Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,191
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

20th Anniversary London meetup

Started by Mr_Simnock, August 07, 2019, 12:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What date should this be held?

21st Sept
2 (9.1%)
28th Sept
2 (9.1%)
5th October
1 (4.5%)
12th October
2 (9.1%)
An tSaoi
7 (31.8%)
Raoul Moat
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: September 27, 2019, 01:38:23 PM

Mr_Simnock

We need to make this happen. It should be this year, preferably before winter and at the Pendral Oak in London. 20 glorious years thanks to Neil, we should come together and celebrate, a lot of us owe a great deal to this place, lord knows how many characters have been formed thanks to it's influence.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Agreed, I will try to make this, would suggest the Saturday before Halloween and Penderels is obviously iconic for us. Did you need to book a space out for the 10th?

Ferris

Sherringford Hovis

Is the Oak dog-friendly?

I haven't been to a meetup in 12 years, the dog I brought last time has only been dead since 2017 but I still think he'd enjoy it.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 07, 2019, 12:39:46 PM
Agreed, I will try to make this, would suggest the Saturday before Halloween and Penderels is obviously iconic for us. Did you need to book a space out for the 10th?

At the moment any date is up for grabs (between now and say November). Whatever dates it's on I'll just get the train down in the morning and stay overnight. I don't think I need to earmark any particular date at this moment in time.

Chollis

^ some cracking drama in that thread!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Chollis on August 07, 2019, 02:42:26 PM
^ some cracking drama in that thread!

Yeah we could bring that back. Mind you, our hearts probably aren't as god damn healthy as they were back then. The Tories hadn't even got in.

Blinder Data

I would be interested in attending this momentous event

DrGreggles

I'll be there if I'm free that weekend.
If we're allowed to suggest dates 12/10 or 09/11 would probably work best for me.

Captain Crunch

king_tubby

Suki Bapswent

I remember being part of the 10th, but this place ain't what it was back then. "We could bring that back" is probably about the right (hopeful) sentiment.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on August 07, 2019, 07:17:20 PM
I remember being part of the 10th, but this place ain't what it was back then. "We could bring that back" is probably about the right (hopeful) sentiment.

Were you mook back then?

ZoyzaSorris

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Suki Bapswent on August 07, 2019, 07:17:20 PM

If you're going to spend your time at the meet saying that don't even bother turning up.

ZoyzaSorris

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 07, 2019, 09:03:56 PMWere you mook back then?

To the best of my knowledge mook never went to a meet, 10th Anniversary or otherwise.

I'll probably try to make this.

non capisco

BlodwynPig

Can we keep Cockney Geezer percentages below 70%? Terrifying species to Northerners

Dex Sawash

Have had a change of plans and now am able to post in this thread.

Golden E. Pump

I'd be interested if I can afford it.

dr_christian_troy

poo

dr_christian_troy

For purely selfish reasons, I vote for a Saturday in October or November (Python season at the BFI and the London Podcast Festival are both taking up weekends in September).

SteveDave

I would be interested in this event.

How do you know who's who? Or rather, how do you know what table contains the CaB people? Is there a noise I can make that'll alert folk?

Replies From View

Quote from: SteveDave on August 08, 2019, 09:45:13 AM

How do you know who's who? Or rather, how do you know what table contains the CaB people? Is there a noise I can make that'll alert folk?

We will recognise you by what you choose to graffiti on the walls of the gents.

DrGreggles

Quote from: SteveDave on August 08, 2019, 09:45:13 AM

Oh, you can tell. You can tell, my friend.

pancreas

If someone asks you if you've been involved in a road accident in the last 3 months and offers to get you compensation then that's probably Danger Man.

kittens

might come might not. what's it to you.