Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:27:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The all-new "Graham Linehan's a transphobic cunt" thread

Started by Mister Six, August 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Is Lintoman just gonna bang on about this for the rest of his life? They'll always be trans people, and hopefully their rights and status will only increase, making him presumably even more furious. So he's never going to win. The more time he puts in, the more he will have to continue to put in to justify himself. I can't see him just quietly walk away as that would be an admission he was wrong and/or the issue isn't as big as he said. So where will it end? Divorce and ruin is what he deserves. I actually do feel sorry for him though. I think he's just so pathologically unable to admit being wrong, so unable to take criticism that this is what he's become. I don't even think he's necessarily a bigot deep down, but alarmingly he's prepared to act exactly like one all day every day because that's a price worth paying for him to be right. Of course, acting like a cunt is effectively the same as being a cunt, but I think if you really isolate the cause of all this mania it stared with 'someone said I'm wrong' not 'I hate trans people'. Certainly, his actions and words are grossly irresponsible and hateful, but I feel all this could be about anything, the trans element being arbitrary. It's simply a hot potato issue that ticks a lot of boxes for him to get stuck into an eternal war on. He could be doing the same thing about gun control, abortion, any number of divisive topics.

bigfatheart

Quote from: JamesTC on August 03, 2019, 11:32:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Glinner latches onto Lucas because of the criticism Little Britain has gotten recently. It is quite a parallel to The IT Crowd. Except Matt Lucas apologised for Little Britain and said he can see how what they did was harmful whereas Glinner has doubled down on his douchery.

A couple of days late, but this is exactly it. Glinner's obsessive hate-on for trans people started when he got criticised for doing an IT Crowd episode where a trans woman got beaten up by her boyfriend but it's OK because she's a big old man really. Little Britain's had a lot of 'Actually, in hindsight, some of it's a bit dodgy' stuff in the last few years, including the 'I'm a lady' character, and Matt Lucas has handled that by being contrite, apologetic and thoughtful. Glinner presumably thinks, as a result, that Lucas has been cowed into submission by the woke Stasi and is a perfect candidate for an awakening in the evils of these awful trans types, ideally so that he and Graham can be interviewed for newspaper articles about how these comedians are being SILENCED and it's political correctness gone mad the trans agenda gone too far.

Seriously, everything Glinner says and does nowadays, imagine Tommy Robinson doing it. I wonder how Glinner would react to a Britain First account having "we told you about Rotherham and you called us bigots" as their profile.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 05, 2019, 12:12:11 PM
Is Lintoman just gonna bang on about this for the rest of his life? They'll always be trans people, and hopefully their rights and status will only increase, making him presumably even more furious. So he's never going to win. The more time he puts in, the more he will have to continue to put in to justify himself. I can't see him just quietly walk away as that would be an admission he was wrong and/or the issue isn't as big as he said.
I think it bears repeating that he gets praise heaped upon him and is treated like some sort of saviour by a sizeable number of people and that this has definitely gone to his head. So I don't think it's just that he feels pot committed to his various stances, I think he's actually quite comfortable in his armchair martyrdom and probably gets a a delightful jolt of validation every time another showbiz chum ostracises him.

Oh I don't know where to put this but as this is about 90s comedians being batshit crazy on Twitter Emma Kennedy has today said she's considering standing as a mp.

king_tubby

Her increasingly interesting twitter feed is being sporadically discussed on the latest Corbyn thread.

This thread is probably the best place to put this.

I work for a library. We book a performer for Drag Queen Story Time. It's pretty much exactly what you'd expect; sparkly dresses and makeup, and some socially acceptable messages about different people being different.

Naturally this cannot be tolerated.

Tonight, the performer called Mama G sent a tweet asking people to DM him their email address if they wanted a colouring in sheet. Now, we can go back and forward about whether this was a smart thing to do, but what's remarkable is watching the subsequent Twitter pile on. Here come the self described radfems, and gender critical, and moral guardians,  and they've all immediately leapt from drag queen to paedophile. So far no one has tagged in Glinner but it can only be a matter of time.

I don't understand what they think they're doing. The confusion between drag queens and trangendered people and paedophiles reminds me of the attitudes to gay people in the 1970s and 80s. But it also seems like fantasy role playing. It's like they don't really believe drag queen paedos are praying on kids in plain sight but just for a moment they can join a gang , and send a tweet,  and pretend they are the last line of defence and better than those other people who don't care like they do.

Cuellar

One of the cuntiest things Glinner has tweeted during this meltdown (and that's saying something) was 'WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS??!' on a story about some drag queen booked to read at one of these things who turned out to be a paedo (or something).

Fucking Daily Mail 'they're all probably nonces aren't they' fucking bullshit cuntery. Cunt.

petril

he's never happy, even when he gets what he wants. goes on and on about men in dresses for an eternity, and when some men in dresses come to a library to read some stories for folk he throws a tantrum

Blue Jam

I wonder if any of those outraged parents have ever taken their kids to a panto...

phantom_power

It's like in their minds being trans is just a form of sexual deviancy and anyone who has one deviancy probably has loads of them and one of them is probably paedophilia. And it is easy for them to conflate drag queens with trans women because that is all they are anyway, right.

It is exactly like the "would you let your child be taught by a gay?" shit from the 70s and 80s where backwards twats kicked back against social progression because it scared and confused them

keir

It's the joy that really sickens me. The way that if some woman's sexually assualted in prison he's thinking [re: the assaulter] "please let it be a trans woman... please let it be a trans woman...." and if it is he yells "YESSSSS!" and does a little dance around the room.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: keir on August 07, 2019, 12:02:34 AM
It's the joy that really sickens me. The way that if some woman's sexually assualted in prison he's thinking [re: the assaulter] "please let it be a trans woman... please let it be a trans woman...." and if it is he yells "YESSSSS!" and does a little dance around the room.

