Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:30:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: Probs mostly about AEW TNT debut and Smackdown on Fox

Started by peanutbutter, August 11, 2019, 06:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Well that was a spectacular finish. Very good show overall, as usual for Takeover.

Ja'moke

hummingofevil

Quote from: Deanjam on November 24, 2019, 02:27:27 AM
Well that was a spectacular finish. Very good show overall, as usual for Takeover.

Have to admit that part of the problem with these show is that I am drunk by end of them but the last two matches, to me, were just fine. Nice to see the talent try to kill themselves for my entertainment but much prefered the women's match. Checkov's tables are fine but they need to make it a little less obvious. A 4 star show mind. Bravo. Loved it overall.

hummingofevil

Point is, who from all that, has become a bigger star? Riddle and Balor? No. The men? No. Rhea? Probably.

hummingofevil

Anyway, love you guys as always. Off to watch Sigrid and Taylor Swift videos on Youtube and drink more rum.

up_the_hampipe

Adam Cole is wrestling tomorrow night and he took that huge bump at the end. Loon.

Timothy

That was great.

Weird how I prefer AEW Dynamite over the NXT tv show but simultaneously find the Takeovers much better then the AEW PPVs (most of them have underdelivered so far). Dynamites build up is better but the PPVs arent as good. NXT's build up is less good but all their Takeovers are fantastic. Hows that possible.

Moribunderast

I cracked and nabbed the show. Have fast-forwarded thru most to save time but that women's War Games match was awesome. Io Shirai is so hot it makes me depressed. Insanely talented too but I am a pig with eyes. That Dakota turn came off excellently too. I'm actually intrigued to check out NXT next week just to see the follow up with Dakota and Nox and Rhea and Bazsler. Bazsler's cocky walk down to the ring was awesome.

Apparently Mauro deleted his twitter account, probably due to harrassment. He WAS awful, far as I've seen but anybody @ing him just to insult his work or him personally is a cunt. Hope he's okay.

Mobius

Great show. 4 good to excellent matches. Riddle Vs Balor was probably the weakest. Solid match just not much to care about. Really enjoyed the triple threat, loved how there were all involved throughout. Both Wargames were brilliant. Just so many mental spots, lots of good little story bits. That women's war game was better than any women's rumble, money in the bank etc

I thought Mauro was fine. Same as ever. Not sure why this show would be a tipping point to start giving him shit.

kitsofan34

Are they trying to kill Adam Cole? The man has a broken wrist and they've put him in a ladder match, War Games match and now a title defense in 3 days.

Ranallo was incredibly cringey. "Holy Bleep" in particular. Guy's got great enthusiasm but jee whizz...

Deanjam

I find Beth Phoenix to be the worst of the NXT announcers. Everything she says feels like a pre prepared line. The holy bleep line was pretty awful though. All 3 of the NXT comms just need to calm down. They say every line like they're forcing out a difficult shit. But yeah, be critical if you like, but no need to give them direct abuse online if that's what's happened.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Deanjam on November 24, 2019, 11:39:04 AM
I find Beth Phoenix to be the worst of the NXT announcers. Everything she says feels like a pre prepared line. The holy bleep line was pretty awful though. All 3 of the NXT comms just need to calm down. They say every line like they're forcing out a difficult shit. But yeah, be critical if you like, but no need to give them direct abuse online if that's what's happened.

I am literally today years old when I realised it wasn't Renee. :) Wrestling fans are cunts as a general rule.

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on November 24, 2019, 12:04:49 PM
I am literally today years old when I realised it wasn't Renee. :) Wrestling fans are cunts as a general rule.

They do sound remarkably alike.

The NXT women's team for Survivor Series has been announced. Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, and Toni Storm. Hopefully they won't be jobbed out to the 'superstars'. Still no word on the men's team.

Moribunderast

So, the question of why WWE are trying to kill Adam Cole aside, am I wrong in thinking Ciampa just returned from a serious neck injury? Why is he essentially doing a leg drop bump off the top of a cage, landing on his arse and compressing his spine? For all the hubbub about the Omega/Mox match, that single bump is more likely to shorten or end a career than anything they did.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on November 24, 2019, 12:08:54 PM
They do sound remarkably alike.

The NXT women's team for Survivor Series has been announced. Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, and Toni Storm. Hopefully they won't be jobbed out to the 'superstars'. Still no word on the men's team.

The NXT women's decision is insanely stacked right now and that is a hell of a team. And so many potential cool match ups in the match. Io vs Sasha! Io vs Asuka and Kairi!

Also, on the topic of Mauro, one of the people giving him shit on Twitter last night was Corey Graves.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Mobius on November 24, 2019, 09:43:07 AM
I thought Mauro was fine. Same as ever. Not sure why this show would be a tipping point to start giving him shit.

He's been getting some shit on here for ages. This feels like the only part of Wrestling Internet that isn't slobbing on his knob.

Bazooka

Sorry I don't really follow wrestling, but this parody of wrestlers strength had me chuckling from a channel called Dicewalk: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dJA9gomsnNE

It may have been posted before.

Deanjam

Even by Battle Royal standards that was a boring Battle Royal.

Deanjam

Deanjam

Mobius

The Smackdown music is so bad.

Keith Lee rules, that Spirit Bomb should have been the finish.

up_the_hampipe

Best moment of Survivor Series was Michael Cole's flub during The Fiend's entrance:

"A spectral, demonic creature - The Universal Champion, The Miz."

sevendaughters

for all the cries of hot-shotting and total incoherence (all valid) I think there was a compelling aspect to the Survivor Series build and outcome. I'd be erect with rage if I worked at USA or FOX but it is amazing how much Vince wants to win this war ahead of all else. Bet the old goat regrets rebooting XFL now.

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Quote from: Deanjam on November 25, 2019, 12:39:28 AM
That womens survivor series match was garbage.

I've just got done watching and I thought that was one of the better matches on the card. But let down by some odd booking decisions and not having Sasha in the match as much as she should have been. Because when it came down to Sasha and Rhea it really picked up.

Overall, thought it was a pretty average show, though I did really enjoy Brock v Rey for what it was. And Bryan made the Fiend match work.

The main event was disappointing. I don't think Shayna is over as WWE thinks or would like her to be. I like her, but her match style isn't particularly crowd pleasing.

Oh, I forgot, Cole v Dunne was great too.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 25, 2019, 05:29:42 PM
The main event was disappointing. I don't think Shayna is over as WWE thinks or would like her to be. I like her, but her match style isn't particularly crowd pleasing.

This has been the case for such a long time now. I'm worried that Triple H is just as stubborn as Vince in terms of who he wants to be a star.