Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:32:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Sure sign of a charlatan: the use of 'postmodern' as a vague criticism. Cf. Jordan Peterson.

DrGreggles

Nice nudge to BIP* on the latest Do The Right Thing.
Hilarious episode, by the way.

*A new nickname for glinner that I hope catches on

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

idunnosomename

Unfortunately are graham has finally ditched the "BIP" to pay tribute to some scottish terf whos died but notoriously repeatedly condemned transwomen as just being "blackface"

bigfatheart

I'm sure this will go down well with our Graham, combining as it does his favourite and least favourite things: recycling of jokes from the Simpsons, and criticism of Graham Linehan.

JamesTC

Quote from: GlinnerHe covers LGBTQIA+ and it's smart as hell. It's not low hanging fruit.  He obviously has gay friends because he's on the ball about what's happening. The material is just fucking *molten*.

What kind of melt says "molten".

Lads, get on Dante's Peak. It is absolutely *molten*.

sponk

Quote from: bigfatheart on August 28, 2019, 12:12:12 PM
I'm sure this will go down well with our Graham, combining as it does his favourite and least favourite things: recycling of jokes from the Simpsons, and criticism of Graham Linehan.

Do you mean he recycles Simpsons jokes in his sitcoms or just on Twitter or something?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: What Doth Life? on August 28, 2019, 06:36:22 PM
The same kind that says "hell no": https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/813169533481611265

Prince refused to vote in elections as a Jehovah's Witness (JWs are supposed to remain politically neutral), so he presumably would not have protested Trump's election. Sorry for fact-checking 3 your old glinner tweets.

bigfatheart

Quote from: sponk on August 28, 2019, 07:12:54 PM
Do you mean he recycles Simpsons jokes in his sitcoms or just on Twitter or something?

In his sitcoms - he's never been afraid to borrow from the Simpsons and Seinfeld and other favourites (and, to give him some credit, he's never denied that).

Twed

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 29, 2019, 11:30:17 AM
Prince refused to vote in elections as a Jehovah's Witness (JWs are supposed to remain politically neutral), so he presumably would not have protested Trump's election.
For argument's sake I think he probably would have. He at least signed off on this video, if not contributed to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmGVAu9lk6I

Trump is actually in that as example of soulless greed.

madhair60

I just want your extra time and your

diddle-iddle-iddle-iddle-ill

piss

JamesTC

Quote from: thelittlemango on August 30, 2019, 05:18:04 PM
He's really haemorrhaging followers at the moment, lovely to see:

https://ibb.co/Jnh5cMh

I love the regular days with negative amounts of tweets.

canadagoose

Quote from: JamesTC on August 30, 2019, 06:04:27 PM
I love the regular days with negative amounts of tweets.
Going to guess those were tweets that were reported and he had to delete. There never seem to be any consequences for him posting that rubbish, though, so I'm not sure why he deletes them.

idunnosomename

I think it's partly because people think "who is this MAGDALEN BURNS person i dont remember following them"

rue the polywhirl

At this rate he'll have over 600,000 followers by the end of the year.

sponk

He'll use that to say he's ahead of his time, on the right side of history etc and that all of his unfollowers will be telling their grandkids that they always worshiped him

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on August 30, 2019, 06:40:04 PM
At this rate he'll have over 600,000 followers by the end of the year.

Didn't someone say this the last time his plummeting follower-count was mentioned? Was it you?

Thursday

Quote from: Thursday on August 30, 2019, 10:08:07 PM
What was his count at it's peak?

You can see that here:

https://ibb.co/KbXzjzH

Looks like at peak it was just over 700,000 and that he's lost over 70,000 followers in a year.

10% is quite a hit...

idunnosomename

so many of them will be dead accounts no one logs into anymore he can never lose that many

pigamus

Twitter following is bullshit anyway. I randomly lose and then regain big chunks of followers all the time.

Quote from: pigamus on August 31, 2019, 12:14:06 AM
Twitter following is bullshit anyway. I randomly lose and then regain big chunks of followers all the time.

That's not really relevant to what I posted though.

Look at the last link, his followers were steadily increasing and ever since he's been on his TERF shit he's consistently lost them, no regaining big chunks, just losing them month after month after month in great amounts.

idunnosomename

Why fuck does he think Twitter is so important. Moaning about new features to hide replies as if it's press censorship. Tagging @jack all the time. Equating being banned from it to being murdered during the Troubles/dying of AIDS (I know the latter wasn't him but he inspired it and it's a pearler)

Such a peculiar man

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 31, 2019, 09:42:51 AM
Why fuck does he think Twitter is so important. Moaning about new features to hide replies as if it's press censorship. Tagging @jack all the time. Equating being banned from it to being murdered during the Troubles/dying of AIDS (I know the latter wasn't him but he inspired it and it's a pearler)

Such a peculiar man

He has nothing else.