Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

places in the UK you have never been to

Started by Gregory Torso, August 10, 2019, 10:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Icehaven

BlodwynPig

Gregory Torso

I can tell this is going to be good thread

chveik

canadagoose

Cardiff
Norwich
Bristol
Actually, anywhere in the West Country or East Anglia
Northern Ireland
Orkney
Shetland
Leeds
Hull
Clowne
Kent
Stranraer

Honestly, I don't know which one I'd go to first, but I'm curious about NI. Got to be worth a look.

imitationleather

I will kill anyone who has not been to Newcastle.

I've not been to fucking Norwich.

imitationleather

If you've not been to Belfast keep out of my way. This is a friendly warning, but it could turn unfriendly.

I've never been to errrrrr... One of those shit Midlands places. Wolverhampton, that's one.

Gregory Torso

I'd love to go to the islands, theres about a one hundred of them, has anyone done the islands? Tiny little bit maps. Like that weatherman molestor on This Morning who could jump around the kingdom. Anyone done an island (not Man or Manx that shit sucks) something off the grid

imitationleather

Gregory Torso

shiftwork2

Cardiff too.  Why haven't I been there?  Bonkers.

Also: most of the south coast resorts west of Brighton.  The West Country also has patchy coverage.

Not much excuse when these are all a few hours drive.

Dundee, Belfast and Swansea are all lovely and some of them might still be in the UK in ten years time.

Ambient Sheep

Oxford
Milton Keynes
Leamington Spa
Hereford
Worcester
Gloucester
Cheltenham
Swindon
North Wales & Anglesey
Liverpool
Manchester
Leeds
Sheffield
Newcastle & the North-East in general (except passing through on the A1 to Edinburgh).
Dundee, Aberdeen, Thurso & Wick (but have done Perth, Inverness & Ullapool).
Cramlington.

Done most other biggish places, either as a kid with my parents or as an adult under my own steam.

I'm now quite intrigued to make a list of where I HAVE been and when.  Just for my own sake you understand.

biggytitbo

I've been to Withernsea, but I've never been to me.

Gregory Torso

Sheffield is lovely in all the ways that Leeds isn't.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Gregory Torso on August 10, 2019, 11:29:41 PM
Sheffield is lovely in all the ways that Leeds isn't.

I live equidistant between Leeds and Sheffield, like a Yorkshire grundle.

imitationleather

On Thursday I was on a coach that broke down in Leeds. Grim doesn't even begin to describe my mood at the time.

biggytitbo

Quote from: imitationleather on August 10, 2019, 11:39:16 PM
On Thursday I was on a coach that broke down in Leeds. Grim doesn't even begin to describe my mood at the time.

Imagine living there, I did from 2000 to 2017 and I have to confess as bad as that was it was an upgrade from living in Hull.

Brian Freeze

Cornwall.

Should I bother clogging the roads up and generally making the place look untidy? Does it need another twat?

The Culture Bunker

Not been to Cornwall either. Or what is probably 99% of the country, including:

Any part of Wales except Portmerion and Pwllheli.
Northern Ireland.
Or, indeed, any of the islands around Great Britain that make up the rest of the UK except Walney Island.
Anywhere on the South coast of England except Torquay and Folkestone.
Lincolnshire
East Riding of Yorkshire, or whatever it's called. Hull, basically
Durham
Norfolk and Suffolk.
Leicester, Nottingham, Stoke*, Luton, Swindon*, Wolverhampton*, Watford*, etc etc.

* been through on a train, if that counts.

Ambient Sheep

Actually, come to think of it, I've never been to Cardiff either.  Driven past it on the M4 oodles of times but never actually ventured in.

NattyDread 2

The Outer Hebrides, even though I live right next to the Inner Hebrides. Shocking really.

canadagoose

Quote from: NattyDread 2 on August 11, 2019, 02:08:55 AM
The Outer Hebrides, even though I live right next to the Inner Hebrides. Shocking really.
How do you get there? Is there a ferry from somewhere?

Bobtoo

You get to Lewis and Harris (which are actually the same island) from Ullapool and North Uist from Uig on Skye, or there are various inter-island options. I was surprised to learn that Lewis is the Outer Hebrides because it's less than three hours on the ferry.

They've introduced Road Equivalent Tarriff on most of the routes so it's quite affordable now.