Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:20:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GLOW Season 3

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, August 09, 2019, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Watching it now, don't watch a lot of stuff nowadays but I'm enjoying this. Good shit, better than season 2. Is anyone else watching

Ja'moke

I've seen the first three. It's a very watchable show. Great cast. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the will-they-won't-they stuff with Ruth and Sam, it just doesn't feel right.

(I'm also recapping it if anyone cares: https://www.tvinsider.com/802306/glow-season-3-premiere-recap-up-up-up/ )

Lordofthefiles

Which cast member is contractually obliged to show their tits this season?

McChesney Duntz

All of them by the looks of it, I'm on the last episode now. What's annoying is that that it does that Netflix thing of being too languid with the pacing, and then when they set up dramatic cliffhangers at the end of episodes they rarely pay them off until ages later. Some of the character stuff is so subtle that it rewards intensive continuous viewing, but then the episodes are structured in a way that often negates that carefully built momentum. It's a bit weird

What is the deal with the nudity on the show, obviously I don't object, but how exactly does it square with the overall tone of female empowerment and stereotype busting that the show loudly signals? It has rarely felt strictly necessary, maybe a sex positive note is the intended one? Just looks like beautiful women needlessly getting their kit off half the time. I don't want to think that it's a cynical thing to sell the show, but maybe it is? I am genuinely a bit baffled by it

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 09, 2019, 09:07:08 PM
I've seen the first three. It's a very watchable show. Great cast. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the will-they-won't-they stuff with Ruth and Sam, it just doesn't feel right.

(I'm also recapping it if anyone cares: https://www.tvinsider.com/802306/glow-season-3-premiere-recap-up-up-up/ )

I've only seen the first one but did enjoy it a lot, though I've the same issue with the Will They / Won't They thing, too many other shows have done it and there's just no need when there's so many other interesting things they can do with the characters.

wooders1978

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 09, 2019, 10:00:40 PM
What is the deal with the nudity on the show, obviously I don't object, but how exactly does it square with the overall tone of female empowerment and stereotype busting that the show loudly signals? It has rarely felt strictly necessary, maybe a sex positive note is the intended one? Just looks like beautiful women needlessly getting their kit off half the time. I don't want to think that it's a cynical thing to sell the show, but maybe it is? I am genuinely a bit baffled by it

I think it's a feminism thing - body proud etc and I'm all bloody for it

Yeah that's definitely what I think it all is, a show about living and working in feminine bodies not shying away from the actuality of that body

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 09, 2019, 09:53:39 PM
All of them by the looks of it, I'm on the last episode now. What's annoying is that that it does that Netflix thing of being too languid with the pacing, and then when they set up dramatic cliffhangers at the end of episodes they rarely pay them off until ages later. Some of the character stuff is so subtle that it rewards intensive continuous viewing, but then the episodes are structured in a way that often negates that carefully built momentum. It's a bit weird

Haven't watched the new season yet, love the show though. Just popping in to say I enjoy the word "languid" and appreciate any usage of it.

Gulftastic

Loved it again. The lass playing the Wolf one was dynamite, I thought.

Glad that Ruth and Blokey didn't end up together.

What was the point of his heart attack?

Bently Sheds

I found it odd that they made such a big deal about Ruth getting back from her big audition to perform with Sheila at the AIDS benefit and then when she didn't it was just handwaved away with one line of dialog in the following episode.

Geena Davis is looking good for her age.

Me and Mrs Tooth binged this yesterday. Really enjoyed it but I agree there did seem to be a lot of plot threads set up in this run that ultimately went unexplored. Maybe trying to buck the old Netflix curse of "three seasons max then you're out on your arse" by carrying a lot of storylines into Season 4?

Blinder Data

This is show is funny because it's not that funny, kind of boring at points, some of the acting is really bad (e.g. Kate Nash), but I keep watching it. I fancy all of the women and want to hang around with them as much as possible, like a secret surrogate member of the gang. I even love Maron in it, even though his acting skills are shown up occasionally.

Strange, enjoyable show.

Gulftastic

Netflix cunts. Glad I don't pay for it.

up_the_hampipe

Why can't they just put it on hold until production can resume? Don't need to get rid of it entirely. I'm sure we can wait until 2022.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It was due to be the final season, so it's possible the cast may have signed up for new shows. Whether said shows manage to get underway is anybody's guess.