Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Bronzy on February 06, 2020, 11:58:06 AM
Sealioning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning
lol speak of the Sea Lion

Edit it has now been over TWO WEEKS since he posted on his Glindr site that a couple months ago he thought warranted a piece in THE TIMES

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 12:06:49 PM

Edit it has now been over TWO WEEKS since he posted on his Glindr site that a couple months ago he thought warranted a piece in THE TIMES

That's amazing

Puce Moment

The Glin-machine has always been very clear in the past that he has the unquestionable right to delete comments from his page, and to block people on social media without having to justify or explain. I agree with him. He has every right to do that, as do you and I.

Blue Jam

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 06, 2020, 12:01:56 PM
I said it before, but he wants an argument rather than a discussion.

Those are two very different approaches to interaction. It's why Glindr has no interest for him anymore, it's full of people Who already agree with him. Can't have any arguments, or totally own some "beards" if there aren't any on his shitty platform (by his own design, the berk).

This is also why Gab hasn't taken off. The sort of FREEZE PEACH warriors it's aimed at are also the sort of people who just want to start arguments.

There's something a bit sociopathic about that, isn't there? Most people want to avoid conflict and find drama stressful and tedious, the minority who thrive on it are weird and creepy and very unpleasant to be around or work with.

Blue Jam

Are Graham has lost over a thousand followers in the last two days.

Cuellar

People who live comfortable, unexciting lives, looking for a thrill. Like Fight Club but for twa...like Fight Club.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 05, 2020, 06:48:56 PM
And also, when he had (still may for all I know) a paywalled section of his website, one of the incentives to give him money was access to some Edinburgh Fringe bootlegs that I'm pretty sure I recorded at least some of.

Another "incentive" was mp3s of his idea of a Boo Radleys 'Greatest Hits' album.

king_tubby

That's basically Everything's Alright For Ever with the Every Heaven EP tagged on the end, right?

gilbertharding

Quote from: Bronzy on February 06, 2020, 11:58:06 AM
Sealioning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

Thank you. That's right.

I got as far as 'seahorsing' and gave up. Not seen Sealioning referred to in the wild for ages.

Pdine

Quote from: mr. logic on February 06, 2020, 12:00:06 PM
And in Almost Famous.

Hahah oh yeah. I always forget that because the first time I saw that movie it was on a plane, and they cut that (pivotal, crucial) scene.

undeliberated

Quote from: king_tubby on February 06, 2020, 01:04:38 PM
That's basically Everything's Alright For Ever with the Every Heaven EP tagged on the end, right?

An opinion so patently insane, requiring immediate hospitalisation, that it should be on Graham Linehan's twitter feed.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 12:06:49 PM

"Dear followers, please harass both of these ppl"

Blue Jam

This sounds like it'll be a barrel of laughs:

https://www.burningwoman.co.uk

Check those FAQs:

https://www.burningwoman.co.uk/info/faqs/

QuoteWho is Burning Woman Festival for?

A festival for women, assigned female at birth.

TERFstock!

DocStockStock?

QuoteCan I bring my own alcohol?

This is an alcohol free festival due to the nature of some of the workshops and activities.

imitationleather

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 06, 2020, 03:32:16 PM
can i bring my puberty blockers

That just made me GUFFAW out loud

I note there is a basket-weaving workshop, and that it has sold out.

imitationleather

You may scoff, but these women have seen a niche and tapped into it. There are 32,000,000 women in the UK. If just 1% attend Burning Women then it will become the largest music festival in the world, surpassing even Glastonbury, with 320,000 attendees.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Cuellar on February 06, 2020, 10:46:51 AM
He's keen on the idea (not uncommon around here too I must say) that bi people are just gay OR STRAIGHT people looking for attention, and pansexuals are just bi people looking for EVEN MORE attention isn't he.

The whole thing that you can't be bi if you're in a long term relationship with a person of the opposite sex (or indeed same sex) is ridiculous. It's like arguing that if a woman is married to a man, she can't be heterosexual because she doesn't have sex with all of the men, maybe she's attracted to ginger people or tall people or people her own age or people called James. But classifying people as heterosexual is somehow considered more necessary than classifying them as Jamessexual, without any explanation of why.

