Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mippy

Jonathan Ross has agreed with his tweet about Yaniv being a wrongun, so that's one fewer celeb member of the Woke Stasi.

phantom_power

The thing is Yaniv does seem like a bit of a wrongun. It is extrapolating that to make some point about all trans people that is the act of a cunt

RicoMNKN

Quote from: mippy on August 03, 2019, 03:32:13 PM
Jonathan Ross has agreed with his tweet about Yaniv being a wrongun, so that's one fewer celeb member of the Woke Stasi.

And it appears that no-one is attacking Jonathan Ross for it, almost as if Graham is being called a transphobe for some other reason than calling out an individual for being a litigious prick.

idunnosomename

Glinner's general idea that it is entertainment celebrities on twitter who need to condemn it shows what an egotistical elitist cunt he is

sponk

Quote from: Mister Six on August 03, 2019, 01:14:38 PM
Is it not as simple as Matt Lucas is gay and Graham Linehan is a cunt? I suspect Linehan thinks it would bolster his position and show all his famous friends he was right if a famous member of The Gays took his side on trans issues.

That was my assumption, I've never even heard of Lucas commenting on trans issues so unless there's something I'm missing that must be it. It's a way bigots give themselves away, it happens with people demanding random Muslims condemn extremism, or accusing Jews of supporting Israel (see George Galloway to Baddiel) during unrelated arguments. Even people who resist saying anything specifically prejudice let their bigotry leak out in other ways.

sponk

Jonathan Ross is being hailed as a courageous hero by Glinner's followers for agreeing with him on Yaniv.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wossy/status/1157620309329158144

idunnosomename

these are very exciting times for are graham. what will explode first, his head or his dick

Jockice

canadagoose

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on August 03, 2019, 09:34:41 PM
It's doing a storyline it stole from Seinfeld?
Oh God, not the "man hands" thing? Sounds like a swift #cancellation

sponk

Quote from: worldsgreatestsinner on August 03, 2019, 09:34:41 PM
It's doing a storyline it stole from Seinfeld?

Or Friends. Lost count of the amount of jokes his sitcoms lifted from that.

phes

Poor Wossy. He's been done like a lovely old Mummy sharing a Britain's First post asking if it's really fair this Pug gets strapped to a sled and pushed into an incinerator

jobotic

The Matt Lucas stuff reminds me of one of those blokes who emails the council about his bins being collected late and ccs the Prime Minister's office. WHY ISN'T HE RESPONDING TO ME? THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Zetetic

Quote from: Jockice on August 03, 2019, 08:51:23 PM
Casualty's gone all Linehan this week....
Has it? I'm fairly sure that someone changes their mind.

Jockice

Quote from: Zetetic on August 03, 2019, 10:01:07 PM
Has it? I'm fairly sure that someone changes their mind.

Yes. By the end. As everybody watching it knew they would. But you may have noticed that I sent my post early on while the show was being broadcast. Please forgive me for not waiting till the end and writing a 2000-word review.

Thursday

phantom_power

Quote from: Jockice on August 04, 2019, 06:28:46 AM
Yes. By the end. As everybody watching it knew they would. But you may have noticed that I sent my post early on while the show was being broadcast. Please forgive me for not waiting till the end and writing a 2000-word review.

You're worse than 100 Glinners, 12 Yanivs and a PoseyParker

Jockice

Jockice

Quote from: RicoMNKN on August 03, 2019, 04:03:22 PM
And it appears that no-one is attacking Jonathan Ross for it, almost as if Graham is being called a transphobe for some other reason than calling out an individual for being a litigious prick.

I'd attack Jonathan Ross for anything. Can't stand him. Traditional 'wish he'd just piss off back to 1986 where he belongs' comment.

phantom_power

He gets a free pass for The Incredibly Strange Film Show, Remote Control and the Last Resort for me, and for giving loads of great comedians their first, or early, TV exposure.

Thursday

Ross is odd because he champions a lot of good stuff while acting a sort of laddish prick himself. Shame.

Zetetic

Quote from: Jockice on August 04, 2019, 06:28:46 AM
But you may have noticed that I sent my post early on while the show was being broadcast.
I have no idea of the live broadcast times for Casualty, and I'd be extremely suspicious of anyone who did in this day and age.

QuotePlease forgive me for not waiting till the end and writing a 2000-word review.
No, and yes.

Jockice

Quote from: Zetetic on August 04, 2019, 02:06:14 PM
I have no idea of the live broadcast times for Casualty, and I'd be extremely suspicious of anyone who did in this day and age.
No, and yes.

Usually around half eight on a Saturday night, although it's sometimes pushed back by other shows and events. Happy to help.

Zetetic

I won't remember this, and I'm faintly disgusted by the possibility that the information might even enter my head.

Jockice

Quote from: Zetetic on August 04, 2019, 02:31:21 PM
I won't remember this, and I'm faintly disgusted by the possibility that the information might even enter my head.

I'll remind you on an hourly basis from now on.

canadagoose

Hey, Graham, your pal's being disgusting, can you cancel her?

Chriddof

I got confused for a moment and thought we were talking about Parker Posey.

Also six people gave that a "LOL emoji" vote.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Chriddof on August 04, 2019, 10:00:02 PM
I got confused for a moment and thought we were talking about Parker Posey.

I think this whole time I thought it was Parker Posey. Or was she linked to some other movement?

phantom_power

Lucas has responded with "I watched it x" which in my mind his polite way of saying "I watched it OK, and it is bullshit so I haven't commented on it so fuck off and leave me alone"

Ornlu

Quote from: Chriddof on August 04, 2019, 10:00:02 PM
Also six people gave that a "LOL emoji" vote.

[detraction]Not to detract, but it's actually no more than three; the six is a total of the standard blue 'like' react and the new laughing ones, with the one on the left having more votes.[/detraction]