Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on August 01, 2019, 08:51:52 PM
Yeah based on her profile she seems to be just as terfy as Graham, so this looks like a typical infighting thing. Hopefully everyone in that whole sphere just turns on each other until the whole thing collapses into a stinking little puddle of irrelevance.

That assumes that they wouldn't just turn their attention to some other cause and stink that up just as bad. These people need an outlet. Linehan doesn't care about women, he just got stuck in a moment.

And he can't get out of it.

idunnosomename

PinkNews is just shit clickbait journalism. I mean really, reporting on a case like this and only using personal evidence from the plaintiff? Who's clearly a self-promoting oddball?

Yaniv is just the sort of "HOW DARE YOU!! I'M A LADY!!! GIVE ME MY LADY WAX!!!" caricature that glinner craves because he's a social simpleton

Armin Meiwes

He's literally not going to give up until he is "proved right by history" and everyone goes "Sorry Graham you WERE right about all that stuff after all! What were we thinking!" ie never.

phantom_power

It shows how dishonest their arguments are if they have to constantly rely on an obvious crank to be their bogeyman

gne

Quote from: Ian Benson on July 31, 2019, 12:51:18 AM
James Dreyfus is a pathetic, depressing person irl. Every single person at one of the pubs he goes to - it may even hilariously be his local given how much time he spends there - thinks he's a boring twat and laughs at him behind his back, staff included. I don't think he has much of a home life, as he's pretty much always there on his own and is often one of the last to leave, especially on weekends. His dog is cool though.

Watch out for that bin there, Ian!

Endicott

Linehan gets a brief mention:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/gay-star-news-close-lgbt-trans-terf-media-a9032896.html

QuoteThe anti-trans brigade claim to be defending women and lesbian's rights, which is funny considering how many leading the pitchforked mob identify as straight and/or are cisgender men. Check out Father Ted creator Graham Linehan's Twitter feed, for example.

Their celebration over GSN's closure shows their transphobia has nothing to do with concern for lesbians. If they did, they would be more concerned about the loss of such an important media outlet.

idunnosomename

glinner's started a new post for LIVE UPDATES on his women are important website all about PinkNews posting a shitty clickbait article

He's probably cancelled meetings for this. It's like Yaniv is the AntiChrist and the second coming is at hand

Yaniv is essentially the boogeyman figure Glinner & The Terfs have been craving. Alleged history of inappropriate contact with minors, social media posts detailing her fascination with helping 12 year old girls change their tampons, the pool party stuff, racist posts, targeting of women running their own business (quite often immigrant run) and operating out of either their own or client's homes so would feel more vulnerable alone with someone with male genitals rather than major salons for these lawsuits. The sane response is to say Yaniv is a cunt but not representative of the trans community, not immediately say all trans people are like that.

Twed

When singular people can be used to denigrate entire communities it's clear that discourse is entirely fucked.

thenoise

Quote from: samadriel on August 02, 2019, 08:36:49 AM
Not in American English it doesn't.

Quote from: Jumblegraws on August 02, 2019, 09:27:31 AM
For the sake of clarity, it's the Canadian legal system that's relevant here

I've done no research.

idunnosomename

i dont think are graham went to bed last night. that crappy pinknews article has made him really flip his lid. tagging just about everyone, from Jess Phillips to Matt Lucas. he's in a bit of a frenzy as he desperately tries to use this event to wash the scales from everyone's eyes so we can live in a utopia where transwomen ALWAYS LOOK LIKE PROPER WOMEN.

phantom_power

And now, in a staggering display of lack of self awareness, Glinner is having a go at Matt Lucas for not watching some youtube video, asking if they subject if "the wrong kind of trans". I am not sure he even reads what he writes now

idunnosomename

Thats a thing. Hes always trying to introduce Lucas to this Kristina via Twitter to get him on his side in WoW. Its one of his absolutely demented axes to grind

Yaniv's main crime was giving Glinner fuel.

I'm surprised Matt Lucas hasn't blocked him yet.

sponk

Quote from: phantom_power on August 03, 2019, 10:48:40 AM
And now, in a staggering display of lack of self awareness, Glinner is having a go at Matt Lucas for not watching some youtube video, asking if they subject if "the wrong kind of trans". I am not sure he even reads what he writes now

I remember him badgering ML into admiting Eddie Izzard is not a lesbian, with seemingly no provocation whatsoever. What has Lucas ever done to be singled out by him?

