Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why are sports pictures so grotesque?

Started by pancreas, August 10, 2019, 12:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

Boxing, not a surprise:

But cricket?

Why is he being stabbed in the cunt as he runs?

Football:

This man is going to be booted in the cunt. Why do we want to see this?

^ This one you can basically see his penis, and it looks from his face like he's trying to force a shit out of it.

Why so many teeth?

Tennis:

This woman has clearly just seen her children's heads be severed by ISIS.

^ Just been given a diagnosis of leukaemia.

I mean, I could go on.

pancreas

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Each ball represents a prostitute, while the pockets, well, let's not go into the pockets.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

petril

Alberon

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Who can forget this classic that no-one saw at the time or ever recollect?

wosl

pancreas

Endicott

wosl

Quote from: pancreas on August 10, 2019, 01:37:08 PM
^  not really what I had in mind.

Soz gaffer; I thought you might give us a bit of a free role in the middle of the park with 'grotesque'.

pancreas

Quote from: wosl on August 10, 2019, 01:58:52 PM
Soz gaffer; I thought you might give us a bit of a free role in the middle of the park with 'grotesque'.

No problem, lad, I'm sure you'll do great in this thread. You just didn't realise that the compass is really quite narrow here. Looking for gurning, spilt genitals, veins on the brink of rupture, that sort of thing. See how you get on today and free to PM me with a draft if you'd like some comments before your next post.

Of course my question remains untackled: why we want to see these things? I understand about the genitals obviously—everybody loves a genital—but it seems that the consumers of sports pictures don't exactly want to see blithe gambolling, do they? They want to see strife and torture and horror and war and broken things. Perhaps some fans of The Sports could explain themselves and whether they think The Sports is turning them into a neanderthal.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreasit seems that the consumers of sports pictures don't exactly want to see blithe gambolling, do they? They want to see strife and torture and horror and war and broken things.

Not really, it's about a contest. Who is going to do one thing better than someone else? It is the physical requirements to achieve that outcome that create the by-product, grotesquery, and sometimes violent nastiness.

If you look at indoor bowls, one can succeed without grotesque physical contortions. David Gower in his prime made the art of batting look graceful. You don't even get to see what faces racing drivers are pulling as the g-forces tear at their human skin, and thank goodness for that.

pancreas

It's not exactly pretty. I mean: wouldn't.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He looks like he's trying to get it to come towards him, so is obviously still learning the game, which is very much based on getting the item to move away from you.

Endicott

The ball is clearly placed in that photo, so I have no problem with it.

Dex Sawash

wosl

Shoulders?-Stomach!

More distressing than the ballsacks somehow

And another one. Squat: the king of exercises.