Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,484
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:14:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

canadagoose

I suppose if there's one thing you can say about the deid wummin, at least she didn't code her bigotry using endless dog-whistles and disingenuous questions like the rest of them do, especially Glinner. Not that that's much of a positive. I mean, seriously, I wonder if most of them are aware that they do it. Like, you know how they reckon "TERF is a slur" and that, and then say they should be referred to as "gender critical" (or, lately, "gender free" or even "biology critical" according to Navratilova)? Why do they never refer to their group that way unless they're directly saying what their beliefs are? It's always just "women" when they mean "transphobic people". Glinner does it all the time. Like, "why aren't you listening to women?" "Women have concerns" "Women are being silenced" etc. Obviously it's trying to obfuscate who they're on about by claiming they represent all women, but it's weird how they all seem to do it. They must pick it up from somewhere.

edit: It's especially obvious when you see one of them talking to a woman who isn't even trans. e.g.

TERF: "Women are being silenced by the trans lobby"
Woman: "I'm not, I'm for trans rights"
TERF: "Why aren't you listening to women? Women need male-free spaces and you don't care"

Totally potty.

phes

idunnosomename

his current thing about rape crisis centres is revolting. he just endlessly represents transpeople solely as perverts who want to flash their willies at women. when actually this is like removing human rights for white men because a tiny percentage of them commit mass shootings with assault rifles.

remember one tweet a day a few months ago? lol

Cheesewogg

He's even correcting comedy chums like Richard Herring on the issues of misnaming etc. Watching someone shit the bed of their career is hypnotic.

idunnosomename

problem is he probably invested enough of his wealth in property to be able to afford to sit on his hairy arse and tweet all day and still live to vote lib dem

The King of All Women and Lord of all Lesbians sits proudly on HIS throne

Thursday

Just also wanted to add that I too was delighted to hear that Magdalene Berns had died.

Dusty Substance

A TERF comic has been mourning the passing of Magdalene Berns on Facebook, branding her "a warrior" followed by a torrent of hyperbolic praise as if she's Martina Luther King.

Jollity

Quote from: canadagoose on September 15, 2019, 01:45:46 AM
I suppose if there's one thing you can say about the deid wummin, at least she didn't code her bigotry using endless dog-whistles and disingenuous questions like the rest of them do, especially Glinner. Not that that's much of a positive. I mean, seriously, I wonder if most of them are aware that they do it. Like, you know how they reckon "TERF is a slur" and that, and then say they should be referred to as "gender critical" (or, lately, "gender free" or even "biology critical" according to Navratilova)? Why do they never refer to their group that way unless they're directly saying what their beliefs are? It's always just "women" when they mean "transphobic people". Glinner does it all the time. Like, "why aren't you listening to women?" "Women have concerns" "Women are being silenced" etc. Obviously it's trying to obfuscate who they're on about by claiming they represent all women, but it's weird how they all seem to do it. They must pick it up from somewhere.

edit: It's especially obvious when you see one of them talking to a woman who isn't even trans. e.g.

TERF: "Women are being silenced by the trans lobby"
Woman: "I'm not, I'm for trans rights"
TERF: "Why aren't you listening to women? Women need male-free spaces and you don't care"

Totally potty.

I just wanted to agree with this. I feel a great deal more silenced by TERFs telling me I'm too dense to understand what's really going on in the world than I do by trans women going about their business. Also, continual LOL at them talking about women only spaces as if they don't invite the nastiest, most sexist and homophobic cis men to come in and dominate the conversation all day long. And then crying and complaining that women who are traumatised by penises aren't being listened to. If I was traumatised by penises, the last people I'd want to talk to are TERFs, they never shut up about genitals.

I have issues. But I want to hit the TERFs with my uterus.

mippy

I saw Rich didn't bother to reply to Graham's comment, so he just did the same thing he did with Matt Lucas - look at this! look at this Rich! what do you say to that, disagreeing man?

keir

I spent time looking, and I could only see Richard Herring replying to one person on the matter, who was a man, but I saw about thirty people yelling HE'S ONLY REPLYING TO MEN, THE SEXIST!

sponk

Glinner is going to have work hard if he wants to remain the most moronic cunt on the trans issue on Twitter:

Ferris

Graham "one tweet a day" Linehan still on one is he? Christ alive what a wally.

