Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: DrGreggles on January 12, 2020, 08:22:10 PM

He's been living online so long he can't physically function outside. Grey skin, atrophied body, squinting into the sun with only dim memories of what it is.

On the plus side it's been so long since he stepped outside that the Triffids have taken over and are about to claim him.

wosl

If they ever do a rehash/refresh of those Curly Wurly/Terry Scott adverts, Linehan's a shoo-in for them; he's got that bumptious, overgrown schoolboy look off pat.

Thursday

Don't stoop to the kind of bullying tactics he uses, we should always rise above poking fun at people's appearance, even when it's very very very very easy to do so.

idunnosomename

But poking him is the only way to cure his bloaty head

idunnosomename

I mean i also take your point. The main thing to make fun of is how inarticulate his argument is.

A lot of the people he rails on are bad. For instance today there was a TERF pile-on of a transwoman who clained "NO TRANSWOMAN SHOULD EVER BE CALLED A PAEDOPHILE". And this was, surprise suprise, because they produced outwardly paedophilic cartoons and presented their persona as a child. They are gross and not representative of transpeople as a whole.

Thing is glinner is just as monomaniacally disturbed and really needs serious CBT or something.

Mister Six

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 12, 2020, 10:59:11 PM
But poking him is the only way to cure his bloaty head

A+ callback. Funnier than anything Linehan has written in the past 30 years.

j_u_d_a_s

Tangentially related, for those who don't know Spinster is essentially TERF-twitter and part of the same network that includes gab (a "free speech"/alt-right twitter basically) and look who's allowed to join...  (discovered on twitter)

Mister Six

phantom_power

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 12, 2020, 11:07:17 PM
I mean i also take your point. The main thing to make fun of is how inarticulate his argument is.

A lot of the people he rails on are bad. For instance today there was a TERF pile-on of a transwoman who clained "NO TRANSWOMAN SHOULD EVER BE CALLED A PAEDOPHILE". And this was, surprise suprise, because they produced outwardly paedophilic cartoons and presented their persona as a child. They are gross and not representative of transpeople as a whole.

Thing is glinner is just as monomaniacally disturbed and really needs serious CBT or something.

That's what the hateful moron can't understand. You could find out that 90% of trans people were arseholes but if there was no causal link between them being transgender and them being arseholes then it isn't an argument against the concept of being transgender. He would be the first to argue against this tactic if it were used against gays or Muslims I would imagine

phantom_power

I got a Tweet liked by Glinner because he misunderstood what I was saying and now I feel dirty

imitationleather

So the crux of Grahams argument is trans women go in bathrooms (safe spaces) and this will make it easier for rapists to abuse these spaces. Thats the main issue isn't it? and then he goes and gets mixed up in other things lije sport

What rapist is like - shucks, no raping for me today, there is a sign on the door that is specifically for a different gender

Jerzy Bondov

Jumblegraws

Quote from: funtimefrankie on January 13, 2020, 03:48:43 PM
So the crux of Grahams argument is trans women go in bathrooms (safe spaces) and this will make it easier for rapists to abuse these spaces. Thats the main issue isn't it? and then he goes and gets mixed up in other things lije sport

What rapist is like - shucks, no raping for me today, there is a sign on the door that is specifically for a different gender
Any inquiry along those lines is couched by the GC crowd as patriarchal navel-gazing that betrays indifference to the dangers faced by women.

idunnosomename

are graham is such a mighty gumshoe in the age of wokedom but he can't spell savile

does anyone not believe jessica yaniv is legitimate.
nearly everything they post is almost like a lazy titania mcgrath old man idea of how a transwoman thinks. i wonder if they're funded by hardright bodies to act like a total prick to help delegitimise the pro-trans movement. The fact that they appear on Alex Jones yet seem to have no mainstream LGBT affiliations seems to suggest this. I mean they would be nuts to begin with of course.

king_tubby

I've seen stuff saying that some anti-trans groups are funded by evangelical Christian groups, I think there's been posts on here showing one of the prime movers appearing on the same platform as US fundamentalist Christians.

Ferris

His thing about Yaniv is particularly mad because the lawsuit was thrown out of court.

As a previous poster pointed out, he is literally doing a brass eye "if this was really happening, what would you think?"

idunnosomename

yes but they're pushing another case. and it's all backed by the legal team (who are probably not very good) what looks like, a hard-line Canadian libertarian organisation

https://www.jccf.ca/yaniv-targets-another-east-indian-beauty-salon-in-new-waxing-complaint/

look at the about us and the funders. it's all fucking bonkers

like. lol: https://www.hecht.org/html/guide/indexg_fund_1.htm

MARKETPLACE OF IDEAS: http://munkfoundation.com/aurea/

these funding groups probably cant believe their luck with Graham.

