Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:38:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: Probs mostly about AEW TNT debut and Smackdown on Fox

Started by peanutbutter, August 11, 2019, 06:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Bray appearing on Miz's daughter's baby monitor was great. That's just the right level of wrestling corniness for me.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Deanjam on December 14, 2019, 07:48:05 AM
The highlight of Smackdown. Dash Wilder falling over on his entrance.

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1205663429824012288

One of two unintentional LOL moments for me this week, the other being Dolph going "WHAT COULD IT MEAN???" upon finding the security guards beaten up and smashed through the furniture in the locker room. I dunno, Dolph - maybe it has something to do with that guy you covered in dog food last week?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 14, 2019, 01:18:43 PM
Bray appearing on Miz's daughter's baby monitor was great. That's just the right level of wrestling corniness for me.

Their daughter did a great job. Future star!

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Deanjam

Botchamania 400 has a lovely video to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody.

Moribunderast

So apparently Marty Scurll showed up at the end of the NWA Pay-Per-View. Wonder if that's just a temporary thing or if he's actually signed there. Meltzer apparently reported Scurll would be doing an independent date/s soon that his ROH contract wouldn't have allowed but an AEW one might, so maybe he's just organised a bit of leeway. Will be interesting as he's probably the biggest free agent on the market.

Ja'moke

I'd be shocked if NWA had the money to sign Scurll to a full time deal. But even if it's a short term thing, that's a great get for them.

I'll admit I fell behind on NWA Power, especially after that whole Cornette situation.

Quote from: Deanjam on December 14, 2019, 07:30:16 PM
2.339 million for Smackdown. Not great.

I still find it genuinely baffling that these TV companies are throwing billions of dollars at Vince to attract the same ballpark number of viewers as an average episode of George Clarke's Amazing Spaces.

sevendaughters

Ja'moke

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on December 15, 2019, 03:05:44 PM
I didn't realise Kip Sabian is another Norfolk boy.

I think you mean Norfooook (*Justin Roberts voice*).

hummingofevil

Lady Maravilla vs Big Mami hair vs hair was all kinds of great. Love AAA.

Gurke and Hare

Anyone else go to the Rev Pro show tonight? Good fun, Suzuki-Gun v Evil & Sanada was good, and the Oku v PAC main event too.

Deanjam

Asuka/Kairi vs Charlotte/Becky is opening TLC tonight, and while I'm baffled it isn't the main event, I'm also delighted as it's the only match on this show I want to see and I can go to bed early.

Deanjam

letsgobrian

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on December 15, 2019, 10:52:21 PM
Anyone else go to the Rev Pro show tonight? Good fun, Suzuki-Gun v Evil & Sanada was good, and the Oku v PAC main event too.

Enjoyed despite it being a bad PA day in York Hall, those recap videos were unintelligible from the balcony. Not sure if Progress running in direct competition or running 3 weeks after the British J Cup hurt the attendance.

Deanjam

First 2 matches of TLC was good, rest of the show was awful.

Timothy

Fun PPV. Especially the Wyatt match. Such a great persona.

That said: Poor Kairi. They should have stopped the match.

Charlotte Flair is getting a lot of criticism about her seemingly thinking Kairi was no-selling.

Deanjam

And rightly so. Bad instincts from her to not recognise that Kairi really didn't want to do that spot.

amateur

Something about the intonation between the notes in Emi Sakura's AEW theme makes me feel physically ill every time I hear it.

Edit: incredible autocorrect, Emi Samurai a much better name

Ja'moke

Just finished TLC, mostly a poor event. And I honestly can't believe the refs didn't check on Kairi. That was not comfortable to watch, especially when she was trying to stop Charlotte from power bombing her through the table.

Deanjam

Just listened to the Bryan & Dave review and one of the 'fans' at the KFC table last night wrestled on 205 live on Friday. I hope he's  a better wrestler than actor.

Gurke and Hare