Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Not as bad as Armando Centrist Knighthood Iannucci, at least.

Thursday

Yeah I don't get that comment at all. Armando's just a bit of a disappointment. Whereas Glinner is beyond just being #cancelled, he's at "I hope he drowns in a puddle of his own piss and vomit"

Twit 2

I could have been taking an exaggerated position for comedic effect.

Urinal Cake

I wonder if Armando got knighted to impress people in the US of A. Plus he was cynical in his capitulation saying it was about good manners or something.
GLinner seems to be sincere in his beliefs and is willing to be on the wrong side of history.

Who would you save if they were both drowning in a river?

Mister Six

I thought Armando said he did it to avoid upsetting his mum?

Even if he did it because he wanted a title, he's still basically a good egg. I'd never let him drown.

Glinner, on the other hand - I'd be trying to skim rocks into his gulping, gaping gob.

Gurke and Hare

I mean, Glinner wouldn't even be a loss to comedy these days would he?

idunnosomename

well no, because you see, he spends all his time on the internet flipping his lid over trans people. iannucci makes films and stuff as well as being a disappointing establishment centrist. that said, david schneider doesn't seem to do much these days except be a cunt on twitter.

Ferris

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 09, 2019, 09:28:21 PM
I mean, Glinner wouldn't even be a loss to comedy these days would he?

These days, or any time since about 1998

mippy

Quote from: Registering to lurk on August 06, 2019, 10:30:30 PM
This thread is probably the best place to put this.

I work for a library. We book a performer for Drag Queen Story Time. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect; sparkly dresses and makeup, and some socially acceptable messages about different people being different.

Naturally this cannot be tolerated.

Tonight, the performer called Mama G sent a tweet asking people to DM him their email address if they wanted a colouring in sheet. Now, we can go back and forward about whether this was a smart thing to do, but what's remarkable is watching the subsequent Twitter pile on. Here come the self described radfems, and gender critical, and moral guardians,  and they've all immediately leapt from drag queen to paedophile. So far no one has tagged in Glinner but it can only be a matter of time.

I don't understand what they think they're doing. The confusion between drag queens and trangendered people and paedophiles reminds me of the attitudes to gay people in the 1970s and 80s. But it also seems like fantasy role playing. It's like they don't really believe drag queen paedos are praying on kids in plain sight but just for a moment they can join a gang , and send a tweet,  and pretend they are the last line of defence and better than those other people who don't care like they do.

I saw this astonishing tweet the other day https://mobile.twitter.com/HUMANBEINGONE/status/1155798045742833669

backdrifter

Knighthood aside where's the Armando the centrist thing come from?

I've followed his twitter for years and the main thing he's talked about (other than his work) is austerity - particularly cuts to disability programs.

I think he's unequivocally stated (on twitter, mind) that he thinks the current iteration of the Labour Party is not worth voting for

DrGreggles

He's joined in with the 'Corbyn is antisemitic' bullshit too.
Essentially Rachel Riley's bitch these days.

Noddy Tomkey

Even Schneider? Even Riley too?!

Had em both in my Dream Team, guess I'm OUT.

It's a vast team.

It's been a weird half decade for sure. It'd be easier to list people who haven't completely nuked their credibility over the last 4 years. I remember when Roger Daltrey came out as a Brexit guy, this is just the sort of shit nobody needed

Thursday

I can't remember the specifics, but after Campbell got himself kicked out of Labour for saying he voted Lib Dems, Iannucci was defending Campbell? Not sure he said anything specifically, might have just retweeted others who did, but it was truly bizarre.

I sort of realised that I'd probably been doing a lot of wishful projection. When it came to what I assumed the beliefs of various comedians are.

phantom_power

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 10, 2019, 12:17:03 AM
He's joined in with the 'Corbyn is antisemitic' bullshit too.
Essentially Rachel Riley's bitch these days.

I think it is possible to believe that some people have genuine concerns and aren't just shilling for the neolib status quo. I think this is more so if you are jewish or have close friends or family who are.

I think if Twitter has taught us anything it is that nobody is ideologically above reproach. In the past we just wouldn't have known about it

gne

It's possible to have wholly genuine concerns about anti-semitism being rife in a party known for its anti-racism, but not about children taking life-altering drugs and chopping off body parts? Welcome to the intellectual comedy hub of CAB v.2019.

Talk about credibility, I'm starting to doubt that Poo is even a real academic.

NoSleep

Quote from: phantom_power on August 10, 2019, 08:51:26 AM
I think it is possible to believe that some people have genuine concerns and aren't just shilling for the neolib status quo. I think this is more so if you are jewish or have close friends or family who are.

I think if Twitter has taught us anything it is that nobody is ideologically above reproach. In the past we just wouldn't have known about it

I would say producing two series about how politics and spin work would suggests he understands the machinations of Westminster and the media far better than most and that anything he says should be viewed in this light. He's no innocent bystander.

Twit 2

Quote from: gne on August 10, 2019, 09:12:22 AM
wholly genuine...intellectual....comedy....credibility...real...

An interesting choice of words coming from a disingenuous, thick as pig shit, disgruntled sock puppet who's forgotten this is a comedy forum and accidentally has an entire posting history of spewing AIDS into controversial political topics. Fuck me.

gne

A comedy forum? Don't make me laugh.

I am a "disingenuous" "thick as pig shit" "mentally ill" "bigoted" "AIDS spewing"  "TERF CUNT" simply for disagreeing with you.

Just the same as anybody else who disagrees with you.

No point in participating in any other threads until I start agreeing with you on something, I can guess the response.

NoSleep

sponk

Quote from: NoSleep on August 10, 2019, 09:43:34 AM
I would say producing two series about how politics and spin work would suggests he understands the machinations of Westminster and the media far better than most and that anything he says should be viewed in this light. He's no innocent bystander.

Is it possible that he has looked at the same evidence and come to a different conclusion to you?

ETA I do disagree with lots of what AI has said, and think he can be a bellend on Twitter, I just don't think he must have a sinister motive or is lying about his views.

Thursday

Quote from: gne on August 10, 2019, 10:38:54 AM
A comedy forum? Don't make me laugh.

I am a "disingenuous" "thick as pig shit" "mentally ill" "bigoted" "AIDS spewing"  "TERF CUNT" simply for disagreeing with you.

Just the same as anybody else who disagrees with you.

No point in participating in any other threads until I start agreeing with you on something, I can guess the response.

"Simply for disagreeing with you"

Lol do they not teach you any other phrases at the troll farm, you cliched twat? Get another line FFS.

Quote from: sponk on August 10, 2019, 10:49:45 AM
Is it possible that he has looked at the same evidence and come to a different conclusion to you?

ETA I do disagree with lots of what AI has said, and think he can be a bellend on Twitter, I just don't think he must have a sinister motive or is lying about his views.

I don't think there was any suggestion that he was? Just that he can't be considered politically ignorant and so is fair game for critique

phantom_power

He is absolutely fair game for criticism. I just don't think everyone who falls for the AS in Labour thing is doing it with an ulterior motive

That's very true, I do agree with that. I think the point being made there is that Iannucci has less of an excuse for falling for it, seeing as he's supposed to know how spin works. He's either daft or so ideologically straightjacketed that he's too eager to buy into something about a party he'd dislike anyway without thinking about it too much. There's no reason to assume that he's acting with malice

NoSleep

It's thoughtlessness from somebody who you would have imagined could think things through.