Author Topic: OITNB S7  (Read 409 times)

OITNB S7
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:59:59 AM »
Not sure if I have missed a thread on this.

Anyone else watching this? Have gone through half a dozen episodes more out of loyalty than enthusiasm. They have changed tack and mixed 50/50 outside and inside storylines and introduced new prison in the form of an immigration detention centre.

It's ok but they've abandoned any attempt at subtlety and it's very much tell-not-show.

Thoughts?

Re: OITNB S7
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 11:18:44 PM »
Watched the whole damn thing, and am glad it's now over. The last episode was feature length and a real slog.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 11:27:03 PM »
but they've abandoned any attempt at subtlety and it's very much tell-not-show.

Was there ever any?

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »
Was there ever any?

Fair enough - maybe the agenda was a bit less obvious. To be honest I can't believe that there are seven seasons of it. I sort of remember the first which I assume was close to the book in that it took a different character each episode and had the posh-white-woman-in-prison theme running underneath. The others are just gone from my mind except bits of the last one which was farcical.

Watched the whole damn thing, and am glad it's now over. The last episode was feature length and a real slog.

Agree completely and they seemed to back off a lot and go for a prison is a right laugh vibe to round things off.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 04:50:22 PM »
Apparently they're tossing around ideas for a spin-off, in a "we don't know what the fuck there is left to do with this, but we want to do something" sort of way.

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 06:11:12 PM »
Funnily enough I was going to suggest that there was something so open ended and optimistic about the ending that it seemed ripe for exploiting into a terrible AfterMash thing.

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
I'm not sure how the lass who plays Taystee hasn't had a look in at the Emmy's. She's been terrific throughout the whole run.

And Piper must really love Alex to turn down romps with Alicia Witt.

Captain Z

• Oh yeah my cholesterol's going down
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 08:57:21 PM »
No I haven't seen Oh It's The Nathan Barley Show 7.