Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tool has arrived (on streaming services)

Started by Chuck Armstrong, August 02, 2019, 03:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: bgmnts on June 14, 2019, 12:17:31 PMAll I need now is Tool and i'm happy.

Eat, drink and be merry, young bgmnts.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/30/20746735/tool-music-spotify-apple-music-digital-streaming

QuoteAlongside the announcement of its first new album in over a decade, the rock band Tool has said that its catalog will finally be available to stream and to purchase digitally on August 2nd. In an Instagram post first spotted by Pitchfork, the band said its albums would available on "all digital and streaming formats," which is expected to include the likes of Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and Amazon Prime Music.

idunnosomename

Listened to opiate. Will be listening to an album a day to relive my late teens! Won't share my thoughts because no one cares.

Salival DVD for sale. anyone.

Head Gardener

Chriddof

I genuinely can't work out if that's real or not. The reason is that it's 2019.

I've never been able to take Tool seriously since someone here posted a tweet from the band's frontman; someone had told him that technically his wine (he has a vineyard, apparently) was vegan as it was just made from grapes, and so he replied with a photo of himself dropping a massive piece of bacon into a casket of it while flipping the bird, and wearing shades. It was the most petulant, teenagery thing I've ever seen.

Ornlu

Fantastic news. Been wanting this to happen for about six years.

Pauline Walnuts

Now out on signed vinyl for a mere $810 at their concerts.

You know when you get groups who earn millions, but due to poor/dodgy management end up with nothing and have to go on nostalgia tours when they're in the 70s? I hope that happens to this lot.

Kankurette

I like Tool, but that vinyl thing shows that Maynard wasn't kidding in Hooker with a Penis when he sang 'I'm the Man'. I mean, who spends that amount on a signed vinyl?

idunnosomename

Tool have always been gleefully ironic about fleecing their fans and getting away with it. The Tool Army website, the separate DVD singles for Schism and Parabol/Parabola, the over-elaborate packaging for 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum (with a shitty LCD screen in it or whatever). and investing so much time in their court case against Volcano rather than making music.

never paid for any of these personally. saw them for £12.50 back in 2001. yes!

The Mollusk

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 02, 2019, 10:11:21 PMSalival DVD for sale. anyone.

Were you asking if anyone wants to buy, or if anyone is selling? If it's the latter I'd be happy to sell mine.

idunnosomename

nah I was joking about selling mine. they're worth fifty quid tops, not really worth bothering. my plastic cover has yellowed quite badly too so it's hardly mint

The Mollusk

Yeah just dug mine out and the plastic outer casing is cracked in numerous places and there's a sizeable chunk broken off the corner, no point trying to sell it.

My brother in law is over from Sweden this week and he's a much bigger fan of them then me (I'm hardly a fan at all nowadays tbh) so might just gift it to him.

idunnosomename

I also really like Salival as a thing (also No Quarter is the best Tool song lol). It felt limited at the time - I actually tried to buy the VHS! - but it was wasn't overly expensive. the price of their arena tours now! sorry, no thanks. would rather see a tribute band, honestly. still think they're good but in the last thirty years they've hardly built up a catalogue like say, King Crimson did.

interesting EP, very good debut album, utter classic album 1, ultra classic album 2, bleh album, bleh album. their setlists are hardly inspiring either. hardly progressive.

Danny Carey is still a fucking amazing drummer though

The Mollusk

Damn dude get outta my head. I agree with every word you said there, including the bit about "No Quarter"!

boki

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 23, 2022, 11:15:36 PMI also really like Salival as a thing (also No Quarter is the best Tool song lol). It felt limited at the time - I actually tried to buy the VHS! - but it was wasn't overly expensive.
I did manage to get it on (NTSC) VHS - it'll still be in a box at my parents' house. I figure it's not gonna be easy to shift these days.

Cuellar

Delighted that I only own burnt cd copies of their albums

Pink Gregory

I listened to Tool literally once on Youtube, and then my recommended feed was suddenly featuring alt-right stuff.

imitationleather

The Tool store called, they've run out of you!!!

Magnum Valentino

I see Tool has recorded a new version of Opiate (song, not the whole EP). It's class - for free. The single is 35 fucking quid. Away and shite lads.

idunnosomename

Never did a video for Fear Inoculum then. Weird