Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Longpigs

Started by sardines, August 11, 2019, 09:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sardines

Man I wish more people were into the Longpigs
I'd love a reunion
On and On is fuckin epic especially after a few
In fact after a few they are the perfect band
So yeah share your longpigs love

Inspector Norse

I did like the debut, certainly one of the best efforts from lesser Britpop lights. It had a certain twisted urgency to it and some good hooks that elevated it above the rest of that slurry of mediocrity that was dumped on us in '96-'97.

Norton Canes

Oh, Richard Hawley. Never knew that. Saw them once, at Brixton Academy, sandwiched between Starsailor and... ah, let me think... Muse? No. Hang on, it'll come to me.

Norton Canes

Wait it might have been Muse

Norton Canes

Jockice

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 12, 2019, 12:25:43 PM
Cue Jockice

Hi there! I can exclusively reveal that there is absolutely no chance of a reunion. Sorry.

(Crispin's now some sort of music business bigwig and was a Change UK European Parliament candidate, Richard's doing his own stuff as is Simon in a more lowkey way. The latter is no longer married to Kate, who is as lovely as ever. Their original drummer Dee died a couple of years ago (Richard didn't go to the funeral. Those two had fallen out in a big way, although to be fair I don't know if this was the reason for his non-attendance) and his replacement Andy and his equally sweet wife Ali now run a successful studio/venue on the outskirts of the city.)

This is your showbiz reporter in Sheffield. Thank you.