Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:20:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

Quote from: Ham Bap on September 12, 2019, 09:04:09 AM
Cant he just admit that THAT episode of the IT Crowd was a bit crass but times have changed..

Said many times before on this thread, but it is just mental this this is the root cause of all this. It's not even like he thought the Man/Iran storyline was good: Glin is famously self critical, (his FT commentaries as far as I recall are largely him self flagellating about the failings of classic episodes), and in that Youtube interview he did about his activism a while back where he outright admitted that criticism of the IT episode is what led him on his noble quest, he said he thought it was a bad subplot which lamentably detracted from the 'good' part of the episode (Jen's 'Internet' plot), so whydafuck did he then decide devote the second half of his life on being an evangelical for a cause he previously had no interest in, just cos it aligns with the viewpoint of a bad subplot he thoughtlessly dashed off that even he thinks is bad? Is it so hard to take criticism from an outside source? Does only a media professional like him have the authority to correctly criticise himself?

I think in years to come his main legacy will now be as a extreme case study/cautionary tale in how a combo of being inured in a 'creative celebrity class' bubble and social media abuse can entirely annihilate your sanity. I would still say this if his obsessive quest had derived from a less contentious issue like say if he'd received criticism from Countdown fans for the IT Crowd Countdown episode and reacted by spending the rest of his life fervently arguing that Countdown had a flawed format and '15 To 1' was better. The fact he's chosen such an often hateful cause to die on is a whole separate issue from the complete insanity of how he's wasting the rest of his life on such Quixotic pointlessness.

idunnosomename

It's not so much the subplot and its poor setup, or even the cartoony haha transwoman still burps and farts and likes football like a blokey bloke, it's more the finale where they get beaten all bloody - even though they admitted they were trans from the start! It's horrible. Does he stand for that needlessly nasty and deeply unfunny scene? Seems very Freudian anyway.

Cuellar

Thursday

Yeah erasing Hatsune Miku's name from the credits! What did she do wrong?!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phantom_power on September 11, 2019, 01:19:39 PM
They will almost certainly blame trans activists for making them have to scrutinise female genital areas for signs of penis because that is the sort of thing "they" try to get away with nowadays

One of them will probably end up giving someone the 'Mick Dundee'.

peteprodge

Cuellar

king_tubby

chveik

canadagoose

Bizarro Mark Bosnich

Wasn't she the one who said "I'd rather be rude than a liar"?

Sounds like one of those "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best" types. Was that the only thing she had going for her?

Cold Meat Platter

So did she think the same things about trans men or...nnnng I'm not sure what confused noise to make. It's just upsetting.
Certainly doesn't seem like she'd be all on board with him wearing her identity online.

Bronzy

phes

Difficult time for Are Brave Graham with trans pride in London and the BBC breaking the story about Sam Smith rejecting their gendered pronouns.

Angry all weekend

Thursday

Matthews might well be more transphobic, but at least he hasn't gone on about it every hour of every day for years.

Bronzy

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 14, 2019, 01:16:11 AM
I hope that's a joke. :-(

Quote from: Thursday on September 14, 2019, 08:35:34 AM
Matthews might well be more transphobic, but at least he hasn't gone on about it every hour of every day for years.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Cuellar on September 13, 2019, 09:05:18 PM
Who is Magdalen Berns
dyke of our hearts. Hope your shouting at trans ppl in heaven angle

Jollity

Wikipedia's list of recent deaths describes her as a "Scottish Youtuber". Another site also posted a screencap of a tweet where she said that George Soros was responsible for funding the trans movement, and so we can therefore call Linehan antisemitic for supporting her (well, Corbyn has been called antisemitic for much less, but I suspect all the people against Corbyn would make excuses for this somehow)

peanutbutter

Quote from: Bronzy on September 14, 2019, 12:41:16 AM
Don't know if I should say this, but apparently in private, Arthur Mathews is EVEN more transphobic.
It doesn't really matter though, does it? He hasn't chosen to make it a key part of his public identity and (to the best of my knowledge) hasn't tried to force his perspective onto others.

Could lead to some very interestingly awkward interviews promoting this Pope Ted thing, although I'm convinced it'll never happen at this stage.

Cuellar

Twed

Good to see so many people in this thread got their MMR jabs

imitationleather

Quote from: Cuellar on September 14, 2019, 06:07:17 PM
IT'S DEFINITELY A JOKE ABOUT ARTHUR MATTHEWS

Obviously. It is not possible to be more transphobic than Graham Linehan.

Bronzy

I'm deadly serious, guys.

Why do you think Matt Berry loves him so much?

H-O-W-L

Merely expressing relief there, not joy. Much like the American response to Osama Bin Laden, there. Tacit and reserved.