Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euphoria (should've been called Youthoria) HBO

Started by Misspent Boners, August 07, 2019, 09:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Or better still Youthwhoreia wouldve been fitting.

Sometimes I get compelled to watch things that I have no business messing about with and this was definitely that...I knew next to nothing about it but for some reason was drawn to it and binge watched the first 4 episodes. And its weirdly very good in my opinion. Its a bleak and rather candid teen drama looking at the empty meandering experiences of a bunch of generation zed people; a bit like Skins. And like Skins Id say theres a bit more to it than you might first assume.

What I like is it isnt afraid to really slow things down and go very analytical in the study of its characters. Theres some fantastic turns by some talented young actors and parts about addiction and its nature rang true to me. Its also the most explicit and graphic programme I think thats ever been on telly in some ways. Ive never seen so many cocks onscreen before. I didnt flinch per se but can see how itd be very shocking to some. There was a bit where a massive fat guy is wanking his micropenis whilst crying which just made me like "i have never seen that before on telly"

We're not really its demographic so maybe no one will dig it but Im finding it weirdly compelling and very entertaining. Is it a honest portrayal of being a teen today? Probably not, all the glamorization and romanticism is there like skins but like skins it shows the ugly downward trajectories that inevitably transpire.

8 dicks out of 10

bgmnts

I'm going to assume this is basically just skins but even more unrealistic and shit? Not interested.

Quote from: bgmnts on August 07, 2019, 09:08:13 PM
I'm going to assume this is basically just skins but even more unrealistic and shit? Not interested.

Ok thanks for letting me know :)

bgmnts

No worries mate.

I do wonder who ARE the demographic for these youth oriented shows full of gratuitous drug use and sex though? Doesn't it make most young people feel really depressed and alienated like Skins did for me when I was a teenager? Is this for people who love personal drama and go to festivals? So many questions!

chveik

Quote from: Misspent Boners on August 07, 2019, 09:07:15 PM
There was a bit where a massive fat guy is wanking his micropenis whilst crying which just made me like "i have never seen that before on telly"

are you sure we're not its demographic?

Quote from: bgmnts on August 07, 2019, 09:15:43 PM
No worries mate.

I do wonder who ARE the demographic for these youth oriented shows full of gratuitous drug use and sex though? Doesn't it make most young people feel really depressed and alienated like Skins did for me when I was a teenager? Is this for people who love personal drama and go to festivals? So many questions!

Well to expand on what I said; yes there are a few aspect that feel like falsehoods...everyone happens to be incredibly goodlooking with impeccable fashion sense. Some characters have a comic book sensibility about them.

But this is a good tv show, with more depth than just drugs and sex. And vitally its just incredibly well put together like a novel, the main actress particularly is mesmerizing and I actually want to know whats going to happen next. Its appealing in both its silly melodrama and bleak realism so I wouldnt write it off just on assumptions

Dex Sawash

I fucking love Skins, wish they hadn't killed Freddy though.
Been meaning to watch this too.

There a multiple small penises scene in Patriot (amazon) that is very good.

Chollis

Started watching this last night, pretty good. The lead is great. Nothing like my teens of smoking weed and playing Halo 3 eh readers!? There are small penises on show but also big titties so it all works out OK.

Quote from: Misspent Boners on August 07, 2019, 09:07:15 PM
There was a bit where a massive fat guy is wanking his micropenis whilst crying which just made me like "i have never seen that before on telly"

Unfortunately I have seen that before on the telly (when it was turned off and I caught my own reflection once)

phantom_power

Zendaya is bloody great so I am considering watching for her alone. Lots of  wangs can only increase my interest

Chollis

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Chollis on August 09, 2019, 10:32:32 AM
This is much better than Skins.

Careful mate.

Freddy's memory there.

(and some of the dead ones I didn't care so much about)

Quote from: Misspent Boners on August 07, 2019, 09:07:15 PMThere was a bit where a massive fat guy is wanking his micropenis whilst crying which just made me like "i have never seen that before on telly"

Signal must have cut out, turn your monitor back on

jsgibble

It reminded me of Gen 3 of skins, if anything. I only watched the first episode though so maybe it got better

biggytitbo

Piggyoioi

Been binging this Dawson's Creek with Tits. Started off strong, gradually losing interest the more I learn about the characters.

Glebe

Thought this was the Euphoria thread in HSART heh, ignore.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Piggyoioi on August 11, 2019, 05:20:11 PM
Been binging this Dawson's Creek with Tits. Started off strong, gradually losing interest the more I learn about the characters.

And what a pair. Up there with JLC in Trading Places.