Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:14:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_christian_troy

I think we all know what Marc loves doing in a public lav

Almond wall nuts

Christ I'm depressed

Ferris

As a new Canadian, I get free access to cultural events. Museums, opera recitals, film showings etc.*

Just got an invite to watch the Rocky Horror Show at the University of Toronto with a load of film students. God, I bet that gets Glinner right pissed off. Might email him. Many of us immigrants are non-white and women. Can you imagine?!

Edit: tickets gone. I'm a white anglophone (as is Mrs Ferris who also is unable to attend), so the ratio of actual attendees can only be more "undesirable" by Linehan's count. Bet he's fuming.

*its called the Cultural Access Pass and is paid for by the government. Welcome to the country, see as much as you can and we'll foot the bill. Fuck yeah, Canada is awesome.

Ferris

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 20, 2019, 03:47:15 AM
Wow, how long does that last?!

A year from your citizenship ceremony. It's called "Canoo" now, which shows how out of date I am. I became a Canadian on 9/25, so I have 6 days left. They email me with "one off" events, like orchestral practices and the like. I'm in Toronto, so have access to lots of potential things to go and see.

https://www.inclusion.ca/program/canoo/

I also get 50% off any train ticket for myself and my dependants. Considering a ticket from Toronto to Vancouver can cost $6,000 it is quite the gift. Thanks, taxpayers! Which is mainly me, because of my excellent middle class job that I have as a result of living in Canada. What goes around comes around.

For the avoidance of doubt, I love Canada for this sort of thing and am a (very!) proud Canadian. My only tattoo is a maple leaf on my shoulder that I got when my citizenship was made official. I'm also begrudgingly British. This fits both national stereotypes nicely.

Mobius

Fucking hell, that's great.

Sadly I emigrated to Australia who haven't got any culture.

jamiefairlie

When did this start? Didn't have it when I became a citizen, I'm bloody miffed!

Twit 2

Quote from: Mobius on September 20, 2019, 04:39:43 AM
Fucking hell, that's great.

Sadly I emigrated to Australia who haven't got any culture.

Go to Thailand. Chockas!

Bazooka

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on September 20, 2019, 03:45:53 AM
As a new Canadian, I get free access to cultural events. Museums, opera recitals, film showings etc.*

Just got an invite to watch the Rocky Horror Show at the University of Toronto with a load of film students. God, I bet that gets Glinner right pissed off. Might email him. Many of us immigrants are non-white and women. Can you imagine?!

Edit: tickets gone. I'm a white anglophone (as is Mrs Ferris who also is unable to attend), so the ratio of actual attendees can only be more "undesirable" by Linehan's count. Bet he's fuming.

*its called the Cultural Access Pass and is paid for by the government. Welcome to the country, see as much as you can and we'll foot the bill. Fuck yeah, Canada is awesome.

I've already sent a txt/sms to the Queen regarding your treason, despite the Commonwealth, Liz told me to tell you to "Mind how you go".

idunnosomename

a little sight into how simplistic his view of women is: https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1174821413619941376

I note he's using less silly language like "gender hippies" and "woke stasi". It's full-on stuff about rape and stuff about working-class hero lesbians constantly. It's like it's his only reality now, and hence why he really can't understand why someone who died of cancer who was a very minor YouTuber with tremendously simplistic and repetitive content of doing unedited rants into a webcam is not getting mainstream press obits. I guess this is why the in-laws are planning an intervention.

Cuellar

fuckin white knight virtue signalling cuck kid, fuck you

sponk

I think this is a low point. Imagine the sheer misery in having your hair forcibly shaved off, Glinner is belittling that by comparing it to British women supporting trans rights. Using some of the most oppressed women in the world as a political football.

Armin Meiwes

Ooof yeah that really is a new low isn't it, and that's not an easy achievement for Glinner.

