Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Started by bgmnts, August 07, 2019, 11:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Has anyone played this absolute cunt of a game? It's testing my patience but I can't seem to stop, it's possibly a signing of my ever decreasing cognitive abilities at the ripe old age of 26 but christ on a cock it's absurdly difficult.

If anyone has completed this game, or got far in it, let me know how you did it, without some kind of Faustian deal with dark forces.

Cheers.

PS having to control multiple characters in real time is the absolute pits.

samadriel

It is bloody hard, isn't it. One reason I didn't like this as much as Commandos 2 (play that if you haven't before, it's the king of the genre, and there's a nice patch that makes it behave well on modern resolutions), is that so many guards have eyes on one another, there's not much flexibility in what you can do, and you have to abuse the outer limits of the AI.  Once you've finally dug a hole in their defenses, things open up a little, and I like the characters' movesets, but really I just don't like the level design much, and level design is meant to be part of the joy with these stealth games.

I got as far as that level where it's raining and you're hidden in large areas of long grass, but for some reason enemies can see you sometimes, or maybe they can hear you wading in the water, fuck knows, you can't see which bits are water with all the grass in the way.

I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll probably buy their new Desperados game when I've got some spare cash.