Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Veronica Mars Season 4

Started by phantom_power, July 28, 2019, 07:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

For my money, and if you ask me Clive, in my opinion Veronica Mars is the best TV series of its kind, possibly bar Buffy. Therefore I was pretty excited about this new season. The film was alright, if a bit forgettable (I will need to give it another watch to remember what happened) but a full season is just what the VM format needs. The first episode was a pretty good re-introduction to the world, setting up some new characters and a main mystery. It give me high hopes the rest of the season will be good.

Has anyone else seen it? Is it on anywhere in the UK? It is on Hulu in Trumpistan

Is Poundland Xander back? Because he ruined s3 for me.

bgmnts

I was never a big watcher of the show but Kristen Bell does things to me, and that's all I have to say about that.

phantom_power

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on July 28, 2019, 07:38:22 PM
Is Poundland Xander back? Because he ruined s3 for me.

Do you mean Piz? So far, no

phantom_power

It does continue Kirby Howell-Baptiste's seeming take-over of American TV. I think she is pretty great though so it is fine by me. English people in American shows often stick out like a sore thumb (hello Helen Baxendale) but she seems really natural and fits right in.

Mister Six

Aye. I loved her bit about how "British" is not a character in Barry: https://youtu.be/fP_2imr60Z0

Just occurred to me that the "I would never play an Australian" bit might have been a reference to her terrible accent in The Good Place.

phantom_power

She also has the best long sell joke in Barry where her true story is about seeing a horse in the street and then throws away the fact that her mum bjrnt their house down or something

Mister Six

Ah, yeah. That was great. God, Barry is great.

phantom_power

And Veronica Mars Season 4 is great as well. Up to episode 6 now and it really is back in the groove of the original series. Different but the same DNA. I have no idea how the mystery will pan out but I am enjoying the journey.