Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Beards out for the lads, it's ArcTanGent 2019!

Started by boki, August 08, 2019, 05:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boki

Who else is getting STOKED for the highlight of the UK Post-This/That-Rock/Whatevercore/ calendar, then?

I mean, just bloody LOOK at it.  I don't think there's anybody I don't want to see on the Thursday, how's that gonna work.  Might just die or summat.

sevendaughters

if 18 year old me was around now, he'd be having the time of his life.

36 year old me would happily watch Daughters, Gnod, and Cocaine Piss and retire to a deckchair.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: boki on August 08, 2019, 05:00:25 PM
I don't think there's anybody I don't want to see on the Thursday, how's that gonna work.  Might just die or summat.

You have got to be off your fucking rocker if you're going to this thing and passing an opportunity to see Daughters. One of the most intimidating live acts I've seen in ages, certainly this year. Utterly brilliant. I know we spoke about their album last year and you said it wasn't quite your cup of tea, but seriously, if my words don't persuade you then our Asian acquaintance who's also going is sure to drag you there.

non capisco

^ He's right, y'know. They're positively Mephistophelian!

lankyguy95

If I had money and less anxiety I'd be all over this.

Black Peaks with Jamie Lenman standing in on vocals sounds great.

boki

Quote from: alan nagsworth on August 08, 2019, 07:28:49 PM
You have got to be off your fucking rocker if you're going to this thing and passing an opportunity to see Daughters. One of the most intimidating live acts I've seen in ages, certainly this year. Utterly brilliant. I know we spoke about their album last year and you said it wasn't quite your cup of tea, but seriously, if my words don't persuade you then our Asian acquaintance who's also going is sure to drag you there.
Oh yeah, I do intend to catch them, although I'll be sad at not seeing AK/DK.  Haven't actually given the Daughters album a decent listen yet, cos I've not really been in the right frame of mind for it yet.  Seeing them live will be the right kind of setting, I think, especially as it's often overcast as fuck at ATG.

Quote from: lankyguy95 on August 08, 2019, 09:56:50 PMBlack Peaks with Jamie Lenman standing in on vocals sounds great.
Yeah, I'm going to check that out.  Black Peaks haven't really clicked with me yet, but I'm definitely a Lenfan.

niat

Yes, I am STOKED and will be attending (VIP tickets, mate). I went for a day last year and loved it, so had to do the full weekend this time round.

Mike Vennart is playing with the Beft (Tribute to Dan Wild-Beesley) first up on the main stage on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that a lot.

Black Peaks with Jamie Lenman should be awesome, as will Physics House Band, Three Trapped Tigers, Meshuggah, Car Bomb, etc. etc. etc.

I'm intrigued by the "Special Secret Guests" (I've got a theory that it'll be Oceansize as Vennart made comments recently that he hadn't been offered enough money and that ArcTanGent was a case in point. When they mentioned the secret guest on Twitter he replied with "Is it me?". Probably barking up the wrong tree but that would be amazing.

This is really useful for planning your weekend: https://clashfinder.com/s/arctangent2019/

boki

Quote from: niat on August 09, 2019, 02:36:36 PMMike Vennart is playing with the Beft (Tribute to Dan Wild-Beesley) first up on the main stage on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to that a lot.
Oooh, didn't realise that, although I'd be going to that set anyway.  Feel sorry for Ithaca having to go on at the same time. 

Oceansize would be amazing for the special guest slot (and would kinda make sense seeing as Mike still plays with Steve and Gambler), kinda curious that it comes just after they retired Music For A Nurse from the Vennart live set, though.