JamesTC

Quote from: Old Gold Tooth on August 03, 2019, 11:00:38 AM

I'm surprised Matt Lucas hasn't blocked him yet.

He possibly just has him muted. So from Glinner's perspective, Lucas is still reading all his tweets.

I wouldn't be surprised if Glinner latches onto Lucas because of the criticism Little Britain has gotten recently. It is quite a parallel to The IT Crowd. Except Matt Lucas apologised for Little Britain and said he can see how what they did was harmful whereas Glinner has doubled down on his douchery.

idunnosomename

how many notifications must Matt Lucas get a day? You don't get special blue-tick clique notifications, do you? (I suppose you can limit them to people you follow, but I cant be arsed checking if he follows him)

I love how he's now lashing out at James O'Brien for being a coward too. All this makes sense in his head. because he's a nasty egotistical cunt who's driven himself mad

At a certain point he's going to lash out at so many people in the public eye he's going to make himself so toxic that not even old friends want to work with him.

popcorn

What the fuck is the endgame here anyway? Career dies, wife leaves him, friendless and penniless, dead soon?

I'm guessing the endgame is all trans women admit they're really just men in a dress, all the people who support them personally apologise to Linehan, he gets carried through the streets by all the grateful women and the Queen gives him the special title of Women's Champion and that day forever more will be a public holiday dedicated to him where all t.v. stations play the IT Crowd episode that started all this on a 24 hour loop.

There's no endgame, the goal is to remand these issues in the stasis of debate forever and ever. What we're seeing is one of the most potent and enduring manifestations of online debate pedantry. The conversation cannot proceed until you've explained it to me again. And again. And again. And again.

I think there's definitely a form of endgame in that they want the law changed to say trans women will no longer be classed as women, they will be banned from women's spaces, etc. They want it to be seen as a fetish in the eyes of the law.

I think that's true, but the thing is, I don't believe that any of them actually think that will happen.

Mister Six

Quote from: sponk on August 03, 2019, 11:10:52 AM
I remember him badgering ML into admiting Eddie Izzard is not a lesbian, with seemingly no provocation whatsoever. What has Lucas ever done to be singled out by him?

Is it not as simple as Matt Lucas is gay and Graham Linehan is a cunt? I suspect Linehan thinks it would bolster his position and show all his famous friends he was right if a famous member of The Gays took his side on trans issues.

popcorn

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 03, 2019, 12:57:27 PM
I think that's true, but the thing is, I don't believe that any of them actually think that will happen.

Didn't Linehan make some comparison to Nazi Germany or something like that, asking whether you'd just accept it or fight? It's obviously an eye-rolling thing to say but I also sorta think he's right, in that if you think a cause is morally right you should fight for it even if it looks bleak. The mistake is in deciding whether the cause is right.

phes

https://youtu.be/zJm-LZXqrVs

Short Kat Blaque video on the rabid response to the Yaniv thing. Whatever misgivings anyone might have about self-ID it neatly describes the utterly repulsive and irresponsible behaviour or Glinner towards the trans community

Quote from: popcorn on August 03, 2019, 01:16:27 PM
Didn't Linehan make some comparison to Nazi Germany or something like that, asking whether you'd just accept it or fight? It's obviously an eye-rolling thing to say but I also sorta think he's right, in that if you think a cause is morally right you should fight for it even if it looks bleak. The mistake is in deciding whether the cause is right.

Maybe I'm being naive about the level of zealotry involved here

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 03, 2019, 12:51:05 PM
There's no endgame, the goal is to remand these issues in the stasis of debate forever and ever. What we're seeing is one of the most potent and enduring manifestations of online debate pedantry. The conversation cannot proceed until you've explained it to me again. And again. And again. And again.
Tattoo this on the face of every troll

idunnosomename

Quote from: phes on August 03, 2019, 01:16:54 PM
https://youtu.be/zJm-LZXqrVs

Short Kat Blaque video on the rabid response to the Yaniv thing. Whatever misgivings anyone might have about self-ID it neatly describes the utterly repulsive and irresponsible behaviour or Glinner towards the trans community
wonderfully angry stuff. But can understand the sheer frustration at the end. Cant see glinner watching it and saying oof time to tone it down on the Yaniv thing