Re TERF music festivals, read about the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival which tried the same thing re uteruses but was shut down in 2015. It had a problem with bearded women who turned out to be regular assigned female at birth people with facial hair.

phes

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 06, 2020, 02:53:44 PM

Check those FAQs:

TERFstock!

DocStockStock?

See episode of Transparent where the main character goes to a festival and discovers they're not welcome

lipsink

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on February 06, 2020, 09:00:26 AM
One of my absolute #1 pet peeves going on under that Ronson post, which is zealots pretending to ask questions like "I'm confused, why?" when they're extremely eager to rope somebody into a tedious back and forth and not at all interested in taking on board anything else the other person is saying but rather just looking for an opportunity to blare out talking points. It's a common feature on the internet, but it's absolutely endemic among the 'gender critical' lot, the most boring people alive. If you only ask a question as a pretext to get an opportunity to say what you think, just skip the question and come out with it instead

This is the same thing that TalkRADIO or LBC presenters do when they scrunch up their faces and go "SORRY?... SORRY?" when they have a guest on from the Left.

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 06, 2020, 02:53:44 PM

Check those FAQs:

TERFstock!

DocStockStock?

Woo combined with tervery and imagery that reminds me of those big Evangelical stadium gigs? Could it be any worse?

Edit: I bet Glinner will be hanging around the entrance enthusiastically.

Blue Jam

This TERFstock sounds almost exactly like the festival from Hell in Jenny "World Of Crap" Morrill's highly enjoyable novel Crap Holiday:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crap-Holiday-Jenny-Morrill/dp/1726871231

Is it just me, or is this idea that a bi woman who gets into a relationship with a man is no longer bi is a bit too close to the idea that lesbians can be "cured" with a nice bit of cock? Given that Are Graham isn't opposed to trans conversion therapy that would figure.

canadagoose

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 06, 2020, 04:26:49 PM
Is it just me, or is this idea that a bi woman who gets into a relationship with a man is no longer bi is a bit too close to the idea that lesbians can be "cured" with a nice bit of cock? Given that Are Graham isn't opposed to trans conversion therapy that would figure.
It's plain old biphobia, and yeah, that does often go hand-in-hand with homophobia when it comes from straight people.

JamesTC

Quote from: canadagoose on February 06, 2020, 04:23:25 PM

Somebody needs to be there to check they were all assigned female at birth.

Blue Jam

Quote from: canadagoose on February 06, 2020, 04:23:25 PM
Woo combined with tervery and imagery that reminds me of those big Evangelical stadium gigs? Could it be any worse?

I bet he will... and all this homoeopathy, angel therapy etc when the terves are so into their FACTS AND SCIENCE? Along with Gia Milinovich and her followers sharing an article from a pro-life Christian propaganda site it's another example of people falling over to defend something they'd usually attack because my enemy's enemy is my friend and all that.

Thursday

How much longer can this go on? Day after day is just an endless tirade of utter derangement. If twitter doesn't ban him soon, he's going to burst.
Literally burst in an explosion of angry bile and piss.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Thursday on February 06, 2020, 06:08:30 PM
How much longer can this go on?

How long have we been posting this exact question, and suggesting the exact same ending?

petercussing

I think him getting banned would just embolden him in his feeling that he's a justice renegade trying to fight the good fight against the socially blind and willfully ignorant.

The best outcome would be him slowly losing all but a handful of followers leaving him to scream into the void completely ignored by the world at large.

mjwilson

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 05, 2020, 06:48:56 PM
Campbell was always a bit of a dick - way back he had some daft campaign about the fact that - shock horror - fruit machines are fixed.

But illegally so, right? I mean, it never struck me as the most pressing issue of the day. But iirc it sounded like he had a point.

Blue Jam

Quote from: petercussing on February 06, 2020, 06:32:22 PM
I think him getting banned would just embolden him in his feeling that he's a justice renegade trying to fight the good fight against the socially blind and willfully ignorant.

Yes, but look what a bit of deplatforming did for Milo's career...