He's Katie Hopkins hearing about some kind of violent incident and hoping it's a Muslim.

Barry Admin

Quote from: phantom_power on August 06, 2019, 11:46:17 PM
It's like in their minds being trans is just a form of sexual deviancy and anyone who has one deviancy probably has loads of them and one of them is probably paedophilia. And it is easy for them to conflate drag queens with trans women because that is all they are anyway, right.

It is exactly like the "would you let your child be taught by a gay?" shit from the 70s and 80s where backwards twats kicked back against social progression because it scared and confused them

This is precisely what they believe, with the likes of Posie Parker being very upfront about it. They cite Blanchard's theory of "autogynephilia", and insist it's all just about men pursuing a fetish, and wanting to engage in it in front of other people. This then explains why they want access to female spaces like bathrooms etc. It's because all men are fundamentally perverted.

Trans men? They don't care about them.

Blue Jam

RicoMNKN

Just discovered that some anti-trans people call drag "womanface".
I do wonder how many of these people are just troll accounts trying to shit-stir.

phantom_power

They are going to shit brix when they see that Primark sell Ru-Paul kids pyjamas

Blue Jam

I'd wear some RuPaul pyjamas. Do they do them in adult sizes?

Quote from: RicoMNKN on August 07, 2019, 09:58:35 AM
Just discovered that some anti-trans people call drag "womanface".
I do wonder how many of these people are just troll accounts trying to shit-stir.

They're not bothered about transmen, and they're also not bothered about drag kings.

Have any of these people even watched RuPaul's Drag Race? Imagine being such a miserable fucker you couldn't even enjoy a bit of Drag Race...

Blue Jam

This "beautiful, moving" article that Glinner retweeted reads disturbingly like Narcissistic Parenting 101: "My innocent little baby changed as soon as they grew up and developed a bit of individuality and escaped my sphere of influence". Ditto for the comments:

https://mobile.twitter.com/guessimafab/status/1158858259618566144

It reminds me of those parents who thought that being gay was "just a phase" their child would "grow out of".

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 07, 2019, 10:01:36 AM
Have any of these people even watched RuPaul's Drag Race? Imagine being such a miserable fucker you couldn't even enjoy a bit of Drag Race...

I can't imagine I would, but I solve this problem by not watching it and not being a cunt about it on Twitter.

Blue Jam

My point there is that drag isn't necessarily sexual- some drag queens do aim for a pretty and sexy look, yes, but there are lots of types of drag and some queens are more about the glamour or the comedy, singing or lip-syncing, impersonating female celebrities or being subversive and arty. The current Drag Race champion, Yvie Oddly, is more about being freaky and a bit scary- and showing that having a connective tissue disorder isn't going to stop her being successful and having fun. I'd consider her a more wholesome role model than these creeps fretting about wholly imagined sex acts in pantos.

Female drag ("bio queens", "faux queens") is another genre of Drag, but the TERFS don't care about that either.

Twed

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 07, 2019, 10:01:36 AM

Didn't RuPaul land himself in a bit of trans bother?

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/3/6/17085244/rupaul-trans-women-drag-queens-interview-controversy

I come away from this thinking it RuPaul has no malice in his intentions and is just clumsily navigating a complex society like most of us. Imagine having a microphone constantly shoved in your face and having to get things right every single time. And then compare that to being a big cunty old slice of ham with the rainbow sheen on it. A 'glinner'. That's what that ham sheen is called. glinnering.

phantom_power

Yeah, RuPaul was just trying clumsily to define the limits between "drag" and "trans" within the confines of his show rather than as an ideology or anything.

bgmnts

I know they're very much in vogue now with RuPaul but I will day drag queens are ace.

QuoteKill everyone now! Condone first degree murder! Advocate cannibalism! Eat shit! Filth are my politics, filth is my life

RicoMNKN

Quote from: Registering to lurk on August 06, 2019, 10:30:30 PM
Tonight, the performer called Mama G sent a tweet asking people to DM him their email address if they wanted a colouring in sheet. Now, we can go back and forward about whether this was a smart thing to do, but what's remarkable is watching the subsequent Twitter pile on. Here come the self described radfems, and gender critical, and moral guardians,  and they've all immediately leapt from drag queen to paedophile. So far no one has tagged in Glinner but it can only be a matter of time.

Surely the age of anyone who might want a colouring in sheet is way below the age of anyone who is on Twitter, or have an email for that matter.  Insane logic to assume the message is aimed at kids, not parents. 

I wonder what they'd make of the Krankies act?

Jockice

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 07, 2019, 11:04:36 AM
This "beautiful, moving" article that Glinner retweeted reads disturbingly like Narcissistic Parenting 101: "My innocent little baby changed as soon as they grew up and developed a bit of individuality and escaped my sphere of influence". Ditto for the comments:

https://mobile.twitter.com/guessimafab/status/1158858259618566144

It reminds me of those parents who thought that being gay was "just a phase" their child would "grow out of".

True fact. There was a Lisa Marchiano in my year at school. I'd totally forgotten about her until a couple of years ago when someone posted a picture of the first year class she was in on Facebook. We never associated with each other at all. I doubt very much if it's the same one though.

sponk

Just thinking about the irony in the fact that Glinner wrote for Brass Eye. He's often getting caught up in, or leading, hysterical, bigoted whirlwinds of nonsense that Chris Morris would have rejected for being too absurd for BE.