturday to have a rant about Corbyn being a communist-terrorist-sympathiser-threat-to-our-security-economy-crasher. He mentioned the Liam Bynre "there's no money letter". I told him that was a joke. He said "no it wasn't". I said "yes, google it, it was."

He said the last Labour government spent far too much money and got us into loads of debt. I said that although i was no fan of Blair or Brown (putting it mildly), our debt was actually lower on the eve of the financial crash than it was in 1997. "No it wasn't." "Yes, it was, look it up." "The debt was unsustainable." "Actually, it was pretty low by historical standards and compared to other developed nations."

Best bit was when he called Corbyn a terrorist sympathiser. In what way, i asked? "He supports terrorism." "What terrorists does he support?!" "... you name it." "No, you name it!" At this point he went "right!" and turned round and started off, presumably to fucking google whatever he'd half-remembered reading in the tabloids. I spared his blushes and mentioned the IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah and why they were all bollocks.

Kudos to all you canvassers.

colacentral

Important to remember that there's no telling these lemming cunts so don't let it bother you. We know that 4 in 10 people vote Tory, and they're the loudest and thickest cunts society has to offer, so you are statistically likely to meet these people on a regular basis, wherever you are. The "silent majority" are the people who don't vote for them.

ZoyzaSorris

Absolutely monstrous respect to all the canvassers. I've had to restrict my activities thus far to home based ones and contributing a fair bit of cash (if you can spare any there is still time) but if we do save the country it will be because of you brave armies of door knockers. Hoping to do what I can over next couple of days.

holyzombiejesus

There are definitely votes still out there. Keep squeezing 'till the votes run down my leg.

Buelligan

And now it's time to listen to The Lemon Song.  Smashing bit of fingering there.

idunnosomename

Robert Plant should get his knob looked at if it's yellow and ovoid

Buelligan

I BET HE WOULD THE DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS. I BET HE FUCKING WOULD.

pancreas

holyzombiejesus

We had homemade gluten free leek, cheese and rice bake and egg, spinach and homemade mayo sandwiches at ours. Having said that, our campaign centre is an old lady's house and someone broke the toilet shortly before we arrived at 10am so yours might still be a nice place over the next few hours. Managed to turn a 'not going to vote' to Labour in my last few minutes. It's been pissing it down which is a bit annoying at the best of times but the boards are turning to papier mache :(

Got some lad in an armlock in the queue and he said he'd vote Labour because I said he'd be wearing his elbow on a fuckin pendant for life if he didn't. Another one for the old good guys!

hamfist

My watch reckons I walked 21.1km today knocking on doors in Outwood. That's a half marathon !

Young mums are my heroes - every single one was well up for it. Voting Labour I mean.

pancreas

Quote from: The Boston Crab on December 12, 2019, 05:48:37 PM
Got some lad in an armlock in the queue and he said he'd vote Labour because I said he'd be wearing his elbow on a fuckin pendant for life if he didn't. Another one for the old good guys!

KGP

RRR