Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:10:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Small Potatoes on January 18, 2020, 01:36:42 PM
Fucking hell, state of him in that video he's just posted.

100% a Reece Shearsmith character. Ollie Plimsolls with none of the charm.

Cuellar

How do they square their 'FFS I'm not transphobic I know loads of good ones' with support for an organisation that literally wants to get rid of the T of LGBT?

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on January 18, 2020, 02:43:37 PM
How do they square their 'FFS I'm not transphobic I know loads of good ones' with support for an organisation that literally wants to get rid of the T of LGBT?
lesbians

Mister Six

Is there a way to display just someone's tweets and not their retweets?

Consignia

Quote from: Mister Six on January 18, 2020, 04:19:09 PM

Yes, but it appears you can do it for someone you follow. If you click on the vertical ellipses on someone you follow's profile, there is an option to turn off retweets. You can't do it globally either.

Mister Six

Ah balls, I'm not going to follow the cunt just to make stuff easier to find.

Consignia

I was going to say; if it's sort through Glinner's dirty laundry definitely not worth that taint.

This might be worth looking at though; https://medium.com/@Luca/how-to-turn-off-retweets-for-everyone-99dd835c10f8 for the muted words bit.

bgmnts

This thread has genuinely made me a little worried that there is a large portion of society who live in Twitter world. In essence, twitter means almost nothing in terms of law, ethics, public perception etc.

If I were to ask 1000 members of the public about stuff like this that happens on twitter. I bet maybe one or two would know. But I have a feeling a lot of these genuinely think this is their real world now.

Frightening.

machotrouts

Quote from: Mister Six on January 18, 2020, 04:19:09 PM

Search "from:glinner". If you must.

Famous Mortimer

My happy world of sniping at his absolute shite on Twitter was spoiled when one of my tweets evidently got a little popular and I got a few anti-trans brave champions for free speech in my mentions. It's weird, innit?

A former friend of mine, one of those people who has all sorts of connections with a bunch of people around you without actually being in your life, started posting long anti-trans screeds on Facebook recently and appears to have fully gone over to the side of the devils. She's unable to have children, and as she claims, posting about this on Twitter had trans right activists extremely mad at her. Now, this clearly isn't even half the story, but she seemed intent on creating an origin story for her hate that reflected as well as possible on her (as we all do, I suppose, just don't often see it this obviously).

Things very quickly degenerated when I tried to reason...which may be my fault? I was significantly nicer with her than I'd be with the strangers on Twitter who exactly share her views. But anyway. I wonder how long it'll be before the LGB Alliance is just the women's LB Alliance, or something. Are there lots of gay guys who really hate transwomen? It's an intersection I'm unfamiliar with.

idunnosomename

it will just be the the LL alliance soon

LINEHAN AND THE LESBIANS

McFlymo

I was under the impression that most of the misguided knee-jerk mumsnet users posting under Glinner's shite were straight women basically going "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

I know of TERFs who are lesbians, but I also many more lesbians with close trans and non-binary friends, so I don't think the L in LGBT is to be lumped in with these transphobes.

But again, it all just adds to the hilarity of some cis straight white dude shouting so loudly about all of this shit that has literally FUCK ALL to do with him.

idunnosomename

well I just mean those terfy straight mums arent going to join any queer alliance. most lesbians arent bothered about transpeople invading their spaces. of course many wont be attracted to transwomen. but this is a complicated issue involving real humans and shouldnt be approached with clenched fists and shouting "its JUST WRONG!!"

are graham mainly frames his fight about marginalising lesbians is all.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 18, 2020, 08:09:00 PMI wonder how long it'll be before the LGB Alliance is just the women's LB Alliance, or something.

Or just 'L', sad to say.

QuoteAre there lots of gay guys who really hate transwomen? It's an intersection I'm unfamiliar with.

I don't know about lots. All the gay guys I know (some old, some young) are very supportive of trans people, though I suppose, where it exists at all, it comes from militants of the 'old guard' and also those on what you could call the bitchier ends of the spectrum - like anything else, really. Might just depend on the circles one moves in.

idunnosomename

it's probably similar to stalwarts of second-wave feminism, who were very good at fighting the corner they represented in the 60s 70s, but when culture queered even further, they became the old cunt conservatives (GREER)

anyway everyone is a person and it's all very nuanced beyond the simple polarised culture war that this doughy twitter warrior is taken to fighting all day every day now

Barry Admin

Quote from: phantom_power on January 18, 2020, 12:04:19 PM
Yes, and when will they realise that showing someone on the other side of the argument to you is a bad person doesn't negate their side of the argument

Never, it's a good old fashioned witch-hunt, driven by prejudice, hatred and hysteria. He retweeted someone today who mentioned "the face of the international, all powerful, wealthy & totally out of control trans lobby" - they're all bloody mad.

king_tubby

Quote from: Barry Admin on January 18, 2020, 10:45:28 PM
Never, it's a good old fashioned witch-hunt, driven by prejudice, hatred and hysteria. He retweeted someone today who mentioned "the face of the international, all powerful, wealthy & totally out of control trans lobby" - they're all bloody mad.

Oh oh, are they back on the Soros thing again?

idunnosomename

big anti-trans bash looking normal today then

(former kelvinside free church, glasgow, if you're wondering https://oran-mor.co.uk/ they will have needed to clear out for a gig starting at 7.30)

McFlymo

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 18, 2020, 08:50:25 PM
of course many wont be attracted to transwomen.

Perhaps it's not common, but I have the experience of knowing a few 'biological women', who were lesbians, who have since transitioned to being men. And I know a couple of bisexual women who have dated trans men and a male friend who identifies as being gay, but has had a couple of encounters with trans men (i.e. having sex with a "male vagina" - even though he had been strictly dickly before) ...

Down with this sort of thing, eh?

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 18, 2020, 11:00:07 PM
big anti-trans bash looking normal today then

I am deeply troubled by that guitar at the back of the stage. No good will come of it!

Quote from: Blumf on January 19, 2020, 01:55:19 AM
I am deeply troubled by that guitar at the back of the stage. No good will come of it!

Of all the people that can't be trusted with an acoustic guitar (and that's near enough everybody), Christians have to be among the most likely to use it for evil.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Blumf on January 19, 2020, 01:55:19 AM

My lovely horse running through the fields.../i]

no_offenc

idunnosomename

lmao

It might not be a church anymore but theyre carrying on the tradition of singing fucking embarrassing shite to acoustic guitars

bigfatheart

TERF's Up
by
Gender-Critical Mass (2020)

1. What the Fuck Is Wrong With You?
2. Dude Looks Like a Lady (Probably Because He Wants to Get Into the Women's Toilets)
3. Man, I Feel Like an Adult Human Female
4. Hello, Jon, Gotta New Posie Parker Video I Want You to Watch
5. We Hate It When Our Friends Get Brainwashed By the Woke Stasi
6. A Message To You, Beardy
7. (I'm From) I Ran (So Far Away)
8. The Glinner Takes It All
9. I Often Dream of Trans
10. What the Fuck Is Wrong With You? '88 Remix

PlanktonSideburns