Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Whither Buelligan ?

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, August 04, 2019, 12:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: NoSleep on August 04, 2019, 04:44:26 PM
It's from the motorcycle company Buell. Buelligan is a term for a fan of these machines (and I believe Buellers owns one).

SNAP, Johnny.

You're half right; it's because she's a big fan of twenties banjoist Buell Kazee.

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2019, 02:53:42 PM
No, because it's a pun on Bueller from Ferris Bueller.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 04, 2019, 02:55:33 PM
No, it isn't: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Buelligan

Quote from: NoSleep on August 04, 2019, 04:44:26 PM
It's from the motorcycle company Buell. Buelligan is a term for a fan of these machines (and I believe Buellers owns one).

SNAP, Johnny.

CHECK OUT THESE DUNCES

touchingcloth

It's because she likes bell ends and is dyslexic.

All joking aside, Buelligan is just the French version of Gilligan. As in, from the show "Buelligan's Island"

touchingcloth

All joking aside, she's dead.

PlanktonSideburns

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2019, 04:56:06 PM
Unbelievable.

It is. All this time and you didn't know. It seems they hand out Oxbridge degrees to anyone these days.

steve98

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 04, 2019, 02:44:49 PM
Rubbish. Buelligan and this poster have been fucking for some time.

Not true (Though I won't say she doesn't ardently wish it were so).

pancreas

Damn, Crab, looks like you got your pincers well and truly burnt in this little outing! Wouldn't want to be you right now!

Haha. I can't imagine how fuckin fast he searched for that link.

Maybe take a breath next time.

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2019, 05:43:51 PM

Poe's Law, innit. Wouldn't matter how long I gave it.

pancreas

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2019, 05:43:51 PM

No, but really, it is a bit embarrassing.

Haha. Johnny, mate. Take the L and bury it. It's no big deal.

If you want some sport, come and join us in the cricket thread.

And genuinely, I hope you're on the mend. My back was also fucked earlier this year. Took about an hour of exercises for about a month until I could sleep through without getting woken up by sharp pains. It was a disc thing. I could only manage about five or ten minutes at the start, though. One of the most uncomfortable and painful things at its worst so even if you don't understand when I'm joking or appreciate my humour, I have absolutely no ill feeling towards you and hope you get better soon.

pancreas

False pity, Johnny. He's trying to play you like a bartered Jews harp.

Suki Bapswent

The best thing anybody here can do is log out and never visit again.

touchingcloth

Crab has absolutely some ill feeling towards you.

I can't wait to see which of you comes out on top and gets to saunter into Buellers' cave.

imitationleather

She's hardly likely to read this if she has died so it's pointless for me to say, but I hope she's still alive.

However, if she has not died but has in fact just decided to fuck off from the forum then I hate her and wish she was dead.

Quote from: pancreas on August 04, 2019, 06:15:08 PM
False pity, Johnny. He's trying to play you like a bartered Jews harp.

Not this time, but I understand what you're saying.

Anyone with tinnitus or a bad back, I'm in their corner. I know how knackering and debilitating it is. I'm never putting the boot in on an injured man. Some of the worst times of my life.

See how mild my response was to his link? There's your proof.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 04, 2019, 02:44:49 PM
Rubbish. Buelligan and this poster have been fucking for some time.

Oh yeah, why's that then ?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2019, 06:01:47 PM
If you want some sport, come and join us in the cricket thread.

Thanks, but cricket is palliative care for people who don't realise they're dying. As is all sport. Sorry ;-p

QuoteAnd genuinely, I hope you're on the mend. My back was also fucked earlier this year. Took about an hour of exercises for about a month until I could sleep through without getting woken up by sharp pains. It was a disc thing. I could only manage about five or ten minutes at the start, though. One of the most uncomfortable and painful things at its worst so even if you don't understand when I'm joking or appreciate my humour, I have absolutely no ill feeling towards you and hope you get better soon.

It's true that I frequently can't tell when you're joking, but I'll take this at face value. Thanks for the kind words. My back's a lot better than it was, so at least I can leave the house these days. Sorry to hear you were in a lot of pain yourself and I hope you are on the mend too.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on August 04, 2019, 06:45:14 PM
Thanks, but cricket is palliative care for people who don't realise they're dying. As is all sport. Sorry ;-p

It's true that I frequently can't tell when you're joking, but I'll take this at face value. Thanks for the kind words. My back's a lot better than it was, so at least I can leave the house these days. Sorry to hear you were in a lot of pain yourself and I hope you are on the mend too.

Yeah, absolutely I mean it. That's a good step, anyway. I found when I could actually move around it started getting exponentially better.

As for sport, knowledge that this is all finite is one reason why it's so incredibly compelling and moving. Every moment is there to be seized and created spontaneously. You could say that it's the ultimate artistic expression of the eternal present, if you like sport. Cricket is a particularly acquired taste though, which is why we have to get the punters in with the AIDS chat, make it accessible.

Anyway, take it easy and good luck.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteShe's hardly likely to read this if she has died

Cos a woman rite

Sexist

Ferris

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 04, 2019, 02:53:42 PM
No, because it's a pun on Bueller from Ferris Bueller.

Not true, although "Buelligan" may have been rumbled as my (now dormant) sock account!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd like to see her cave. I find it interesting that she'd fuck off to the south of France and live in a cave. Pics of cave.

chveik

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on August 04, 2019, 06:17:48 PM
The best thing anybody here can do is log out and never visit again.

what are you waiting for then

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on August 04, 2019, 09:18:39 PM
You

Thorn in the forum's side. One Buelligan is worth a thousand sukis