Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:28:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 04, 2020, 12:24:38 AM
at this point it's remarkable he's never had so much as a probation. but he has been one of the most enthusiastic users since c.2010 when the site was just Stephen Fry saying "poo bum willy, I dropped my crisps in a lift"
Literal Nazis are still on Twitter. @jack won't do shit about anything unless there's mass reporting of a tweet or an account.

Mister Six

Got a link to the tweet? I don't mind filing a report or two.

phantom_power

Get Rachel Riley on the case. She sorted Katie Hopkins out, her publicity team tells us. She is odds-on to be a TERF though

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What if yer man with Aspergers was also a big fan of top 60s psychedelic group The Barbarians, and was just going about his business somewhat tunelessly and wrong wordedly ( which would be understandable, as we've already established that he's none too bright) singing one of that very group's much loved songs to himself, completely unaware of the gender- changing gendarme  ( as they would be referred too if this event happened in France, just going for a bit of alliteration here, come on, give me some leeway, will ya?) in his midst? What then?

madhair60

The thing about that is that Stuart Campbell spent quite a lot of his life looking like this

I used to really, really like this chap's writing. I really did. Paid up subscriber on his website and all.

Now he's basically Smithers to Glinner's Mr Burns. Christ.

Jockice

Quote from: madhair60 on February 04, 2020, 08:35:57 AM
The thing about that is that Stuart Campbell spent quite a lot of his life looking like this

I used to really, really like this chap's writing. I really did. Paid up subscriber on his website and all.

Now he's basically Smithers to Glinner's Mr Burns. Christ.

Like a member of That Petrol Emotion on the inner sleeve of Babble? Sounds fine to me.

madhair60

No, not like your music reference. "ooh I know about music, ooh I met Bucks Fizz". That's fucking you, that is.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: madhair60 on February 04, 2020, 08:48:55 AM
No, not like your music reference. "ooh I know about music, ooh I met Bucks Fizz". That's fucking you, that is.

I laughed.
( Although would also remind madhair to show some respect to his elders. Do *you* remember Tik and Tok? Course you fucking don't.)

Jockice

Quote from: madhair60 on February 04, 2020, 08:48:55 AM

I laughed too!

But for the record, I've never met Bucks Fizz. Although I once did see Mike Nolan in a shop in London. He's very small.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 04, 2020, 10:04:49 AM
I laughed.
( Although would also remind madhair to show some respect to his elders. Do *you* remember Tik and Tok? Course you fucking don't.)
I only know about Tik and Tok because of their involvement with sci-fi horror Xtro

The figure on the far left there reminds me of Linehan, just to try and desperately wrench this post back on-topic.

idunnosomename

Xtro but instead of it being misogynist are graham is abducted by aliens and bursts naked out of a transwoman

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 04, 2020, 10:44:14 AM
Xtro but instead of it being misogynist are graham is abducted by aliens and bursts naked out of a transwoman
H S Art thread considers rewrite.

Blumf

Xtro alien attacks a woman to use for gestation, only to find she's a M2F trans and doesn't have a womb, stomps off in a huff. TERF audience cheer for the rape monster, calling it an ally to real women everywhere.

petril

in a fifties horror gimmick twist, real rapists are stationed in the foyer to accost them on the way out

Blumf

Blue Jam

This is grounds for a Twitter ban, surely?

https://mobile.twitter.com/torynglavin/status/1224450270945374211

Also any "gender-critical therapists" on this list could be reported for acting with a personal agenda rather than in the best interests of their patients.

People have said TERFs remind them of homophobes in past decades- well, this reminds me of gay conversion therapy.

Cuellar

Ferris

Quote from: Cuellar on February 04, 2020, 12:55:11 PM
Gender-critical therapists - yikes. Big yikes.

In my work as a telly writer from the '90s, it is really important I compile this list of Irish medical professionals with fringe beliefs and Twitter is absolutely the correct medium for me to achieve this.

Complete melon this lad.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

So is anyone actually reporting him or are they just hashtagging for delicious virtue

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Now got to the point where the man needs kicking off twitter, and genuinely needs help. I long for the days when the biggest complaint about yer man was that " Count Arthur Strong " wasn't all that.

Blue Jam

I've reported Glinner's tweet, not sure what good it'll do, but as he's still haemorrhaging followers Twitter may finally listen. Here it is if you want to do the same:

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1224378341630844929

mippy

I've reported him again and again, usually for harrassing people. Nothing happens.

canadagoose

Yeah, reporting Glinner has no effect. It's still worth doing, but it's done absolutely nothing for the umpteen times I've done it.

petril

just needs the volume. the more people doing it more often, the more likely the staff will have to consider doing /something/ in response to him. there's probably a name for it

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 04, 2020, 01:59:59 PM
I've reported Glinner's tweet, not sure what good it'll do, but as he's still haemorrhaging followers
holy shit hes lost over 700 today

https://socialblade.com/twitter/user/glinner

phes

Nice strong inverse correlation there between glinner saying things and followers

DrGreggles

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 04, 2020, 03:09:09 PM
just needs the volume. the more people doing it more often, the more likely the staff will have to consider doing /something/ in response to him. there's probably a name for it

Wouldn't it be funnier if he just lost his blue tick?