Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:28:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

It's funny how Katie's Twitter bio still says "Milo's mum" when he is pretty much rock bottom and forgotten now

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 07, 2019, 06:41:56 PM
It's funny how Katie's Twitter bio still says "Milo's mum" when he is pretty much rock bottom and forgotten now

Got your Milos mixed up.

Jockice

Someone's just been on a phone-in on BBC 2 and Five Live asking Jo Swinson what a woman is. TELEVISION EVENT OF THE YEAR! IF NOT THE CENTURY!

Chollis

Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan etc presumably have quite large presence/visibility. I doubt many people besides this thread and some extremely Twitter TERFY types are actually aware of this rabid cunt, which is heartening

Also, we've been saying his wife will leave him for a while now. Is it possible she's a complete shit too?

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Chollis on December 09, 2019, 10:47:55 AM
Also, we've been saying his wife will leave him for a while now. Is it possible she's a complete shit too?
Pretty sure she's been on the record as supporting his principles, such as they are. It's less clear if she approves of his Twitter routine, the intervention of her brother suggests not entirely.

peteprodge

I see Russia has been banned from major sporting events for four years due to doping scandals.

Obviously, this is all thanks to the legitimate sporting concerns that 'gender critical' Twitter users have a proper investigation by sporting authorities rather than some howling morons.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Jockice on December 09, 2019, 09:47:03 AM
Someone's just been on a phone-in on BBC 2 and Five Live asking Jo Swinson what a woman is. TELEVISION EVENT OF THE YEAR! IF NOT THE CENTURY!
well. What is a woman

idunnosomename

Quote from: Jumblegraws on December 09, 2019, 11:04:54 AM
Pretty sure she's been on the record as supporting his principles, such as they are. It's less clear if she approves of his Twitter routine, the intervention of her brother suggests not entirely.
are graham's repeated invocation of the term "gaslighting" suggests hes got some experience in it

Jollity

imitationleather

I know I'm not really supposed to think this because she's not actually a woman, but Lorraine Kelly as Morning Gloria: I would.

trabuch

Edited out. Fear of being misunderstood. I thought it was funny and in good taste, but I'm quite drunk and a bit ranty, so I thought better of it. If I still think it was a good idea tomorrow I'll post it. (I won't - even if I do, because I will have moved on).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on December 05, 2019, 09:05:37 AM
Hang on, is he accusing people of being predatory paedophiles with this 'groomer' stuff? Did he miss the news about Elon Musk?

OK Groomer

Cuellar

Quote from: Jollity on December 09, 2019, 07:11:41 PM
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/12/09/lorraine-kelly-trans-ally-slams-media-debates-trans-equality-ann-widdecombe-esther-mcvey/

Lorraine Kelly is a trans ally now. I wonder if certain people will howl and complain about that.

QuoteKelly absolutely nailed the quiz, getting a near-perfect score after sussing out the terms "doppelbanger", "daddy" and "shade" – and accurately explaining what a "power bottom" is.

Yaasss kween. Would like Lorraine Kelly to sit me down and explain what a power bottom is (I do already know, but don't tell her that!).

DrGreggles

bigfatheart

mippy

Hatchet was the one who banged on and on about the Guardian Blind Date, and when the cis woman told people to stop using her for the terf agenda, refused to stop because 'it's important though'. So she can do one.

Indomitable Spirit

All these sad fucking weirdos turning on each other is so utterly predictable but still absolutely marvellous innit

Cuellar

It's such a tangled nest of vipers, I can't keep track of all this.

Wouldn't an account called @GenderCritical (wow, prime real estate there!) be a fan of Glinner's? Has he finally alienated his own side too?

DrGreggles

Urinal Cake

Jessica Yaniv is being accused of being a nonce. Seems like Linehan will emerge from his protected tweets cave Soon.

idunnosomename

lol he said gnight at 12:47, tweeted again, did a bunch of rts then started tweeting again at 6:27

Hes getting a little chubby from his thread of made-up terf sobstories and conspiracy theories about anime avatars. Pathetic little man

Dogbeard

This MO of blocking anyone who even slightly disagrees with or criticises him is so hilariously childish. I wonder how much it is born of insecurity and how much of sheer pig-headed, arrogant refusal to contemplate any view which clashes with his little crusade.

Reading that back, it feels like it's probably both, with the emphasis on the second one.

phantom_power

https://twitter.com/aniobrien/status/1204704473525805056

If you find Piers Morgan is on your side, wouldn't that make you rethink what side you were on?

idunnosomename

Well this is interesting because here he is backing down and saying he was wrong about someone, just so he can agree with an anti-trans piece on the fash cow site theyve put up

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1204764210040901632?s=19

So I think his hatred of transpeople trumps everything now

Blue Jam

Quote from: Dogbeard on December 11, 2019, 02:57:25 PM
This MO of blocking anyone who even slightly disagrees with or criticises him is so hilariously childish. I wonder how much it is born of insecurity and how much of sheer pig-headed, arrogant refusal to contemplate any view which clashes with his little crusade.

Weird innit? I had a similar thing with the Facebook group "I Believe Her", which was supposed to be about solidarity for rape complainants who are routinely accused of lying for attention or money or whatever. When they approved some bollocks post from a TERF and the page got brigade by TERFs shouting down anyone calling out the bollocks I posted something fairly polite like "Sorry, your original cause was noble but I can't support this", then went to unlike the page and saw they had already done it for me.

I had to laugh- these people are like those MGTOW types who are convinced they can punish women who don't want to sleep with them by refusing to sleep with them, and Boris Johnson saying that if we don't vote Tory we'll get a Labour-SNP coalition and no brexit. Like a parent threatening a small child by telling them "If you don't eat your greens I'm taking you to Disneyland."

He's been nominated as "Dick of the Year" by viewers of The Last Leg (whatever that is). Obviously, he's crowing about it as evidence that he's the only true hero out there SPEAKING THE TRUTH ABOUT TRANNY RAPISTS IN YOUR TOILETS. I don't think I've ever found a public figure quite so loathsome in my life. There's just something about his pomposity and condescension that boils my piss into vapour - the whole "WHY AREN'T YOU ALL AS INFORMED AND HORRIFIED AS ME" shtick, and the @ing those "on his side" (Ben Goldacre, the cabal of obscure academics and acceptable "detransitioners" etc), former pals-turned-nemeses (Jon Ronson, Robin Ince), news folk he wants to amplify his frothing (Snow and Maitlis) and people he clearly just loathes and wants his followers to abuse (that Aiden chap, Alice Roberts and, beginning this week, Jo Swinson). And don't get me started on his fetishisation of Magdalen Berns, which goes well past creepy into full-on skin-suit territory. Not to mention the regular flouncing ("stepping away to let women's voices prevail" before shoving his oar in again some half an hour later).

Jessica Yaniv (as an example) is clearly a damaged, attention-seeking, manipulative and dangerous cunt of some magnitude, but Glinner is deliberately and tirelessly pushing the agenda that she is representative of every trans person, and doing it with genuine venom. I hope he fucking dies horribly. As someone above pointed out, this is really none of his fucking business, yet he has appointed himself the sole source of truth on what is clearly a deeply nuanced issue. He won't stop until he has an aneurysm. Which will hopefully be within the next twenty minutes.

Blue Jam

Sorry, what's this about Ben Goldacre? I know a few "skeptic" types who have gone TERFy, he's not another one is he?