It does genuinely seem like a mania with him, I wonder what the trigger was. Great advert for everyone to get off twitter though so he's doing some good in the world.

canadagoose

George Tankie Galloway can fuck off as ever. Don't know why any decent person on the left gives him any credence.

And Jollity, thank you for your support. I appreciate it and wish more people were like you.

Blumf

mippy

Cuellar

Hahahah 'He is obsessed with sex. He is obsessed with leather and semen'

Brilliant. Pinteresque.

imitationleather

mippy

NoSleep

Digging a hole full of hatred for themselves and then calling it "the right side of history". Not even herstory.

phantom_power

Quote from: mippy on September 16, 2019, 12:09:51 PM
His mates seem really quite upset by Sam Smith...

That is the sort of people he is fighting alongside. You would think that would give someone pause for thought. His latest is this gem:

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1173350862757998592

with lots of replies from women seemingly suggesting that all women agree with them on this issue and are being silenced by men. Lots of comments about the whole thing just being a fetish. Again, this is the side he chooses to take on this, while claiming to be defending lesbians? He's no Michael Winner

Cuellar

It's so hard to keep track of what he's annoyed about on a day to day basis, I don't know how he manages it.

phantom_power

I completely missed the "Male Sexual Revolution" thing in that tweet. What the fuck is that?

idunnosomename

Quote from: phantom_power on September 16, 2019, 01:03:53 PM
I completely missed the "Male Sexual Revolution" thing in that tweet. What the fuck is that?
i guess it refers to the idea that post-Gamergate Men's Rights Activists are destroying feminism under the guise of trans-activism.

Or maybe something about Xenu and thetans

mippy

I think it's about how men are apparently all becoming lesbians, or something.

phantom_power

I always find it odd how someone can be claiming to support one oppressed set of people while at the same time, and often as a result of such support, showing bigotry towards another set

idunnosomename

I think bazza was right in how "beloved internet personality" was a way to make his twitter account seperate from "Graham Linehan" but if you search for "Magdalen Berns" on twitter now (say if you are curious who the fuck she was) obviously your results are all just full of his account. he's unlikely to change it anytime soon i bet

I don't really have a horse in this race and am yet to decide what I think about the entire philosophical side of it all. All too often I think it's a matter of semantics and this seems to be a product of the internet age - bits of academia leaking into internet arguments (like the current obsession with DESTROYING postmodernism) and it's people arguing over the 'correct' way to phrase what is essentially the same thing.

That said, there are some bits from the GC crowd I would generally be in agreement with. What I don't get is the sense of visceral hatred that seems to come with it. I'm generally in agreement that it's alright to be an effeminate man and that you can wear women's clothes or whatever while still being a man - but when they make the point, it always seems to be 'YOU'RE A FUCKING BLOKE MATE. A FUCKING BLOKE IN A DRESS' and then often follows some sort of critique that suggests they very much don't think it's ok - that it's borne of sexual deviance most often from what I can tell. I watched a few of Magdalen Bern's videos out of interest and was shocked a few times how often there was directed nastiness at other youtube creators rather than a measured critique or whatever.

It seems to be a very current thing where it comes down to nailing your colours to a particular mast wholeheartedly and responding to anyone that says even slightly different with a set playbook of arguments against the position that the 'opposition' hold (TERF, TRA, libtard, Marxist etc etc).

phantom_power

Quote from: drummersaredeaf on September 16, 2019, 03:00:07 PM
I'm generally in agreement that it's alright to be an effeminate man and that you can wear women's clothes or whatever while still being a man

I doubt most trans activists would argue with that either. It is only the frothing GC brigade who think that anyone vaguely effeminate is being coerced or forced into cutting their dick off