Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:36:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is throwing a small child off a building ever morally justified?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 04, 2019, 06:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tonight on: TALKING POINT

A six-year-old boy was thrown five floors from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern art gallery in central London, police said.

He landed on a fifth floor roof and was taken to hospital by air ambulance after he fell at about 14:45 BST on Sunday.

The boy's condition is described as critical.

A 17-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, the Met Police said.

They said the six-year-old was thrown from a viewing platform.

But our question this evening: Might this have been done for a positive reason?

Small Man Big Horse

shiftwork2

Maybe the child was really annoying.  So we have to keep an open mind.

Poobum

He was just helping the child add to his wellspring of experience. I never had a multi storey fall when I was young and I've always regretted not having the perspective of being a bag of bone shards and agony.

sponk

This is the second time I have read about children being thrown off balconies in one day. Maybe the thrower had been rejected by women, as this man had:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48507130

This happened months ago and the kid has only just come out of intensive care. Really hope both of them pull through.

Blumf

What if the small child was a full grown Hitler, eh? Then what?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 04, 2019, 06:45:39 PM
Maybe the child was really annoying.  So we have to keep an open mind.

Here on TALKING POINT we always keep our minds open. Don't miss our special guests later in the show as they FaceOff™, sponsored by Colgate®

Mr Banlon

Thursday

Maybe the child was suicidal and the boy was helping him end his life. I feel like we should respect children's decisions to end their own life.

Small Man Big Horse

Replies From View

We're forgetting that it used to be perfectly normal for parents to leave their children locked in a car while they went into a pub for a pint and a piss.

In other words what seems extreme now might not always seem so bad.

touchingcloth

If you ever see a child and don't start looking for the nearest precipice you can hurl them off or blunt object to can use to open their worthless skull like a fucking coconut then you need to take a good long look at yourself.

darby o chill

Hi TALKING POINT! Love the show.
Maybe the 'child' was a midget paedophile?
Better safe than sorry I always say.

Please play anything by the ZZ Top.

Replies From View

What if this six year old was an infant Spider-Man that would lose its powers unless they were utilised as soon as possible?

Better to be safe than sorry that's what I say

touchingcloth

And I'm just going to say it and I don't care what anyone thinks: kids are the last taboo, yeah? No one likes humans, and humans who are tiny and can't speak and are content to spend their days stepped in their own piss and shit are objectively the worst humans, so what are parents thinking?

Blumf

Only thing that can stop a crazed teenager with a high viewing platform is a sane teenager with a high viewing platform!

Or a gun.

willpurry

You are prepared to cheat, to forge, to blackmail, to corrupt the minds of children, to distribute habit-forming drugs, to encourage prostitution, to disseminate venereal diseases—to do anything which is likely to cause demoralization and weaken the power of the Party? If, for example, it would somehow serve our interests to throw a small child from an art gallery —are you prepared to do that?

idunnosomename

Millionaire flat owners will be pleased thats the end of the viewing platform

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Maybe the kid was about to throw the teenager off of the same place. Self-defence, preemptive strike, shock and awe.

Also, ewww. Grim thread.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 04, 2019, 07:34:53 PM
And I'm just going to say it and I don't care what anyone thinks: kids are the last taboo, yeah? No one likes humans, and humans who are tiny and can't speak and are content to spend their days stepped in their own piss and shit are objectively the worst humans, so what are parents thinking?

you have had a really terrible experience of children which, unfortunately, spells the end for your own blood-line. so you'd've helped this deranged bloke chuck the tot, yes?

Kelvin

Wouldn't surprise me if The Boston Crab was arrested for doing this in six years.

Has the plummeted child got a tattoo shaped like three sixes?

steve98

f it was a Spanish goat being thrown from a Holy belltower it'd be different.

Twit 2

I love children but I could never attempt to murder a whole one.

Much better preparation for life than your millennial mollycoddling.