Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:03:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Armageddon again

Started by BlodwynPig, August 09, 2019, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Uk wide power cut, cities down

bgmnts

I have a laptop mwahahahahaha

Alberon

Power is still okay here, but then Reading isn't a city.

It really is the end times, isn't it?

Blumf

Power's still up here, but I won't let that stop me from killing and eating people.

BlodwynPig

Revised to london and SEast but colleague said newcastle was down

Norton Canes

Norton Canes

Don"t worry it's just a Brexit drill

BlodwynPig

Manchester down! All trains cancelled

Pseudopath

Quote from: bgmnts on August 09, 2019, 05:36:16 PM
I have a laptop mwahahahahaha

Not much use without WiFi, mate.

Alberon

Blackouts also reported in the North East, according to the BBC. Though how they can tell this is different from the everyday howling misery of the north I don't know.

BlodwynPig

Im going to be stuck in York for the night without medication arent i - the Manchester meet is still on!

bgmnts

Quote from: Pseudopath on August 09, 2019, 05:54:48 PM
Not much use without WiFi, mate.

Not played Solitaire then, mate?

Blumf

bgmnts

If power went down, what was powering the graphs?

BlodwynPig

No food all day, beer spilled all over me, cancelled trains, failed to meet my hero Paul Calf... a good day spoiled by Broken Britain

Oh, and fire on train

Thursday

Blumf

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1159872486487601152
ITV News @itvnews

Have you captured the impact of the #powercut in your area?

Well, have you. Have you got the impact in a little cage? Is it trapped in a mouse trap?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on August 09, 2019, 06:04:15 PM
If power went down, what was powering the graphs?

Quim a pudenda, gashish, fanny, punani

BlodwynPig

Some small minded dickhead moaning about train drivers going on holiday whilst not thinking that absent drivers might be because their incoming train has also been cancelled. I made the joke from up thread about the power cut being a Brexit stress test and he said i was a hypocrite. Hope he never reaches Paulton.

weekender

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 09, 2019, 06:34:06 PM
Quim a pudenda, gashish, fanny, punani

So all we need to do is work out a way to store steam and then use it?

Ambient Sheep

Odd.  I'm currently in Hertfordshire just outside London and had no inkling of this; the lights didn't even flicker and the internet remained connected the whole time.

Must be in an island of stability.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 09, 2019, 07:00:30 PM
Odd.  I'm currently in Hertfordshire just outside London and had no inkling of this; the lights didn't even flicker and the internet remained connected the whole time.

Hmm

Ferris

I'm in stoke newington dodging lightning strikes and you'll be relieved to know my power is also absolutely fine

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 09, 2019, 07:04:31 PM
I'm in stoke newington dodging lightning strikes and you'll be relieved to know my power is also absolutely fine

I'll bet you'll be glad when UK Odyssey is over and return to sanity

H-O-W-L

Not a proper armageddon, I still have to go to work tomorrow. Not arsed, mate, cigs.

weekender

On a slightly related note, I live next to a fairly old underground BT exchange which, if I have understood the planning conditions of my apartment correctly, may currently actually be being used as a back-up phone cable-based network in the event of some sort of disaster.

There's also an underground link - you can see the links if you investigate - to a fuel storage area.  That has now allegedly been buried, but it's still physically there, as are other potential links.

That's enough for today.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 09, 2019, 07:06:05 PM
I'll bet you'll be glad when UK Odyssey is over and return to sanity

Yup. The UK's nice, but you wouldn't want to live there.