Blue Jam

Glinner has retweeted an account called #Feminism Is For Females

"Females"...

coinneach

Quotehopefully more black people will speak up about the racist, garbage argument that their struggle is somehow analogous to Caitlyn Jenner's situation

fine for him to make his analogies though

Ham Bap

I might dress up as Graham for Halloween but it would mean being outside and not on my many Twitter accounts. I'd also have to spend time interacting with my family so I wouldn't be getting into the spirit of the role.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 20, 2019, 01:22:39 PM
Glinner has retweeted an account called #Feminism Is For Females

"Females"...

Eminism is for Eminem!

mr. logic

Quote from: sponk on September 20, 2019, 12:21:50 PM
I think this is a low point. Imagine the sheer misery in having your hair forcibly shaved off, Glinner is belittling that by comparing it to British women supporting trans rights. Using some of the most oppressed women in the world as a political football.

He sees an awful story like that and immediately his mind goes to his boring fucking obsession. Imagining the inside of his brain is genuinely troubling. They should wrestle the phone away from him.

Jollity

Quote from: coinneach on September 20, 2019, 01:37:53 PM
fine for him to make his analogies though

Does he realise that there are people who are both trans and black? At the same time? That it is possible? And that they don't much appreciate white people telling them how to feel about the struggle of racism?

He probably does not. Someone should show that to Laverne Cox or someone, see what she thinks about this white guy telling her she has no idea what racism is like. That could be fun. Not for him, perhaps, but it might be for me.

Also, the irony of some man calling women who don't agree with him "obedient footsoldiers for men". And all the Mumsnet tradwives probably agreeing with him in replies. Fuck right off with that.

Jockice

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 20, 2019, 11:20:42 AM
a little sight into how simplistic his view of women is: https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1174821413619941376

I note he's using less silly language like "gender hippies" and "woke stasi". It's full-on stuff about rape and stuff about working-class hero lesbians constantly. It's like it's his only reality now, and hence why he really can't understand why someone who died of cancer who was a very minor YouTuber with tremendously simplistic and repetitive content of doing unedited rants into a webcam is not getting mainstream press obits. I guess this is why the in-laws are planning an intervention.

I've just watched some Magdalen Berns stuff. I'll tell you what, my nine-year-old nephew does more interesting, entertaining and better-produced youtube content than she did.

Cardenio I

JamesTC

peteprodge

Quote from: Ham Bap on September 20, 2019, 01:48:06 PM
I might dress up as Graham for Halloween

So tired of these disgusting fake Grahams parading around these days. You lot are actively harming the real true biological Grahams. You actively contribute to Graham erasure, it makes me sick.

(Yes, I know I'm not a Graham but I empathise with the everyday battles of Grahams, such as enduring cereal-based insults, potential forename misspelling and shitting on your comedic legacy.)

Armin Meiwes

Those women make me absolutely sick why don't they stop being obedient footsoldiers for men for once and do what Graham tells them to do instead.

QDRPHNC

I think we should start misgendering Linehan for a laugh. It would really get on his (male) tits.

petril

Quote from: peteprodge on September 20, 2019, 07:47:53 PM
So tired of these disgusting fake Grahams parading around these days. You lot are actively harming the real true biological Grahams. You actively contribute to Graham erasure, it makes me sick.

(Yes, I know I'm not a Graham but I empathise with the everyday battles of Grahams, such as enduring cereal-based insults, potential forename misspelling and shitting on your comedic legacy.)

I'm more on the side of Graemes, sorry

JamesTC

Quote from: QDRPHNC on September 20, 2019, 08:05:54 PM
I think we should start misgendering Linehan for a laugh. It would really get on his (male) tits.

It would get pissed off if you muddled up her pronouns.

phes

Graham slaps his tummy and announces he is heartened by a delicious breakfast with the family. He excuses himself from the table to go and sit on the bog where he'll make straining fart sounds for three minutes while getting the ball rolling on Twitter. His breakfast is in his pockets.