They would normally have to pay top dollar to make people have these opinions and then to push that reach more so.

But here he is doing it for free. full time. using his power and influence in his field to pressure others into his way of thinking and he has a huge following. And all because of his thin skin from justified criticism.

phantom_power

Quote from: king_tubby on January 13, 2020, 08:26:49 PM
I've seen stuff saying that some anti-trans groups are funded by evangelical Christian groups, I think there's been posts on here showing one of the prime movers appearing on the same platform as US fundamentalist Christians.

Posey Parker?

idunnosomename

i suspect are graham gets a fortnum and mason hamper occasionally and is all "ooh! for me???" and whatever he has a fridge full of quince jam because he hates transpeople

buttgammon

My girlfriend and I recently made up a list of predictions for the decade and I added one for this year: that Glinner will go full-on far-right. It's just a matter of joining the dots, as well as the fact that the pathetic attempts to start fascism off in Ireland have mostly been bankrolled by the same sort of American religious nuts who fund these transphobic bigots.

the hum

Quote from: buttgammon on January 14, 2020, 09:28:58 AM
My girlfriend and I recently made up a list of predictions for the decade and I added one for this year: that Glinner will go full-on far-right. It's just a matter of joining the dots, as well as the fact that the pathetic attempts to start fascism off in Ireland have mostly been bankrolled by the same sort of American religious nuts who fund these transphobic bigots.

I was thinking that the other day, that Ireland must be one of the few European states without an established bone fide far-right populist party. About the only thing that comes close is Dana's repeated failed attempts to become president (a role that's not much more than ceremonial in Ireland anyway). Perhaps Glinner will complete his far-right conversion, team up with her and together form the Irish Fidesz.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: the hum on January 14, 2020, 12:02:40 PM
I was thinking that the other day, that Ireland must be one of the few European states without an established bone fide far-right populist party. About the only thing that comes close is Dana's repeated failed attempts to become president (a role that's not much more than ceremonial in Ireland anyway). Perhaps Glinner will complete his far-right conversion, team up with her and together form the Irish Fidesz.
There are some particularly shit Irish far right parties. Most horrible is the National Party, although so far its electoral success has been zero. Unsurprisingly, it arose out of the anti-abortion and anti-divorce movement, such as Youth Defence (quite what they're defending youth against I've no idea). They all have links to the NDP, the old-school German neo-nazi party before AfD came on the scene, and other European far-rightists. The NP and similar organizations are inevitably also eurosceptic, protectionist, anti-immigration, and anti-gay.

Slightly more mainstream but no more successful is Renua which split from Fine Gael over the abortion referendum. Ireland's political system is kind of stupid as the main parties are still fighting the Civil War (1922-23) and were formerly so socially conservative there wasn't a need for a mad bunch of Christian fundamentalists, although a bit of space has opened up as you can see. (More info on Wikipedia, which the links are to).

buttgammon

Peter Casey got a worrying amount of votes in the last presidential election by saying nasty and stupid things, but he's in it for the narcissistic glee more than anything; hopefully he'll just fuck off. The National Party are genuinely deranged, perfect for Glinner. Unspeakable, vicious, genocidal hatred for many groups (including trans people) with a healthy dose of conspiracy-nut paranoia about water fluoridation and the like thrown in.

Blue Jam

Quote from: buttgammon on January 14, 2020, 01:09:08 PMThe National Party are genuinely deranged, perfect for Glinner. Unspeakable, vicious, genocidal hatred for many groups (including trans people) with a healthy dose of conspiracy-nut paranoia about water fluoridation and the like thrown in.

Does The Man Corr support them?

j_u_d_a_s

Tangentially related again but no one's favourite satirist Andrew Doyle has given talks at the Adam Smith Institute - https://www.adamsmith.org/events/february-tng-with-konstantin-kisin and writes regularly for the Koch brothers backed Spiked - https://twitter.com/andrewdoyle_com/status/1107332052284817411
And his mate Konstantin Kisin likes to deny the obvious and attacks identity politics while using them himself to defend his actions - https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/how-right-wing-became-the-smear-for-those-we-disagree-with/

Of course, our avowed atheist Graham has quite likely been told about all of this but he's always had a pathological aversion to admitting when he's wrong.