Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is throwing a small child off a building ever morally justified?

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 04, 2019, 06:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 04, 2019, 09:58:04 PM
Much better preparation for life than your millennial mollycoddling.

Deffo spree killer when he grows up

'That's my son,' shouted the mother, allegedly.  'Yeah, that's okay.  They're not relatives,' she would have added, with a grateful smile. if the boy had gone to someone else.

What if the two youths were trapped on the viewing platform with a paedophile disguised as a Modigliani? The 20% chance of surviving the fall was the obvious choice.

Cerys

What if the viewing platform was part of an M C Esher installation, and the teenager thought the kid would actually land on a higher level, giggling happily?

phes

I've seen before and after pics and it doesn't look like the same kid at all

*Stroking chin emoji*

QDRPHNC

kittens

very willing to write an exposé about this website for any major media outlet, so long as it is guaranteed to kickstart my career. pm for details.

garbed_attic

One of the first comments I saw on Twitter about it:

QuotePeople are so crazy, and more cruel these days..

I believe we just need to punish people harder..#instantInjection

kittens

for the crime of throwing a child to it's Doom from the viewing platform of the Tate Modern art gallery, you are sentenced to write a weekly blog about your feelings for 6 months culminating in a vlog in which you must admit to at least some small degree of guilt.

beggars belief honestly it does. in my day if a 16 year old threw a 6 year old from a ten storey building he would be sentenced to be thrown from a 100 storey building by a 160 year old man. but now they are issued xboxes and pills until they promise to watch less sky sports and spend an hour a day thinking about trans people.

Replies From View

Urinal Cake

Flouncer

I believe the correct verb is yeeted - "The small child was yeeted off the viewing platform."

Replies From View

I wonder whether anyone has ever thrown a small child off a building in order to 'bounce back' another small child being thrown from an opposite building.

Captain Z

We're always saying that if time travel ever becomes possible we'd know about it by now, perhaps this is the evidence we're looking for.

Replies From View

Here's a Brass Eye quote from Labour MP Neil Coyle: "Nearly 6 million visitors last year to Tate Modern and nothing like this has happened before."

Actually, wouldn't it make sense for all buildings with balconies overlooking sharp drops to have nets like those ones in prison for foiling suicide?

Cold Meat Platter

Replies From View

Quote from: lankyguy95 on August 05, 2019, 05:49:36 PM

You said it sometimes does but actually it never does, I'm afraid.

It's just one of those things in life that never does.

Uncle TechTip

This is like a Peter's Mad Thought played out for real. Don't tell me you didn't want to know what would happen! Well the answer is, it becomes national news etc.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 05, 2019, 06:12:38 PM
The child was French. Case closed.

Thanks for stopping by, that's all this time on TALKING POINT, hope you folks take care out there, have a great evening.

idunnosomename

Surprised it's taken this long for a precocious French child to be hurled from a great height in a major London tourist attraction

shiftwork2

Child is stable, thank Heavens.  No update on how annoying it was though?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 05, 2019, 08:11:54 PM
Child is stable, thank Heavens.  No update on how annoying it was though?

The main thing is it has learned not to do whatever it was presumably doing again. A win-win story, heartwarming and just.

Puce Moment

Something about those crying child paintings of the 70s but I can't find a way to make it work that doesn't make me feel awful.

imitationleather

pigamus

Were they recreating the famous scene from Titanic and it just went wrong?