Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in his cell [split topic]

Started by Zetetic, August 10, 2019, 02:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murder or suicide?

Suicide
31 (35.6%)
Murder
11 (12.6%)
Yes
9 (10.3%)
Who cares, as long as the investigation continues and we expose some evil bastards
9 (10.3%)
OR SOMETHING MORE SINISTER
2 (2.3%)
Prison's too good for him. What about jail?
4 (4.6%)
Murdered by the King of the Nonces
2 (2.3%)
Raoul Moat
13 (14.9%)
Accidental death due to a Hutchence Tug
1 (1.1%)
GORDON'S ALIVE
3 (3.4%)
Brooooooken neckbones (and some home fries)
1 (1.1%)
I love nonces yeah, some of my best friends are 100% nonce
0 (0%)
Toby Young, Gifted and Nonce
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

They found him with his wrists slashed not too long ago! If he wasn't on suicide watch then what the fuck was going on? It's so transparent. The arrogance of this. Genuine Chinatown shit

bgmnts

"This is the one thing we didn't want to happen".

biggytitbo

The least conspiratorial possibility is they allowed him to kill himself isn't it?

Zetetic

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 10, 2019, 02:48:43 PM
If he wasn't on suicide watch then what the fuck was going on?
He might well have been, but I suspect that "suicide watch" doesn't have to mean constant eyesight. It's possible that "suicide watch" meant checking on him every 15 minutes, or less often still.

Thursday

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 10, 2019, 02:48:35 PM
Jumping right to the conspiracy theories instead of the possibility than an outed nonce would rather die than face consequences.

Everyone is aware of this possibility, which is why they've gone to "he would obviously have been on watch"

Cuellar

Probably. Surely he was on 'suicide watch', but how much are some guards gonna care about an industrial strength nonce offing himself. Good riddance, they might think.

chveik

Quote from: Zetetic on August 10, 2019, 02:52:33 PM
He was, but I suspect that "suicide watch" doesn't have to mean constant eyesight. It's possible that "suicide watch" meant checking on him every 15 minutes, or less often still.

aren't they supposed to remove all sorts of objects that could help him kill himself?

besides, we're talking about an high security prison, with cctv and so on

jobotic

Maybe they didn't watch him every minute but leaving that noose and footstool in there with him?

This is as blatant as the coup here. They are saying to our faces "yeah, what are you gonna do about it?"

imitationleather

imitationleather

If you're on suicide watch you're in a completely empty cell and observed 24/7. But a really depressed person will always find a way. x

biggytitbo

When it comes to whodunnit, I'm reminded of the end of Murder on the Orient Express.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Thursday on August 10, 2019, 02:52:54 PM
Everyone is aware of this possibility, which is why they've gone to "he would obviously have been on watch"

Didn't know suicide watch had a 100% success rate.

Quote from: chveik on August 10, 2019, 02:54:26 PM
aren't they supposed to remove all sorts of objects that could help him kill himself?

My thoughts exactly, how on earth does he have the means to quickly hang himself

Endicott

Zetetic

Quote from: imitationleather on August 10, 2019, 02:57:21 PM
If you're on suicide watch you're in a completely empty cell and observed 24/7.
This DoJ document from 1995 provides a sample suicide prevention policy on page 78 (page 86 in the PDF), that specifies 4 levels of response.

Only the top level specifies "one-to-one constant attention" (and even then only while you think the person is awake...). It would be extremely odd if a prison or a mental health hospital or any such institution had only one level of increased observation in response to suicide risk - setting aside that it's not particularly great for lots of people's mental health to have someone staring at them 24/7, it's massive amount of staff time to dedicate to one person.

I do note that all of the levels do involve removing objects that would make it easier for the person to kill themselves.

Edit: And the top 2 suggest that the person should be moved to a mental health facility, I note. That Epstein was returned to prison also implies a (earnest or otherwise) assessment of lower risk.

Cuellar

Quote from: Endicott on August 10, 2019, 03:00:34 PM
What about his blackmail list? Wait and see?

Yeah wasn't he meant to have some sort of fail-deadly

The craziest thing is it's being reported that his wrists were slashed with a decorative medieval halberd bearing the British royal seal.

How did they let him have that in his cell?!

sponk

I'm sure people are saying he was murdered to keep him quiet. Great plan as he obviously wouldn't have thought that might happen and left all the incriminating evidence with a lawyer or trusted friend to release if he was murdered.

Konki

Quote from: Flouncer on July 16, 2019, 02:47:25 PM
If he does end up facing some kind of legitimate punishment - and I still suspect he'll get bail and be allowed to do a runner or something along those lines - I would fully expect him to be found hung in his cell so he doesn't have the opportunity to drop anyone else in it.

Just catching up on this thread and this from Flouncer jumped out.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Endicott on August 10, 2019, 03:00:34 PM
What about his blackmail list? Wait and see?

I imagine they've spent the last month cleaning up in his houses and island.
How long can Maxwell stay standing... unless she's been helping!

Endicott

I'm reminded of the episode of Gomorrah where the corrupt accountant is given the option of suicide or the torture and murder of his family. Except I can't really think of anyone close to Epstein who could be used like that. Ghislaine?

Thomas

Apology just in from Epstein's prison guards:

'We're sorry. We thought "suicide watch" meant "watch him commit suicide".'

Captain Z

Perhaps this 'suicide watch' is something that automatically slashes your wrist at a set time.

imitationleather

Quote from: Thomas on August 10, 2019, 03:14:29 PM
Apology just in from Epstein's prison guards:

'We're sorry. We thought "suicide watch" meant "watch him commit suicide".'

Perk of the job?

Well they can't stop everybody from committing suicide. Sometimes the most high-profile prisoner in the country who already just attempted suicide once will slip through the cracks.

Thomas

News just in: tapes and documents at his mansion have also been found hanged. Buried at sea.

NoOffenceLynn

He got away with it. And so did they.

Grim, but not surprising.

Anyway it's kind of good that he's dead because he was a cunt and he was clearly still doing crimes, but on the other hand it's bad because he was the nexus of an elite ring of billionaire rapists, the full extent of which will probably now never be known, and they will all walk free regardless. But you can't have everything in life I suppose

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on August 10, 2019, 03:23:34 PM
it's bad because he was the nexus of an elite ring of billionaire rapists, the full extent of which will probably now never be known, and they will all walk free regardless.

Pretty difficult not to focus on this aspect right now.