Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Two mass shootings in America [split topic]

Started by jobotic, August 03, 2019, 10:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Urinal Cake

I think the GOP has decided Dayton cancels out El Paso and it's even now.  Since apparently Connor Betts the Daytona gunman was a leftist, Warren and Satan supporter.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 05, 2019, 08:09:42 AM

I wonder what point Keith is trying to make here? After all, he missed the flags of Vanuatu and Equatorial Guinea from his list

touchingcloth

One thing that confused me was a Walmartwitter that they put out saying the incident happened near "Walmart store #2201 and club #6502".

I tried to Google to see if they operate clubs, but the only hit I got was for a brand of steering wheel locks. And then I got more confused, because who other than my grandad in 91 has ever used one of those?

Blumf

Another victim:

https://new.blog.cloudflare.com/terminating-service-for-8chan/
QuoteThe mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio are horrific tragedies. In the case of the El Paso shooting, the suspected terrorist gunman appears to have been inspired by the forum website known as 8chan. Based on evidence we've seen, it appears that he posted a screed to the site immediately before beginning his terrifying attack on the El Paso Walmart killing 20 people.

8chan has crossed that line. It will therefore no longer be allowed to use our services.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

More juxtaposition. Not even mass shootings. Recorded police gun use against people.

Czech Police statistics of gun use against people:

2013: 5
2014: 2
2015: 3
2016: 8
2017: 1
2018: 3

Summary:

Czechia with a population of 10M people and 300K people with registered firearms has lower of police gun use against people than many small US towns.

idunnosomename

why is neil degrasse tyson so intent on cancelling himself

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1158074774297468928

AH but he was just posting FACTS! deal with it snowflakes. (which have six degrees rotational symmetry BITCHES!!!)

jobotic

Quote from: Blumf on August 05, 2019, 11:00:50 AM
Another victim:

https://new.blog.cloudflare.com/terminating-service-for-8chan/

Top snowflaking in the comments there.

Should we be prepared for an influx of new edgy right-wing trolls?

Cloud

Non whites shoot people: "evil, filthy animals"
Whites shoot people: "must be a mental illness"

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 05, 2019, 11:15:40 AM
why is neil degrasse tyson so intent on cancelling himself

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/1158074774297468928

AH but he was just posting FACTS! deal with it snowflakes. (which have six degrees rotational symmetry BITCHES!!!)

Thick as many scaffold planks laminated is that berk

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 05, 2019, 11:06:41 AM
More juxtaposition. Not even mass shootings. Recorded police gun use against people.

Czech Police statistics of gun use against people:

2013: 5
2014: 2
2015: 3
2016: 8
2017: 1
2018: 3

Summary:

Czechia with a population of 10M people and 300K people with registered firearms has lower of police gun use against people than many small US towns.

CZ is an interesting one because their firearms laws are so lax (and quite similar to the more permissive states in the US).

It isn't just the laws themselves (though they are obviously a huge part), there is also something uniquely American that causes this stuff - my money's on the apocalyptic news cycle they have. I think the mad laws are the tinder box, and the popular rhetoric is the spark but what do I know.

jobotic

Trump gives his condolences to the people of Toledo.

Ferris

Quote from: jobotic on August 05, 2019, 04:47:14 PM
Trump gives his condolences to the people of Toledo.

They probably know lots of people in Dayton so will pass the message on.

Cuellar

Apparently Joe Biden made a similar mistake.

Joe Biden, the hero of the left.

chveik

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS

bgmnts

Hopefully they'll shoot each other enough so only about 4% population remain, the smart people who can get rid of guns.

jobotic

BlodwynPig

Twed

Joe Biden is undeniably senile and it's hilarious because so many shitty people are banking on him.

Quote from: Cloud on August 05, 2019, 11:26:29 AM
Non whites shoot people: "evil, filthy animals"
Whites shoot people: "must be a mental illness"

Funny, cos I've been reading the exact opposite to that

#DontLookBackInAnger
*hugs*

Quote from: Mister Six on August 04, 2019, 01:17:11 PM
There were good people on both sides

Fake news, you poisonous cunt

Quoteyou had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

And you had people -- and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

Uncle TechTip

Sorry, but that's more vague. By posting Trump's rambling, barely coherent response, you've undermined the point you were making.

It exposes the divisive, race-baiting lie you have been peddling, and of course you don't like it

PlanktonSideburns

Thankfully the GOP are finally take this issue seriously. (This issue being violent video games.)

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 05, 2019, 06:39:19 PM
No it doesn't

yeah it does, if you can't see how that completely destroys the myth that he was saying that the white nationalists were "good people" then you're even further down the cult rabbit hole than I could've imagined

genuinely worried for you at this point tbh

xx

PlanktonSideburns

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on August 05, 2019, 06:43:01 PM
yeah it does, if you can't see how that completely destroys the myth that he was saying that the white nationalists were "good people" then you're even further down the cult rabbit hole than I could've imagined

genuinely worried for you at this point tbh

xx

Have a nut