Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:59:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: Probs mostly about AEW TNT debut and Smackdown on Fox

Started by peanutbutter, August 11, 2019, 06:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Timothy

What a match. Back and forth. Can't wait to see who wins.

Spode

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 27, 2020, 06:47:17 PM
Rollins never tickled my pickle in any role. There's a lot of revisionist praise that goes to Rollins' heel run in 2014-2015, those weekly Raw episodes were dogshit with him doing all that Triple H schtick, while Triple H was also there. Torture.

He had some great matches in that run. He was as over as anyone by the time he had that triple threat with Cena and Lesnar, and his feud with Orton was good too. I don't take much notice of RAW in all fairness, it could turn me against anyone given enough time. I thought he played his role well and had great PPV matches.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 27, 2020, 06:48:44 PM
Is Mansoor getting booed?

I thought he was on his entrance, but he (mostly) won them over in the end. Dreadful landing on that moonsault though.

sevendaughters

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 27, 2020, 06:51:55 PM
Maybe some footage leaked of him respecting a woman.

quite the opposite recently, some dodgy footage of him being a right cunt was released of late

Spode

Quote from: Timothy on February 27, 2020, 06:49:15 PM
Thought I misheard! Yep, he is.

He might be local but the crowd are clearly up to date on the weekly stuff. They're going to be increasingly less arsed about him if he's never on tele between Saudi shows

Deanjam

Quote from: Spode on February 27, 2020, 07:00:23 PM
He had some great matches in that run. He was as over as anyone by the time he had that triple threat with Cena and Lesnar, and his feud with Orton was good too. I don't take much notice of RAW in all fairness, it could turn me against anyone given enough time. I thought he played his role well and had great PPV matches.

Raw in 2014 (post Shield split) and through 2015 was pretty awful. The authority gimmick was all over it like shit and it stank. It got better in 2016.

Deanjam

Quote from: sevendaughters on February 27, 2020, 07:01:43 PM
quite the opposite recently, some dodgy footage of him being a right cunt was released of late

Details please ...

Deanjam

I have to laugh that the storyline is Ricochet has no chance of beating Brock. You should only do that if the underdog is going to win.

Timothy

Can't believe I'm saying this.... but do you guys reckon there is any chance Richochet or Goldberg's gonna win the title to give the Saudi show a major moment?

Deanjam

Quote from: Timothy on February 27, 2020, 07:08:27 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this.... but do you guys reckon there is any chance Richochet or Goldberg's gonna win the title to give the Saudi show a major moment?

Goldberg has a chance, Rick O'Shea no. But they've already done a title change on the show so probably no for both.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on February 27, 2020, 07:06:27 PM
I have to laugh that the storyline is Ricochet has no chance of beating Brock. You should only do that if the underdog is going to win.

I'm just hopeful that promo signified that this match will at least last longer than a couple of minutes.

Spode

Quote from: Timothy on February 27, 2020, 07:08:27 PM

Goldberg wins I reckon and they do the rematch at Mania. Ricochet in a triple threat at Mania with Lesnar and McIntyre would be brilliant  and much better than what we'll end up getting but no chance they do it.

Deanjam

Brock's 3 matches in Saudi Arabia have lasted 15 minutes in total. So, don't blink.

Timothy

Always bugs me that nobody ever rolls out of the ring after those suplexes.

That was it.

Deanjam

Timothy

Talking about short Brock matches, why did Kofi never bother to ask for his rematch clause?

Would be awesome if he did so and would make the Mania match a three way that way.

Deanjam

Quote from: Timothy on February 27, 2020, 07:16:42 PM
Talking about short Brock matches, why did Kofi never bother to ask for his rematch clause?

There are no automatic rematches anymore in WWE (unless they want to do one anyway). But mainly it's because he's a mid card comedy loser and don't you forget it.

up_the_hampipe

Can always get a gauge of how much Brock respects someone from these matches. Doesn't think of Ricochet as anything more than a flippy little jabroni, I'm guessing.

Spode

Is there a massive increase in pay when you get called up from NXT? Because you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming if not. Add Ricochet to Neville, Sami Zayn, Balor, Samoa Joe and countless more being wasted on the main roster.

Timothy

Quote from: Spode on February 27, 2020, 07:19:26 PM
Is there a massive increase in pay when you get called up from NXT? Because you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming if not. Add Ricochet to Neville, Sami Zayn, Balor, Samoa Joe and countless more being wasted on the main roster.

Still think that Joe could and would have been world champion if he wasn't that injury prone.

Didn't know that about the rematch clause Dean. Always liked that rule. Made the title seem more important.

Timothy

Have to admit, I quite like that King Corbin / Old Corbin Theme mash up.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 27, 2020, 07:18:54 PM
Can always get a gauge of how much Brock respects someone from these matches. Doesn't think of Ricochet as anything more than a flippy little jabroni, I'm guessing.

Apparently Heyman is a big fan and wants to push him, and Brock usually lets Paul design his matches. Either that story is bollocks or Vince has overruled him.

Quote from: Spode on February 27, 2020, 07:19:26 PM

There used to be a big pay increase, although that may change with NXT being on USA these days. The problem is that for the many who are used badly there are guys like Owens and Drew who have been given good pushes and so everyone thinks they have a chance. It's why smaller wrestlers keep going there despite everyone knowing what can happen.

Still I'd rather be in Ospreay, Sabre or Ibushi's shoes right now. So turning WWE down works for some.

Deanjam

Quote from: Timothy on February 27, 2020, 07:20:25 PM
Didn't know that about the rematch clause Dean. Always liked that rule. Made the title seem more important.

They dropped it one one of the Raw's last year. They still do rematches when they want though.

Spode

Is there a more stupid stipulation in wrestling than being able to ask the referee to open the door so you can just walk out of the cage?