Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:58:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeffrey Epstein found dead in his cell [split topic]

Started by Zetetic, August 10, 2019, 02:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murder or suicide?

Suicide
31 (35.6%)
Murder
11 (12.6%)
Yes
9 (10.3%)
Who cares, as long as the investigation continues and we expose some evil bastards
9 (10.3%)
OR SOMETHING MORE SINISTER
2 (2.3%)
Prison's too good for him. What about jail?
4 (4.6%)
Murdered by the King of the Nonces
2 (2.3%)
Raoul Moat
13 (14.9%)
Accidental death due to a Hutchence Tug
1 (1.1%)
GORDON'S ALIVE
3 (3.4%)
Brooooooken neckbones (and some home fries)
1 (1.1%)
I love nonces yeah, some of my best friends are 100% nonce
0 (0%)
Toby Young, Gifted and Nonce
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 04, 2019, 12:24:10 AM
Today I learnt that Prince Andrew has a golf tournament for children named after him.

(from https://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew-engagements-in-northern-ireland-cancelled-in-wake-of-epstein-scandal-11801621)

I misread that and thought you meant only kids named "Prince Andrew" could take part.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on September 05, 2019, 02:41:20 PM
I misread that and thought you meant only kids named "Prince Andrew" could take part.

They've all named Prince Andrew by the time he's finished with them.

marquis_de_sad

Has anyone made a caught red handed joke? If not it's still probably not worth it to be honest.

kngen

I can also recommend TrueAnon, hosted by an acquaintance of mine, Brace Belden (the anarcho-punk kid who ended joining the YPG to fight in the Syrian Civil War). It's definitely fairly up there on the wackadoodle conspiracy meter at times, and can go from hilarious to horrifying in seconds, but there's some really interesting details in there, too. I thought that I was pretty clued up on the whole PROMIS scandal, but I had no idea Robert Maxwell was the one hawking it to various governments on behalf of Mossad.

I'd imagine the NYT's one to be a more sober affair by a considerable margin.

Hank Venture

TrueAnon is good, Brace is funny. Also I'll be dropping the NYT one as it is hosted by a hack who does paid speaking gigs for Wall Street   

Urinal Cake

Yes TrueAnon is quite good- very loose willing to go off in interesting tangents etc. But sometimes that vocal fry....

PlanktonSideburns

Bennett Brauer

The so-called Daily so-called Mail is claiming Epstein, Maxwell G and Harvey Weinstein were at Windsor Castle for Princess Beatrice's 18th birthday party.

I hate to rush to judgement and I hope they all had a nice time.

Zetetic

MIT Media Lab now embroiled in this.

Epstein was on MIT's banned donor list. The Media Lab took Epstein's cash - which seems to have had direction attached at times - anonymously. Emails show that Joi Ito, the director, was personally involved. Epstein was also supposedly involved in organising donations from people like Bill Gates.

A petition in support of Ito was put up. Then had a disclaimer added. Then was taken down.

(To be clear, the issue is that the donations, even, anonymously are alleged to have been part of Epstein's purchase of ... credibility and respectability, and the violation of MIT policy.)

Wonder if any UK universities have done similar.

BlodwynPig

No doubt Oxford, festering breeding ground for ingrates

Noonling

FAMOUS AND/OR POWERFUL PEOPLE IN INTERACTION SHOCKER!

sponk

Quote from: Noonling on September 08, 2019, 10:56:10 AM
FAMOUS AND/OR POWERFUL PEOPLE IN INTERACTION SHOCKER!

Yeah that was my point. Biggy et al showing pictures of people with Epstein or her thinking it proves they're nonce really pisses me off.

touchingcloth

Quote from: sponk on September 08, 2019, 11:15:57 AM
Yeah that was my point. Biggy et al showing pictures of people with Epstein or her thinking it proves they're nonce really pisses me off.

You can't tell because of the way it's been cropped, but just out of shot there's an 18 month boy sucking Roger's pink Floyd.

QDRPHNC

Cuellar

touchingcloth

Absorb the anus burn

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Cuellar on September 08, 2019, 02:13:01 PM
How the hell do you pronounce Ghislaine

Gill-laine, with a hard G, I'd always supposed.  But I could well be wrong.

Would love to know why her and Waters were having a conflab.  (So many jokes, all of them lame.)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 08, 2019, 02:33:12 PM

Would love to know why her and Waters were having a conflab.  (So many jokes, all of them lame.)

That was at a book event. I'm sure she gets a mention in some Floyd biographies.

Pseudopath

I believe it's a French name, so the pronunciation is Jziss-len (the first sound is halfway between a 'j' and a 'sh').

touchingcloth

(So many jokes, all of them lame.)

They're coming all the same.

QuoteMoney, get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a pair of tiny child's hands on my cock. I've heard you can arrange that sort of thing? Interested.

Cuellar

Right, ok.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Cuellar on September 08, 2019, 02:54:08 PMRight, ok.

Nah, listen to Pseudopath, they've probably got it right.  Ghislaine's Mum was French, after all.

Then again, I just looked at her Wikipedia entry and it says:

Quote/ˌɡiːˈleɪn, -ˈlɛn/ ghee-LAYN, -⁠LEN

so maybe she's not saying it the French way after all.

I also found this, which might explain some things:

QuoteMaxwell had an unusually close relationship with her father and was widely credited with being her father's favourite child.  The Times reported that Robert Maxwell did not permit Ghislaine to bring her boyfriends home or to be seen with them publicly, after she started attending the University of Oxford.

:-(

Paul Calf

Quote from: Cuellar on September 08, 2019, 02:13:01 PM
How the hell do you pronounce Ghislaine

Ghislaine Poirirer, the Canadian bounce-le-gros MC/DJ pronounces it Ghiz-len, with a very soft 'g'.

Ambient Sheep

Yeah I think that's the way you're supposed to say it, as Pseudopath says, but it seems that Ms. Maxwell might not.

I can well imagine Cap'n Bob not giving a flying fuck about how his wife might have wanted it pronounced.

touchingcloth