Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What does “helch” mean?

Started by Ferris, August 05, 2019, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

I saw it on a motorway bridge leaving Bristol, but I'm not plugged into the UK mainstream.

Context: BORIS IS HELCH

It must mean "shit" right? Surely

Twed

Lordofthefiles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIt must mean "shit" right? Surely

Helch
noun
excrement

Synonyms for helch

crap
    poop
    shite
    BM
    defecation
    discharge
    dung
    total aids-call
    excrement
    excretion
    fecal matter
    feces
    feculence
    deuce
    manure
    number two
    stool
    waste

Pseudopath

He's a woefully-unimaginative, stylistically-destitute tagger who replaced this vintage bit of M25 graffiti...

...with this asinine aberration:

In other words, an absolute cunt.

dex

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 05, 2019, 10:27:06 PM
I saw it on a motorway bridge leaving Bristol, but I'm not plugged into the UK mainstream.

Context: BORIS IS HELCH

It must mean "shit" right? Surely

Yes, it is along those lines. Anyways if you passed that bridge a couple of weeks ago you would have seen some even better anti-boris graffiti heh!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: dex on August 06, 2019, 12:18:36 AM
Yes, it is along those lines. Anyways if you passed that bridge a couple of weeks ago you would have seen some even better anti-boris graffiti heh!

Since Neil banned me from saying that on here i had to find alternative ways to get the message across to the bovine masses

Ferris

Quote from: dex on August 06, 2019, 12:18:36 AM

Hang on, is this just some twat's way of making "helch" happen? Wait for graffiti to become borderline well known, then come along and (with the use of font purloined from the M25 graffiti) paint over it with their own shitty brand?

I'm perpetuating it, aren't I? Shit. Sorry.

petril

[tag]M. Khan falls off the radar[/tag]

shiftwork2

Yep the classic is, of course, M Khan Is Bent.  Never got to see it sadly.  Honourable mention to several decades of Pies-related efforts around the North West, 'The Pies The Pies', 'Vote Pies' and 'Pies This Is Your Time'.  Was never all that fond of Give Peas A Chance but this Helch twat really has taken a dump on it.

At this point I have to mention once again my friend James's's' Walthamstow graffiti spot of "PAUL IS GAY PIZZA."

gilbertharding

They've demolished the building now they're widening the A14, but this stood for years on the road out of Cambridge (just before you got to Bar Hill).

Knowing Britain in the 21st Century, someone will successfully petition for it to be replaced when the road is finished. When this happens, I hope someone writes on the other side "SMUG ENTITLEMENT welcomes careful drivers"

José

no idea but i'm acutely aware that a certain kyle harding is in fact an "AIDS BEAST"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Obviously there's AV U BIN 2 BAR SAMUI??? yet belta

Not quite graffiti but not far off

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newfolder/4243562723/

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Pseudopath on August 05, 2019, 10:43:04 PM
...with this asinine aberration

Makes me rage every time I see it.

Saw another 'Helch' mention on the M1 at the weekend near Milton Keynes. He's a big idiot.

Jittlebags

'Boris is helch' now surpases my previous favourite obscure meaning bridge graffiti - that being the enigmatic 'Robbo is Chode King' near Crewe.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 06, 2019, 11:46:55 PM
'Boris is helch' now surpases my previous favourite obscure meaning bridge graffiti - that being the enigmatic 'Robbo is Chode King' near Crewe.

Sublime

gib

From that reddit where there's a thread called 'Some twat painted over the M25 "GIVE PEAS A CHANCE" bridge graffiti'

QuoteApparently it is the "name" of the latest graffiti-er. Peas was the "name" of the original graffiti-er, who originally just wrote Peas on the bridge, someone else then added "give" and "a chance" at a later date.

a little more here https://www.reddit.com/r/britishproblems/comments/9hjf2p/some_twat_painted_over_the_m25_give_peas_a_chance/

shiftwork2

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 06, 2019, 11:46:55 PM
the enigmatic 'Robbo is Chode King' near Crewe.

This is a brilliant example of why these can work.  The enforced extreme brevity (who wants to be verbose hanging off a bridge at 2 in the morning) keeps it ultra-tight, and an element of mystery is squeezed out from the words.

Ferris

I've counted 2 more "HELCH" bridges southbound on the M1. Who is this twat?

jobotic

This was the best graffiti (transcribed on this picture - I've posted the photos before). Sadly gone.

I'm pleased to say that I can confirm what a poster on the last graffiti thread said - there is a tagger in South East London who goes by the name of "Anus".

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 08, 2019, 03:31:49 PM
I've counted 2 more "HELCH" bridges southbound on the M1. Who is this twat?

I'm glad other people are as irritated by this twat as I am. I've even fantasised about going out after dark and scrawling "is a dirty great paedo" underneath his stupid 'tag'.

non capisco

It's no BIG DAVES GUSSET, for sure.

Alberon

Quote from: Pseudopath on August 05, 2019, 10:43:04 PM
He's a woefully-unimaginative, stylistically-destitute tagger who replaced this vintage bit of M25 graffiti...

...with this asinine aberration:

In other words, an absolute cunt.

I still boil with rage when I drive under that.

Fuck Helch, and all who sail in him!

Pseudopath

Quote from: solidified gruel merchant on August 08, 2019, 05:22:45 PM
I'm glad other people are as irritated by this twat as I am. I've even fantasised about going out after dark and scrawling "is a dirty great paedo" underneath his stupid 'tag'.

You're obviously kinder than I am. I've fantasised about shoving him off a railway bridge and depositing him directly under the wheels of an oncoming Scania R440.