Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:07:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Cheesewogg on September 08, 2019, 06:18:03 PM
... and amongst all of this, is it ok, yet, to admit that Graham Linehan's reupholster of Count Arthur Strong's radio show to TV was a fucking abomination?

Fucking appalling. The radio show was terrific and much, much funnier when we didn't know what Count Arthur or any of the supporting characters looked like. It should never have trans*ferred from radio to TV. Rory Kinnear looked embarrassed to be a part of that show.

(* NOT a dig at King TERF Glinner).

Ferris

Anyone and everyone involved in it should be beyond embarrassment.

Pdine

Quote from: Puce Moment on September 07, 2019, 08:18:56 PM
As someone trying to find their way through this entire subject I was really grateful that folks on here recommended her to me. I agree, reasoned, funny and really not someone the writer of Hippies should be happy about being criticised.

I think Linehan didn't actually write any of Hippies.

idunnosomename

I like to think he didn't write anything in Father Ted either

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I hope the bigoted fuckwit watched this excellent documentary on BBC Two tonight and shat himself with rage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008bxb/seahorse-the-dad-who-gave-birth

sponk

The Magdalen Berns stuff is weird. I understand that people are sad that someone they like is dying, but there's a tone and vibe from Glinner and his followers I haven't seen since Jade Goody went. Really creepy

pigamus

He's wearing her like a skin suit. It makes my skin crawl.

idunnosomename

Does he think if he keep standing up for lesbians against horrid men in skirts they'll let him watch them have sex or join with their lovely lady love, the dirty old bollocks

mippy

We saw Seahorse at the cinema, at a preview screening. One of Glinner's mates wrote about how 'motherless birth is a chilly transgender fiction' before anyone outside that screening had even had chance to see it.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Apologies if either of these have been posted already. Two examples of how this discourse harms cis women:

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/terfs-accuse-chinese-national-athletes-looking-like-men

https://twitter.com/AegisImmemorial/status/1167200119848099854

Of course, this whole thing is completely objectionable anyway - but it just amazes me how Glinner and pals can't see the harm this is doing to the people they ostensibly want to protect.

idunnosomename

the Chinese athletes thing was particularly revolting, talking of their "pinched male faces" and scrutinising their groins. it's just superficial prejudice based on fear of things they're ignorant about.

Don't expect any of them to admit fault on this. people like glinner are so arrogant and egotistical they cant admit they're wrong on anything.

phantom_power

They will almost certainly blame trans activists for making them have to scrutinise female genital areas for signs of penis because that is the sort of thing "they" try to get away with nowadays

George Oscar Bluth II

Do these people ever wonder if, among the victims of the hysteria they're whipping up, there might be cis women who don't conform to gender stereotypes who get hassle? The kind of people they claim they're standing up for?

phantom_power

Of course they fucking don't. That would involve an amount of self reflection and empathy

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on September 10, 2019, 10:43:36 PM
I hope the bigoted fuckwit watched this excellent documentary on BBC Two tonight and shat himself with rage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0008bxb/seahorse-the-dad-who-gave-birth

Has anyone told him that RuPaul's Drag Race UK starts in October?

Cuellar

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 11, 2019, 01:11:09 PM
the Chinese athletes thing was particularly revolting, talking of their "pinched male faces" and scrutinising their groins. it's just superficial prejudice based on fear of things they're ignorant about.

Don't expect any of them to admit fault on this. people like glinner are so arrogant and egotistical they cant admit they're wrong on anything.

My god, looking at the replies to the original 'woman, man, man, man' tweet is both hilarious and depressing. So many people pointing out that they're women, obviously, but to see the OP having to reply to the enormous amount of racist tweets is hilarious.

"Here's my incredibly bigoted opinion PLEASE CAN YOU STOP BEING RACIST IN THE REPLIES OMG"

idunnosomename

making puns on foreign surnames VERY BAD

judging and condemning people solely on their facial features RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY!!!

mippy

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 11, 2019, 02:33:47 PM
Do these people ever wonder if, among the victims of the hysteria they're whipping up, there might be cis women who don't conform to gender stereotypes who get hassle? The kind of people they claim they're standing up for?

This is already happening - women being hassled in bathrooms.

canadagoose

Some of the "gender criticals" know and just don't care, then when it happens to them, they get all outraged. There was a thread on /r/GenderCritical recently where a poster said how someone else misgendered her (even though she isn't trans) and she hated it. Funny that.

Twed

I keep wondering where glinnerbollocks stand on his old "facts are left-wing" assertion, now that he's trending far towards being the kind of person who talks about the "loony left".

idunnosomename

Quotewhen a Father Ted episode featured a character dating a trans woman.

oops news!

Mister Six

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 11, 2019, 02:33:47 PM

Well indeed. "I'm gender critical! Except for when someone's appearance doesn't precisely fit the two genders I am willing to acknowledge."

idunnosomename

ahh im a vulnerable criminal woman in a prison. oh no a willy! i am helpless in the face of this cruel and unusual punishment!!

Jumblegraws

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1170456670746611720?s=20

A lot of people pointing out that he is omitting to show pictures of the scores of lesbians who also attended the counter-protest. Glinner erasing women again.

phantom_power

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 11, 2019, 10:07:21 PM

A lot of people pointing out that he is omitting to show pictures of the scores of lesbians who also attended the counter-protest. Glinner erasing women again.

Sample comment: "They look like creeps or school-shooters". Jesus fuck

I like in that Pink News article that they feel the need to state Glinner's star sign

madhair60

Quote from: Jumblegraws on September 11, 2019, 10:07:21 PM

God almighty this boiled my piss

Ham Bap

Cant he just admit that THAT episode of the IT Crowd was a bit crass but times have changed..

canadagoose

Quote from: Ham Bap on September 12, 2019, 09:04:09 AM
Cant he just admit that THAT episode of the IT Crowd was a bit crass but times have changed..

Nah, much easier to join the posh hate-fest that is "GC" "philosophy".

idunnosomename

Hes getting a lot of shit for that tweet at least and very little support.

Really rich about MRAs coming from a ELDERLY WHITE MAN who's Dead Skin Masked a lesbian with brain cancer