Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling: Probs mostly about AEW TNT debut and Smackdown on Fox

Started by peanutbutter, August 11, 2019, 06:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timothy

Weird isnt it? If you keep changing email adresses you can have unlimited free WWE Network access.

Cesaro on the preshow :(.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 04, 2020, 11:27:02 PM
If it was me I would go crazy and shoot it like action movie fight scenes.

This. I would like to see more segments like that Lance Archer backyard wrestling bit. 7 hours of WWW-style wrestling and booking with no crowd can mean nothing other than a shit show, surely?

Timothy

I expect that for both the Taker and the Fiend match. But the rest is probably gonna be normal matches without a crowd.

Also seems commentary team wasnt present at the taping and that they recorded the commentary later.

I dont get why Vince didnt postpone this.

Ja'moke

That's why I'm most looking forward to Taker v AJ and Cena v Fiend because those are going to be different and filmed like a horror B movie. And at this point, that is more appealing than just straight up wrestling in a warehouse in front of absolutely nobody.

Mobius

is night 2 gonna have a pre-show as well?!

i've got mania on in the background just going to alt tab when i hear the crowd pop have a good mania all

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Timothy on April 04, 2020, 11:22:41 PM
I wonder how Morrison feels about his return to WWE.

All that matters is how WWE feel about him.

He had a lot of ideas in his Chronicle episode. Dreaming about Mania and the Rumble. Then he was a bit disappointed about his debut in the backstage scene with Miz.

After that he got fed to Lesnar in the Rumble and is in a weird tag singles match at Mania in an empty Performance Center.

Which sums up how WWE feel about him, they put him with the Miz, right back where he was when he left. Honestly, how anyone can sign with WWE these days and expect any different is beyond me, especially someone who has worked there before.

Deanjam

Quote from: hummingofevil on April 04, 2020, 11:27:02 PM
I think we will have a good idea how good it will be after 5 mins. If it was me I would go crazy and shoot it like action movie fight scenes.

I did hear that AJ/Taker and Cena/Fiend were shot movie style. That may be bullshit though.

Cesaro/Gulak was pretty good, but please tell me Cole isn't doing all the commentary by himself.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Mobius on April 04, 2020, 11:33:44 PM
is night 2 gonna have a pre-show as well?!

i've got mania on in the background just going to alt tab when i hear the crowd pop have a good mania all

Yep, Liv v Natalya tomorrow night's pre show. Riveting.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Timothy on April 04, 2020, 11:35:25 PM
Worked out well for Drew so far.

Only because he got roided up to get the look Vince likes. And 'so far' would be the key words there.

BeardFaceMan

I haven't watched any of WWE's crowdless shows, is it completely empty or do they at least have wrestlers at ringside like AEW to create a bit of atmosphere?

Deanjam

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on April 04, 2020, 11:38:12 PM
I haven't watched any of WWE's crowdless shows, is it completely empty or do they at least have wrestlers at ringside like AEW to create a bit of atmosphere?

Completely empty.

Mobius

you've got to imagine like 80% of the show will take place outside of the ring, because it's just gonna feel like a crowdless raw/smackdown otherwise

BeardFaceMan

Ja'moke

Steph can fuck off, but that medley of past performances of the anthem was pretty cool. Can't wait for the Pitbull compilation later.

Timothy

Ja'moke

What the fuck is this haha. Voice over sounds like the British twat from Westworld.

Mobius

Enzo

not sure how a pre-recorded show can stall for time, but this definitely is stalling for time!

Mobius

Ja'moke

I mean, if they just decide to go the whole campy comedy vibe all night then, sure, why not? Might be fun.

Enzo

I see Gronkowski has brought his Mum's cataract glasses.

Ja'moke

This is all so surreal. WrestleMania in the PC with no crowd being opened by Mojo and the Gronk. I can't help but laugh.

Ja'moke