Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,345
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: Probs mostly about AEW TNT debut and Smackdown on Fox

Started by peanutbutter, August 11, 2019, 06:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I dont care for wrestling much but I do want to marry the fuck out of Asuka.

Carry on.

Mobius

Same but Io.

Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic was cracking.

Rhea Ripley to finally dethrone Shaun's hopefully

peanutbutter

Anyone going to the NJPW show? Any idea how long it'll be?
Haven't gotten a ticket still but I'll probably pick one up from somewhere or another tomorrow or Saturday.

hummingofevil

Quote from: peanutbutter on August 29, 2019, 11:27:00 PM
Haven't gotten a ticket still but I'll probably pick one up from somewhere or another tomorrow or Saturday.

Doors 4pm, show starts at 6pm. Finish by 10pm. We'll be there in first row of the bleachers. I can't fucking wait. Got 4th row seats for Rev Pro tomorrow night and I am fucking fucking excited as fucking fuck. It's going to be utterely ace.

The only thing that could could spoil Copper Box is chanting dickheads but I am already happy to accept that as it's a UK show I will just have to put up with it. I suspect KENTA is beating Ishii which will be a bit of a crowd killer but live in hope that the insane happens and Suzuki beats Okada for the title. I am 99.9% convinced it ain't happening but if it does (it really won't) I genuinely think it would be the biggest pop of any wrestling show ever. When ZSJ beat Okada in Altrincham the noise was something else (Okada was in his non-title phase) and Okada got huge cheers but Suzuki and Ishii were the most over by a some margin (Suzuki beat Ishii in the most awesome strong style main event). If I was Gedo I would have Suzuki win at Copper Box and Okada (tired from the G1) crush him in October but understand why they wouldn't do that.

I AM FUCKING EXCITED. Did I mention that?

I'll post photos from my Twitter on here as we go so don't go slagging off the real me please. :)

Deanjam

I would also love Suzuki to win the IWGP title but they protect that belt like nothing else, and since we've already had 4 different champions in 2019 I don't see another change.

But it would be amazing

mikeyg27

Quote from: hummingofevil on August 29, 2019, 11:51:06 PM
Doors 4pm, show starts at 6pm. Finish by 10pm.

This is correct, right? Because all the ticket sites say this but the official NJPW site says 5.30pm start, and it affects my meeting up with the person I'm going with.

I'm hyped as fuck. I mildly regret not getting RevPro tickets but given the potential for me to go on a spending spree at the merch stall it's probably for the best. I may end up scouring Twickets tomorrow anyway.

hummingofevil

Well spotted. Dark matches? Pre-show? Rev Pro just announced a pre-show for tonight so guessing that there will be one for Copper Box too. Oh well. I plan on turning up about 4pm anyway and just pottering about.

mikeyg27

NJPW website says doors are 3.30pm for a 5.30pm start but every other site says 4pm for 6pm, so I think they just have the time wrong.

madhair60

Quote from: peanutbutter on August 29, 2019, 11:27:00 PM

I'm going :) Cheap seats but apparently all the seats are good.

This is actually my first wrestling show. My first wrestling show and it's fucking Naito and Okada. Christ.

Ja'moke

Quote from: hummingofevil on August 29, 2019, 11:51:06 PM
I am 99.9% convinced it ain't happening but if it does (it really won't) I genuinely think it would be the biggest pop of any wrestling show ever.

Until CM Punk turns up at All Out in Chicago later that day. ;)

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on August 30, 2019, 10:14:56 PM
Until CM Punk turns up at All Out in Chicago later that day. ;)

What time is his interview tomorrow btw?

Ja'moke

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on August 31, 2019, 12:24:33 AM
What time is his interview tomorrow btw?

12pm according to the Starrcast website. So should be 5pm UK time.

Gurke and Hare

The Rev Pro show tonight was excellent. Possibly a little over the top at the end, but fun. The six man match was great.

hummingofevil

So according to wrestling twitter the Rev Pro show was a disaster and everyone stormed out. What with that and being sat next to utter dicks of varying persuasions I'm remembering why I loved Mania week with a FITE TV account and independent wrestling subscriptions. I have heard so much attempted stingers today to last me a lifetime; surrounded by total patter vacuums.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 31, 2019, 01:59:41 AM
The Rev Pro show tonight was excellent. Possibly a little over the top at the end, but fun. The six man match was great.

Don't read Twitter then. It was a disaster don't you know! Fucking idiots man. I very much enjoyed it.

peanutbutter

Looking around at various views from the stadium, surely a good angle from the upper bowl is better than the floor? Assuming the floor results in tons of standing and looking around other people's heads. I guess you lose a lot of the atmosphere but still...

hummingofevil

We were on very back row at last year's show and it was fun to get an overview of everything. But last night being right up close to Suzuki and ZSJ in particular was a total treat. There is so much little detail to what they do that you don't pick up on a TV. Probably never get that close to them again so was total privilege.

Ja'moke

Cesaro has arrived in Cardiff to issue an Open Challenge at TakeOver tonight.

Ja'moke

Fantastic NXT UK tag title match. Cesaro v Dragonov was great too.

Ja'moke

madhair60

gmoney

Aye, Royal Quest was great. Only match I didn't think much of was the Sabre Jr match. Everything was good to great.

mikeyg27

My only problem was that the person I was going with didn't turn up until literally just after the British Title match, so I had to try and watch that match on the concourse without getting moved on by security. It did mean I caught a spectacular view of the end of it, though. Oh, and why the fuck wasn't the merch stall selling baseball caps? I was absolutely going to buy a LIJ hat.

peanutbutter

Going alone was a bit weird but that was pretty fun, especially for the dirt cheap price I got my ticket!
Was Kenta injured at the end there? He definitely struggled getting up onto a turnbuckle at one point.

All Out starts when? 1am?

Mobius

KENTA looked concussed for sure

Luchasaurus is a lot of fun.

Women's Royale was pretty crap. Really shit camera work didn't help

Moribunderast

ALL OUT was pretty great, I thought.

Young Bucks vs. Lucha Bros was completely insane. Cody vs. Spears was good but not quite great. Cody needs to be careful about not becoming Jeff Jarrett and having every match of his be an overbooked mess. He also needs to not bring his dog to the stage when pyro is about to go off. Poor Pharaoh was beside himself.

Omega vs. PAC was brilliant, save for an unfortunate botch at the end. I thought Jericho vs. Hangman was very, very good but maybe slightly too long as it seemed to lose the crowd in parts. I think part of that was that people weren't buying or not wanting Hangman to win so his near-falls didn't garner much heat.

Bring on the TV show.

Now to catch up on NJPW Royal Quest and it also seems as if I have to track down WALTER vs. Tyler Bate.

Timothy

Totally didnt expect it beforehand but I found NXT Takeover UK to be the most entertainint show of the weekend.

And yes. Cody has to stop bringing his dog.