Author Topic: Longpigs  (Read 541 times)

sardines

• give a man a horse
Longpigs
« on: August 11, 2019, 09:09:01 PM »
Man I wish more people were into the Longpigs
I'd love a reunion
On and On is fuckin epic especially after a few
In fact after a few they are the perfect band
So yeah share your longpigs love

Re: Longpigs
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »
I did like the debut, certainly one of the best efforts from lesser Britpop lights. It had a certain twisted urgency to it and some good hooks that elevated it above the rest of that slurry of mediocrity that was dumped on us in '96-'97.

Norton Canes

• Watching the Wednesday wheel
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 12:23:35 PM »
Oh, Richard Hawley. Never knew that. Saw them once, at Brixton Academy, sandwiched between Starsailor and... ah, let me think... Muse? No. Hang on, it'll come to me.

Norton Canes

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 12:25:23 PM »
Wait it might have been Muse

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »
Cue Jockice

Norton Canes

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 12:28:08 PM »
No, wasn't them

Jockice

• I really have red hair. And a **********.
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »
Cue Jockice

Hi there! I can exclusively reveal that there is absolutely no chance of a reunion. Sorry.

(Crispin's now some sort of music business bigwig and was a Change UK European Parliament candidate, Richard's doing his own stuff as is Simon in a more lowkey way. The latter is no longer married to Kate, who is as lovely as ever. Their original drummer Dee died a couple of years ago (Richard didn't go to the funeral. Those two had fallen out in a big way, although to be fair I don't know if this was the reason for his non-attendance) and his replacement Andy and his equally sweet wife Ali now run a successful studio/venue on the outskirts of the city.)

This is your showbiz reporter in Sheffield. Thank you.