Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,327
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 04, 2020, 04:10:19 PM
Wouldn't it be funnier if he just lost his blue tick?

Would be funny if it changed to a pink tick

Cloud

Playing "spot the transphobic dogwhistle" in this Reddit thread:

https://old.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/eycc28/as_a_lesbian_i_fucking_hate_the_gay_community/

Glinner would love this one.

Spoiler alert
4th paragraph, if anyone really needed a clue
[close]

bigfatheart

QuoteDont even get me started on how ive gotten banned from the largest lgbtq sub just for stating that as a lesbian, I dont like dick

Definitely the TERF equivalent of "These days you get arrested and thrown in jail if you say you're English".

idunnosomename

dildo tents. are they tents with lots of dildos inside or a tent shaped like an enormous dildo?

gilbertharding

Dunno.

Surely there's a germ of a point in that, no?

The 'cotton ceiling' is a strawman which might as well have been invented specifically to wind up lesbians - as I understand it.

idunnosomename

there is of course, but the problem is are graham is not very good at gainful debate and discussion over nuanced issues he has no actual experience or knowledge of

bigfatheart

While I know it's a contentious subject, and I'll gladly back down if I'm wrong, I doubt she was actually banned just for saying she didn't like penises. I can't help but feel that that was a starting point that led to some abusive behaviour, just like people saying they're being persecuted just for being white (read: threw a brick through a takeaway window) or that society looks down on them just for being a man (read: wanking on the bus).

Jollity

It was probably something like "I don't like penises AND no true lesbian would even tolerate a penis AND it's impossible to be a lesbian if you ever had a penis AND trans women are not real women AND therefore I can refer to them with he/him/his pronouns all I please". That's usually how it goes. Like the woman who was "fired for believing sex is real" - actually just didn't have her contract renewed, and the fact that she was being rude to other co-workers probably didn't help.

madhair60

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: bigfatheart on February 04, 2020, 05:44:36 PM
While I know it's a contentious subject, and I'll gladly back down if I'm wrong, I doubt she was actually banned just for saying she didn't like penises. I can't help but feel that that was a starting point that led to some abusive behaviour, just like people saying they're being persecuted just for being white (read: threw a brick through a takeaway window) or that society looks down on them just for being a man (read: wanking on the bus).
I mentioned my friend a few days back who's gone full TERF - she claimed to have been abused by evil trans people on Twitter just because she mentioned she can't have children. She is, one would presume, leaving out quite a lot of the interaction.

idunnosomename

Can we get some lesbians in this thread to set the record straight thanks

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

always cracks me up when lesbian TERFs loudly announce that they're not attracted to penises, as if straight women are.

Cloud

Quote from: bigfatheart on February 04, 2020, 05:44:36 PM

Yeah I said similar there, that there must be more context to it than a suspiciously disingenuous "all I said was I don't like dicks" because why honestly would you make that comment in the first place?  It's a pointless comment unless it's in some kind of TERFy anti trans rights argument.   (I got downvoted to oblivion of course.  Reddit outside of subs like CasualUK is a train wreck)

Turns out if you look at her post history she's all over subs like /r/LGBdroptheT so it seems like a fair assumption that she's a transphobe playing the "waaah I got kicked out (for being very clearly transphobic in context with the conversation and my posting history), trannies are such anti free speech SJW bullies" card.

Quote from: madhair60 on February 04, 2020, 06:44:14 PM
Alternatively, none of it happened at all

Knowing Reddit... it almost certainly happened

Pdine

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 04, 2020, 05:36:26 PM
Dunno.

Surely there's a germ of a point in that, no?

The 'cotton ceiling' is a strawman which might as well have been invented specifically to wind up lesbians - as I understand it.

+1

idunnosomename

basically all glinner achieves is winding up lesbians with his fucking absurdist bogeyman shit about them being forced to suck cock.

hey how about. rape and assault will always be illegal. you aren't going to get round it by being allowed to go in the ladies' toilets

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 04, 2020, 09:42:16 PM
basically all glinner achieves is winding up lesbians with his fucking absurdist bogeyman shit about them being forced to suck cock.

hey how about. rape and assault will always be illegal. you aren't going to get round it by being allowed to go in the ladies' toilets
no no no you see we mustn't let men go around saying they're women so that they can get into our toilets and changing rooms to do lots of rape

pretending to be women including taking hormones and having surgery is much much easier than just targeting the drunkest girl at a pub

or ignoring your girlfriend/wife when she tells you no

Pdine

Pdine

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 04, 2020, 10:04:29 PM
oh okay say something daring and transgressive then

Why would it be daring to say something in here? ;)

Anyway, I suppose I just felt that - however accurate - drawing in perceived transphobia from reddit people unrelated to Glinner might be a little off topic for a Comedy Chat thread on Glinner. There's clearly a strong nexus of shared opinion on this thread, and I do enjoy reading it, but it sometimes feels to me like it suffers from being tied to the one man. Cloud posting about a reddit lesbian that they found reprehensible made me think that that kind of post might better suit a general 'We Hate Transphobes' thread in GB. Anyway, I'll be off now!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Pdine on February 04, 2020, 09:55:29 PM
Terrible echo in here...
Hurrah for the Posting Police! What would we do without people like Pdine telling us how to post?

Capt.Midnight

It would be fascinating to know what's caused him to behave like this. It must be a combination of things at this rate.

Does anyone else have trouble actually understanding the stuff he's writing about? Like, I understand the content, but it's all so convoluted and skewed, the tone is pressured and verging on the manic.

Moribunderast

I know this has been observed and said multiple times in here but I just had a glimpse at his Twitter page, scrolled through for what felt like minutes and I was still seeing tweets from within 8 hours ago. He just doesn't stop. Always tweeting and re-tweeting, always on the same topic. It all seems so boring and exhausting. I consider myself quite passionate about several issues and hobbies and whatnot and I can't imagine bringing them up two days in a row on social media, let alone 200 times in one day. But then again, I'm not saving all lesbians and children from rape doctors or whatever it is he thinks he's doing currently.

Reported his tweet about conversion therapists for kids, for all the good that will do. Seeing him de-platformed at this stage would be utterly delightful and is also becoming way-past-necessary.

Cloud

Quote from: Pdine on February 04, 2020, 10:13:06 PM
Why would it be daring to say something in here? ;)

Anyway, I suppose I just felt that - however accurate - drawing in perceived transphobia from reddit people unrelated to Glinner might be a little off topic for a Comedy Chat thread on Glinner. There's clearly a strong nexus of shared opinion on this thread, and I do enjoy reading it, but it sometimes feels to me like it suffers from being tied to the one man. Cloud posting about a reddit lesbian that they found reprehensible made me think that that kind of post might better suit a general 'We Hate Transphobes' thread in GB. Anyway, I'll be off now!

I mean, feel free to report it with a request that the topic is split.  It seemed closely-enough related to me, but I'm not Neil (and neither are you, mr backseat moderator)

idunnosomename

he used to behave like this on twitter a whole decade ago, getting angry at people who critiqued his work. he's always been difficult and susceptible to criticism. if he hadn't written that IT Crowd episode he would've fallen down some other rabbit hole into alt-right mania via his twitter addiction.

idunnosomename

Considering he has such a legacy of co-written sitcoms it is absolutely amazing how he spends the best part of his day retweeting the same four gender-critical accounts and shitting his pants about transwomen on a single platform