Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:38:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's good on Fourble (site archiving podcasts and radio shows)?

Started by sponk, August 07, 2019, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

fuck me I could survive on a desert island for a year with this site. Going to listen to all The Martin Beck tales.

badaids

The Kenneth Horne stuff from the 50s and 60s is absolutely brilliant still today. Round the Horne and Beyond Our Ken are on there somewhere. Great silly sketches and characters and loads of contributors who would go on the huge fame like Kenneth Williams.

Johnboy

great, thanks, that Tim Key's poetry is just the kind of thing I was after

Pink Gregory

Lenin of the Rovers seems to have disappeared.

Great site though, from memory I've done...

Down the Line
The Mark Steel Lectures
15 Storeys High
Lionel Nimrod's Inexplicable World
Peacock and Gamble
Jon Ronson On
Adam and Joe 6music
Adam Buxton's Big Mixtape
Alexei Sayle's Imaginary Sandwich Bar
Something about the British Isles with Elis James

Pretty great

Gurke and Hare

Key fans should probably check out Party, Radio 4 sitcom written by Tom Basden with Key, Katy Wix, Anna Crilly and another one whose name I can't remember. The thin premise about them starting a new political party is really just a frame to hang lots of Late Night Poetry Programme style bickering off.

Easiest way to do mass downloads I've found is to change the interval on the podcast feed bit to "all episodes at once" then paste the feed link into a podcast client.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Christ's Cock, I've not been so excited since radioarchive.cc was sadly lost to us.